Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    We have got this. HENRY has been playing very good footy in the Intrust Cup, as has Rankin. Mighty Mouse from the 20's will do a great job for us as this kid is all heart with the skills to go with it.
    If our forwards take this game by the scruff of the neck this is a very winnable game for us.
    With MINI returning to NRL this week he will be like a caged beast and we will see a blinder from him. (expect to see him score in second half).
    As for Chalky, i personnally rate this bloke to the protests of the forum. But he is an excellent utility and with the injury toll we have that is a good selection in my eyes.
    i'm with you titan dad. I think we will win this one.

Just no more injury/illness please.

Quote Originally Posted by david may View Post
    i'm with you titan dad. I think we will win this one.

Just no more injury/illness please.
    Or players doing the wrong thing and getting themselves stood down

Junior

Guess we will see this ?
    6. Beau Henry
    7. Jordan rankin
    9. Sam Irwin

Irwin to make debut against Eels
    Adam Gardini
    Thursday 11 April 2013 10:57 AM

iSelect Gold Coast Titans hooker Sam Irwin will make his NRL debut in Sunday's twilight clash against the Parramatta Eels after being called up in place of injured hookers Matt Srama (shoulder) and Beau Falloon (appendix).

Falloon was set replace the injured Srama for Sunday's clash but he has also been ruled out after being admitted to hospital with appendicitis.

The loss of Falloon opens the door up for former Titans Under-20s hooker Irwin, who got a taste of first grade action during the club's pre-season trial matches in February.

Irwin, who was born in the Northern Territory, was a stand-out for the Titans' NYC side last year and won both the NYC Player of the Year award and NYC Players' Player award.

Despite being small in stature, Irwin is regarded as one of the strongest players

titans.com.au
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 11-04-13 at 10:32 AM.

Hopefully Sam comes in and does the job. I shudder when I see references to the Under 20's team such as Sam being their player of the year, or the other players suggested from that team such as Hunt, Russell etc to play NRL.
    I know one player alone is not responsible for a team's performance but the Titans Under 20 team from last year was by far the worst Under 20's team I have seen since that comp started and this years team is only marginally better.
    What the story is with our junior development is I don't know but something is badly wrong. I guess that is for another day and thread.

I'm actually very excited to go to this game.

We still have a fearsome pack of forwards, idris in good shape, and two young halves who have never been given a real crack, coming in to a side that has a better mindset than previous years.

Us the string chance of seeing mead at FB.

Despite being a midget lil Sammy squats 260 plus kgs...
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I'm actually very excited to go to this game.

We still have a fearsome pack of forwards, idris in good shape, and two young halves who have never been given a real crack, coming in to a side that has a better mindset than previous years.

Us the string chance of seeing mead at FB.
    I agree DB. It is still a very winnable game. If we can go 4-2 and then have the week off all the worries of the past week will largely be behind us.

Anyone know what Jersey we're wearing this week..... Haven't seen a heritage one released and its the men of leauge heritage round.

I hope Sam has a blinder , but i think he has a hard task ahead off him , we have 2 very good hookers which he is replacing. I will miss this game due to work, but will watch it.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Just cant believe we are down to a 3rd hooker! But I underneath the fear, Im always excited to see how new blood will go in the NRL.

Henry. Henry I have faith in. This is his opportunity, he will give it his all.

I dont think the Titans are used to an early season injury crisis. Usually happens at the end of the season. This will test our depth. But the forward pack remains largely intact, but we know how important the hooker is. (Friend/Srama and Falloon has been unbelievable)
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I dont think the Titans are used to an early season injury crisis.
    Your funniest quote ever DH we are the world champions at dealing with crises ... we'll take them beginning, middle, end and even off-season ... bring them on!!!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Your funniest quote ever DH we are the world champions at dealing with crises ... we'll take them beginning, middle, end and even off-season ... bring them on!!!
    I try my best man.

If we complete the whole set of crises we get a free sub.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

You know... if I was a moronic Broncos fan, I'd be saying that this game would be the ideal excuse to use the Baby Broncos defence.

Aaaawwww.... they are the Baby Broncos so win or lose they are brave and amazing, so it doesnt count as a loss. They arent the real Broncos, they are the Baby Broncos....
    Tiny Titans.

Nah screw that, we are the GOLD COAST TITANS!

That Baby Broncos bull**** ****s me. Anyone else notice how their fans do this?

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    You know... if I was a moronic Broncos fan, I'd be saying that this game would be the ideal excuse to use the Baby Broncos defence.

Tiny Titans.

Nah screw that, we are the GOLD COAST TITANS!

That Baby Broncos bull**** ****s me. Anyone else notice how their fans do this?
    Yes I live next to a Bronco supporter they have an excuse for the time of day. Last year when we beat the Broncos at Skilled it wasn't that we played good the Broncos played bad
    Last edited by a flash of gordon; 11-04-13 at 01:50 PM.