Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dopamine View Post
    Anyone know what Jersey we're wearing this week..... Haven't seen a heritage one released and its the men of league heritage round.
    We will be wearing our standard home jersey
    #itaintweaktospeak

Going to be an interesting game no matter what happens. Good to see some of the youngsters getting their shot. It's a game we really need to win if we're serious about finals footy, but either way it's going to be interesting.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    We have got this. HENRY has been playing very good footy in the Intrust Cup, as has Rankin. Mighty Mouse from the 20's will do a great job for us as this kid is all heart with the skills to go with it.
    If our forwards take this game by the scruff of the neck this is a very winnable game for us.
    With MINI returning to NRL this week he will be like a caged beast and we will see a blinder from him. (expect to see him score in second half).
    As for Chalky, i personnally rate this bloke to the protests of the forum. But he is an excellent utility and with the injury toll we have that is a good selection in my eyes.
    I like this post the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbojones View Post
    Guess we will see this ?
    6. Beau Henry
    7. Jordan rankin
    9. Sam Irwin
    I'd say Albert will play.

Quote Originally Posted by david may View Post
    I'd say Albert will play.
    That's great news.

^ yes to above, hope hes 100% though.

Heard that Don will be starting, with Mead to centre and Idris to the pack. Anyone else heard this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    ^ yes to above, hope hes 100% though.

Heard that Don will be starting, with Mead to centre and Idris to the pack. Anyone else heard this?
    All true mate
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior Titan

Henry will take over kicking I assume? Though Don kicked back in Grafton IIRC.

From: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226618610767

THE recruiter who snared crafty hooker Sam Irwin from Darwin believes he could be the Gold Coast Titans' new Nathan Friend.

Irwin will make his NRL debut at Skilled Park on Sunday against Parramatta as the Titans face an injury and suspension crisis.

They will be without six first-choice players, including hookers Matt Srama (shoulder) and Beau Falloon (appendix), allowing 20-year-old Irwin to make his debut.

The Titans will field two debutants for the first time in their seven-year history against the Eels with Irwin and winger Anthony Don drafted into the squad.

Falloon, who was set to take over the starting duties from Srama, had emergency surgery to remove his appendix on Wednesday night and has been ruled out of the clash.

At 171cm and 79kg, Irwin is one of the smallest No.9s in the game, but he is also one of the most competitive players to pull on a Titans jersey.

Titans junior recruitment manager Tom Searle is adamant he can become a star.

"He's got the temperament. His nickname is Tarzan because he's as strong as an ox for his size," Searle said.

"He proves size doesn't always matter. He works hard on other parts of his game to overcome that. He probably reminds me more of Nathan (Friend) than anyone else."

Searle spotted Irwin playing for Northern Territory at the 2007 under-15 national championships in Darwin. The youngster was a standout in the developing states comp.

Searle signed him to a small scholarship and Irwin's family relocated to the Gold Coast. Irwin followed an Australian Schoolboys jersey in 2010 with two years in the NRL's under-20s competition.

"In a side that really struggled last year, he was just about the best player I saw in the whole competition," said Titans coach John Cartwright.

Speculation last night was that Cartwright may spring changes planned to his starting side.

These switches would include Ash Harrison to hooker, Irwin to the bench, Jamal Idris to second-row, David Mead to the centres and Don starting at wing.

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2gordon View Post
    From: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226618610767

THE recruiter who snared crafty hooker Sam Irwin from Darwin believes he could be the Gold Coast Titans' new Nathan Friend.

Irwin will make his NRL debut at Skilled Park on Sunday against Parramatta as the Titans face an injury and suspension crisis.

They will be without six first-choice players, including hookers Matt Srama (shoulder) and Beau Falloon (appendix), allowing 20-year-old Irwin to make his debut.

The Titans will field two debutants for the first time in their seven-year history against the Eels with Irwin and winger Anthony Don drafted into the squad.

Falloon, who was set to take over the starting duties from Srama, had emergency surgery to remove his appendix on Wednesday night and has been ruled out of the clash.

At 171cm and 79kg, Irwin is one of the smallest No.9s in the game, but he is also one of the most competitive players to pull on a Titans jersey.

Titans junior recruitment manager Tom Searle is adamant he can become a star.

"He's got the temperament. His nickname is Tarzan because he's as strong as an ox for his size," Searle said.

"He proves size doesn't always matter. He works hard on other parts of his game to overcome that. He probably reminds me more of Nathan (Friend) than anyone else."

Searle spotted Irwin playing for Northern Territory at the 2007 under-15 national championships in Darwin. The youngster was a standout in the developing states comp.

Searle signed him to a small scholarship and Irwin's family relocated to the Gold Coast. Irwin followed an Australian Schoolboys jersey in 2010 with two years in the NRL's under-20s competition.

"In a side that really struggled last year, he was just about the best player I saw in the whole competition," said Titans coach John Cartwright.

Speculation last night was that Cartwright may spring changes planned to his starting side.

These switches would include Ash Harrison to hooker, Irwin to the bench, Jamal Idris to second-row, David Mead to the centres and Don starting at wing.
    they have lined up as such all week at training
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Why couldn't Zillman shift to centre and move Mead to fullback?
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Everyone always mentions Mead to fullback but how do you guys think he would go at centre?

Also, I heard Kelly finished session strongly so that'll be good news provided he's absolutely 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    All true mate
    Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    they have lined up as such all week at training
    Is Harrison starting at hooker? There has been speculation

Too many changes to me. It smells of a disaster.

Harrison to hooker
    Idris to the pack
    Mead to centre
    Don to wing
    Michaels to the other centre

what then part way through??

Mead to fullback
    Idris back to centres
    Irwin to hooker
    Zillman to halves

Too many changes for me. As much as i am not fussed on Michaels and Zillman I think stability is the key.

Zillman to stay at fullback
    Michaels to fill in for Taka
    Irwin to hooker and chalky when Irwin is off
    Henry to fill in for Sezer
    Idris and Mead to stay where they are.

I think although it is not our best team I think stability in positions is the key otherwise it will end up like last week.

Just my two cents.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Everyone always mentions Mead to fullback but how do you guys think he would go at centre?

Also, I heard Kelly finished session strongly so that'll be good news provided he's absolutely 100%.
    Mead has carved Q cup at centre before ive been told.

him getting the ball more can only be a good thing