Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Coaching

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    agree,poor leadership starts at the top
    At the top it is looking pretty good but coaching , now thats another story.....
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    We have fantastic leadership at the top IMO.
    If you are suggesting David May is doing a poor job, your wrong.

This club was on the brink of collapse and has been streamlined and remodeled brilliantly IMO.
    The integration back into the junior clubs has not gone unnoticed with past players like Toopie and Cambell back at the grassroots. The first grade players ambassador roles at all local clubs is starting to take effect. Junior participation levels are through the roof.

After the off field dramas and the fact we lost the club captain, we are touted as a top 8 team.

In my opinion I don't think the coaching is the best it could be. But I have nothing but confidence in David May and the board.
    Sounds positive...but he's been in the job long enough to now make the tough decision.

We have to start winning and threaten the premiership before we really grow our supporter base...our current coach doesn't have what it takes to get us there....simple as that.

Does David May know his rugby League...can he see Carty wont get us there...does he have an idea which coaches have the potential to win a NRL premiership?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Sounds positive...but he's been in the job long enough to now make the tough decision.

We have to start winning and threaten the premiership before we really grow our supporter base...our current coach doesn't have what it takes to get us there....simple as that.

Does David May know his rugby League...can he see Carty wont get us there...does he have an idea which coaches have the potential to win a NRL premiership?
    The club signed Carty to a 5 year deal before May took office.

Do you expect to just pay out Cartys contract and then sign a top line coach?

Who is paying for that?

Changes take time, in the last 12 months Searle took a step back, we introduced a board, let Prince move on, refreshed the club by eliminating 1/2 of the jobs and letting the CoE go, also moving on the Titanium bar.

It would not have gone un noticed im sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Do you expect to just pay out Cartys contract and then sign a top line coach?
    Get a new coach or keep losing fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Get a new coach or keep losing fans.
    I am all for a new coach, but i do not think it would be that simple.
    The club has only in the last few weeks got back in the black, i would safely say tearing up a 5 year contract would be an extremely expensive exercise.

I do not want to see our club in financial trouble in the short term to appease a few band wagoners, as i know that any long term Titan (although they might want a change and demand a change) would not be lost to the club because of it.

If people choose not to follow the team because of losing, then go enjoy the TAB. Ill still be at the footy next game.
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

The club has only in the last few weeks got back in the black, i would safely say tearing up a 5 year contract would be an extremely expensive exercise.

I do not want to see our club in financial trouble in the short term to appease a few band wagoners, as i know that any long term Titan (although they might want a change and demand a change) would not be lost to the club because of it.

If people choose not to follow the team because of losing, then go enjoy the TAB. Ill still be at the footy next game.
    I'm hearin' ya Coaster. But can also see the heartbreak in the fans. The fact of the matter is, when we're winning, this kind of talk doesn't circulate. But when we're losing, we're all looking for someone to cop the blame.

Can't blame Searlie now. Can't blame Princey now, so obviously it's Coach who cops it. Like you say, it's an expensive call to pull the rug on a bloke who's just extended his gig. But in a time where performance (in most professions) is data-driven, accountability is hard to hide from.

Fans, culture and sponsorship goes to a team winning games.

When I said losing fans...I mean fans overall...not an individual.
    Having belief in a footy team creates new fans...young and old.
    Every kid has to watch their first game of footy...they're not going to follow the losing team unless their old man follows them but they may follow a team that beats their family member.

The fan that not many talk about is the guy that has the Titans as their second favourite. He still speaks positively about the club in the work place, club and social environments. He watches the Titans and may even buy merchandising.

What about the fan that always chooses Titans in their footy tipping?
    Every tipper and punter cheers for the team they have chosen...the more they tip and win, the more they choose us...the more they watch and the more they cheer...the more positive energy towards the club...lets make them choose us!

The more we win, the more chance of getting prime TV appearances.

You can't get everyone but the more they watch, the more chance of progressing into a stronger level of fan.

The overall fan base creates a positive vibe towards sponsorship.
    Last edited by Chaos; 29-04-13 at 06:39 PM.

Can't blame Searlie now.
    Searle hasnt gone anywhere
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Searle hasnt gone anywhere
    Obviously as a director of football he is still in the building. But much of the controversy/fan dissatisfaction can't be attributed to him this year. Nor can it to his predecessor, who is doing a damn fine job.

I'm hearin' ya Coaster. But can also see the heartbreak in the fans. The fact of the matter is, when we're winning, this kind of talk doesn't circulate. But when we're losing, we're all looking for someone to cop the blame.

Can't blame Searlie now. Can't blame Princey now, so obviously it's Coach who cops it. Like you say, it's an expensive call to pull the rug on a bloke who's just extended his gig. But in a time where performance (in most professions) is data-driven, accountability is hard to hide from.
    i have sort of said this since the start of the year.

Carty has had player issues, financial issues, searle issues and always something to take the focus off his coaching.

this year he shed a player that was said to be causing issues, he got in a massive origin and test forward, the debt is cleared, a new fitness regime installed.... he is fresh out of excuses.its time to perform.

David May also needed time to assess from within the club. statistically since May took over our record isnt too bad, so it would be harsh to punt him even thought we all see enough cause to do so... but as the season wears on and the win loss ratio slips into the negative, and rediculous selections and replacements are made, things will crystalise for our management and the wheels will start to turn.

Some of us might wish it begins sooner, but i just hope whnever the moves are made, we dont wait too long and miss out on the good candidates available.

i would put Kevvie Walters, Paul Green and even see some merit in Tim sheens as the men to chase if it comes to that. With 2 or 3 other coaches under pressure, we wouldnt want them to get snapped up.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

can i ask because im not prepared to read through this thread but when we were on a 3 game winning streak was the talk of the coach still coming up?
    Were in the top 8 guys and we only lost last night due to 3 of our players getting injuries in the first 15 minutes which is out of the coaches control(even melbourne or souths would lose). the game against the sharks we lost by 2 points and the broncos we lost a very good game.
    This chat has been coming up for long enough. its time to stop, because its gonna get no were. for the next few years we need to stick by our coach and our players. i hounestly think we final bound this year and im sure once we get a few of our injured players back we will be a premiership contender

This club was on the brink of collapse and has been streamlined and remodeled brilliantly IMO.
    The integration back into the junior clubs has not gone unnoticed with past players like Toopie and Cambell back at the grassroots. The first grade players ambassador roles at all local clubs is starting to take effect. Junior participation levels are through the roof.

After the off field dramas and the fact we lost the club captain, we are touted as a top 8 team.

In my opinion I don't think the coaching is the best it could be. But I have nothing but confidence in David May and the board.

I agree with this totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Titans Fanatic View Post
    can i ask because im not prepared to read through this thread but when we were on a 3 game winning streak was the talk of the coach still coming up?
    Were in the top 8 guys and we only lost last night due to 3 of our players getting injuries in the first 15 minutes which is out of the coaches control(even melbourne or souths would lose). the game against the sharks we lost by 2 points and the broncos we lost a very good game.
    This chat has been coming up for long enough. its time to stop, because its gonna get no were. for the next few years we need to stick by our coach and our players. i hounestly think we final bound this year and im sure once we get a few of our injured players back we will be a premiership contender
    The biggest concern yesterday was what the coach did with injurys, moving Kelly to center and bird to 5/8 dumbest ****ing decision EVER.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

100 percent agree. IMO David is doing a great job. What a lot people need to take on board is that DM is just warming to the role. Anyone just taking over a struggling Business on average takes about 9-12 months to really get the Business Humming along. Hard decisions were made about Scott Prince so I'm confident that when the time comes hard decisions about Cartright it will be made. However I , along many others on here do get rather agitated in Cartys decisions for our team make up some weeks . Kind of makes me wonder wether he makes team selections on the run or under pressure and has been not clear in his thoughts behind them?

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    The biggest concern yesterday was what the coach did with injurys, moving Kelly to center and bird to 5/8 dumbest ****ing decision EVER.
    bird has got man of the match for state of origin twice playing at five eigth, also not sure bird has played centre before. i know kelly has played wing and fullback before. i really dont think it was that dumb