Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i think going in with CTW on bench and shuffling things on the run was dodgy as?

i think we should train and prepare for both possibilities, and once we know what our structure will be, then commit to that 100%, and only hopefully only change if injuries occur.

good call on both flash ( whom i have reverted back to calling Commissioner ) and Michaels. Gordon hasnt been at his best for quite a while now, and Stevie while not providing any real strike power, did a terrific job on hodges, and i mentioned it in my post game wrap.
    Yeah, he's has shown the same form he had before his reco. Hopefully we see the pre reco flash back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    What are you on about?
    A bigger issue than having a winger on the bench is allowing Kelly to play a few days after being in crutches.

KickittoGordon knows what Im on about, Zilly into the halves...
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2gordon View Post
    Zillman to 5/8
    Mead to F/B
    Don to Wing

Is that what you're saying teke?
    It could be the only reason of naming a winger on the bench although the team on paper doesnt mean thats what will run out on game day
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I really dont want to see Zillman at 5/8, not this Sunday, not ever.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gee, you go away for a day and things happen.

On Taylor; stiff bickies, nobody is above the law, no matter what he did if the management made a decision then that'll do me.
    On Michaels; I am his greatest critic but as mentioned by many he has performed admirably this season, however, I think that's because we put so much pressure on him ... with that in mind: WTF Michaels, no, no, no, no no.
    On Kelly; surely nobody could be so stupid to play him injured ... Sandow would have a field day.
    On Sezer; he should never have kicking practice again ... ever.
    On Zillman; if he plays 5/8 Hayne will have a field day running straight past him.
    On Don; good luck matey, you've earned your chance.
    On Henry; he must be doing something right (can kick goals for example) to keep Rankin out.
    On O'Dwyer; this is the selection that really cheeses me off. He was crap last start and is keeping someone younger out.
    On Minichiello; whatever.
    On a reshuffle; how could we have expected anything more?
    Last edited by Titanic; 10-04-13 at 09:15 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I really dont want to see Zillman at 5/8, not this Sunday, not ever.
    Scratch me up as being another one of this opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    On Taylor; stiff bickies, nobody is above the law, no matter what he did if the management made a decision then that'll do me.
    With what's been revealed since this news first broke. It is a commendable decision by the Club.

On Michaels; I am his greatest critic but as mentioned by many he has performed admirably this season, however, I think that's because we put so much pressure on him ... with that in mind: WTF Michaels, no, no, no, no no.
    Indeed, Micheals last couple of outings have been impressive. Though the thought of him choking again is still imbedded in my failing memory, it seems it's only a matter of time. I'd love for him to prove me wrong though.

All things considered, he probably does deserve to be named in the team this week.

On Kelly; surely nobody could be so stupid to play him injured ... Sandow would have a field day.
    Maybe the Club is working on the theory that last weeks injury wasn't enough, and they'll be shooting for a season ending injury this week? It appears nothing has learnt from our last outing.. EDIT: That may not be entirely correct after seeing the team for this week. At least they're resting Matty Srama.
    Last edited by Toads; 10-04-13 at 09:47 AM.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Half a chance is all Henry needs
    Adam Santarossa
    Wednesday 10 April 2013 2:48 PM

iSelect Titans half Beau Henry says he will play his own game, rather than try to fill the shoes of injured Titans Aidan Sezer, when he makes a return to the NRL against the Eels on Sunday.
    Henry has had a long wait to return to first grade and has been performing solidly in the Queensland Cup for the Tweed Seagulls, and thanked his Tweed teammates for their support during his time away from the NRL.
    The 23-year-old says he is looking forward to forming a combination with Albert Kelly and will do whatever is required to ensure a Titans victory come Sunday.
    #itaintweaktospeak

In the spirit of getting behind Beau, give this a watch

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S0XyKsLHPZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anthony Don earns Titans breakthrough
    Travis Meyn | 02:11pm April 10, 2013

FORMER Grafton flyer Anthony Don will make his NRL debut while forgotten five-eighth Beau Henry will come out of the wilderness for the depleted Titans against Parramatta on Sunday.

Don, 25, has earned a spot on the bench while former under-20s player of the year Henry will wear No.6 with Aidan Sezer still suffering from a hamstring strain.

The Titans have been smashed by injuries and suspensions with star forward Dave Taylor stood down for two weeks for disciplinary reasons.

Hooker Matt Srama (shoulder), centre Brad Takairangi (hamstring) and back-rower Ben Ridge (pectoral) are also out while halfback Albert Kelly (knee) is under a cloud.

Foundation forwards Luke O'Dwyer and Mark Minichiello have earned recalls from Tweed Heads but it is the weakest team the Titans have fielded this year.

Titans coach John Cartwright said Don was a prime example of a player who had never given up hope of cracking the big time. "He's pretty much a local guy who cut his teeth in Grafton and came through the back door," he said.

"He hasn't been part of a school system or junior rep program.

"He got a chance with Burleigh, did an off-season with us, trained very hard and impressed everyone.

"His form at Burleigh has said he deserved a chance. It's always exciting and it's a great feel-good story.

"Sometimes we pay too much attention to schoolboy and junior systems when there's guys like Anthony out there."

Henry has beaten Jordan Rankin to Sezer's jersey but Rankin has been placed on standby for Kelly.

It will be Henry's first NRL game since round 23 of 2011 and Cartwright said the 23-year-old's kicking game earned him the nod.

"He was very good for Seagulls last week," he said.

"His kicking game is generally very good and I feel that was one area last week where it didn't help us win the game.

"Beau comes in and hopefully that will ease the pressure on Albert.

"Jordan Rankin will train in that spot for the rest of the week and we'll make a decision on Albert on Saturday."

Don has been named on the bench but it's possible Cartwright will shift William Zillman to the halves, David Mead to fullback and put Don on the wing.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Ouch 51 seconds.

Very excited to see Don called in and the circumstances where he clawed his way to the NRL.

How much we gonna smoke the eels by?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    In the spirit of getting behind Beau, give this a watch

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S0XyKsLHPZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    haha I'm confident now !!
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]