Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Nah man that was henry
    Was zilly mate

Quote Originally Posted by david may View Post
    Was zilly mate
    Yes yes clarified and apologized in an earlier post

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    I understand but the defence opened up for Kelly to kick to Don. As soon as he kicked it i thought 'try' because i saw Don free on the right side of the field. And then Eels clutched onto it in desperation. Kelly has been very important for us and i'm glad we have him in our team.
    yeah it was on, just the execution was not perfect.

he gave it the side rolling grubber and it slowed down as soon as it hit the turf. if he punched it a tad harder end on end it would have got by the defender before it slowed down for Don or even Mead

even a real cute chip and Don had heaps of space.

i was frustrated when i saw it, but also knowin the back of my mind that once he gets his range, he is going to be pretty special.

is he our leading try scorer also? love the trade mark hop and fist pump.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Funny stat of the night... Zillman leads the NRL in line breaks with 7...

Who'd have thunk it? Nice job zill
    I'm not surprised at all.
    Zillman has been playing strong and cops negative comments from certain forum members, even when playing well.

I don't read stats but I did see him make two line breaks against Parra
    1 try assist
    Impressively drew 2 penalties from kick returns
    Made another strong kick return and was backed up by a good run from Idris.

He's not a ball player but Carty still uses him in the tail with his block work.
    Kelly has the strongest skill set for this play and isn't used.

Mini had a blinder and my man of the match.
    James played strong again...I wished our forwards would back him up when he was confronted with the Parra pack.
    I don't think Myles was on then..

Odwyer and Michael's just aren't up to this level of football.

Kelly desperately needs to work on his defensive structure...he comes in on the leading decoy every time...any other side would have flogged us.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    The commies were flipping on Kelly when he put in that grubber on the 3rd tackle for Don. I actually thought it was the right option because Don was free and would have easily scored but i think Loko made a really nice grab at it.
    Yeah...it was nearly a try...a try on the 3rd scores they same amount of points as a try on the 5th.

Carty has never provided a decent attacking structure for his halves and Kelly needs to play what in front of him because he wont get many opportunities in the game.

Carty really needs to work on some attacking moves when receiving a penalty attacking the oppositions line...we're pathetic in this area.
    I see under 14 teams with better plays then what we are dishing out.

I watched the game twice and the more I think about it the angrier I get. I thought that Henry played really well to the point that he seemed seamless. Which then to what I got angry about. WHY WAS HE NOT PLAYING AGAINST THE BRONCOS? In typical Carty fashion make unnessacery changes to replace 1 player. Carty showed then the lack of Respect for the Broncos by playing Bird in the 5/8 spot. Carty has to go. Henry I thought was very composed and took control when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    I watched the game twice and the more I think about it the angrier I get. I thought that Henry played really well to the point that he seemed seamless. Which then to what I got angry about. WHY WAS HE NOT PLAYING AGAINST THE BRONCOS? In typical Carty fashion make unnessacery changes to replace 1 player. Carty showed then the lack of Respect for the Broncos by playing Bird in the 5/8 spot. Carty has to go. Henry I thought was very composed and took control when needed.
    Yeah I know what u mean. Same with Irwin.

Why play a lock with no hooker experience when there's a kid ( a damn good one) waiting to be blooded.

If we started Irwin , left harro idris and mead in there positions then I don't think we have that slump mid game.

We finally get a look at our understudies... And they killed it. gives me a lot of faith in our depth.

Let's hope Hunt gets a look in soon.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Let's hope Hunt gets a look in soon.
    Karmichael??...geez louise Titanic get back in the game..

Yep...............after 10:00 PM

Ah Shamus ... the ole KHunt would look good in our #1 but I wouldn't mind seeing the new HHunt having a gallop at some stage.

I missed that comment about the our forward pack not backing James up ... I thought at the time now we'll see Lussick and Allgood get squared-up and it may be the modern fashion to shrug it off but it was right there where Parra got into the match. I was intrigued by that and then watched Bailey burr-up over the lack of intensity later in the game and I wonder if we have lost sight of what it means to be a dominant forward pack?

It's all very good to have the smart plays and go forward but for a forward pack to dominate they need aggression ... James, Bailey and Bird have it, Minchiello has it ... the Broncos and Parra had it at times.
    Last edited by Titanic; 16-04-13 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I missed that comment about the our forward pack not backing James up ... I thought at the time now we'll see Lussick and Allgood get squared-up and it may be the modern fashion to shrug it off but it was right there where Parra got into the match. I was intrigued by that and then watched Bailey burr-up over the lack of intensity later in the game and I wonder if we have lost sight of what it means to be a dominant forward pack?

It's all very good to have the smart plays and go forward but for a forward pack to dominate they need aggression ... James, Bailey and Bird have it, Minchiello has it ... the Broncos and Parra had it at times.
    I was referring to the pushing and shoving on Ryan...the camera didn't show any other Titan around.
    Team mates don't have to go in swinging but they should still show their presence, backing up a ream member....I know Myles would have...maybe he was off the field at the time.

That's what meant ... our blokes just shrugged it off and then seemed to allow the Parra forwards to stick it to us ... which they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Yeah...it was nearly a try...a try on the 3rd scores they same amount of points as a try on the 5th.
    But the thing is we dont know we would've scored on the fifth. On the third Kelly saw an opportunity to score and gave a crack at it. Unfortunately it didn't come off.

One thing about Kelly is that he gets involved and doesn't go missing during games. He even sometimes comes around the ruck area which is good to see. Its something different and something fresh compared to Prince's time as Prince would expect the ball to come to him, not take the line on and in a lot of matches he would go missing in attack.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Hope he is alright

Titans fan stranded in swamp for two nights

A Gold Coast rugby league fan has been stranded in a swamp for two nights after trying to take a short cut home after the Titans game at Robina on Sunday afternoon.

The 41-year-old man?s cries for help were finally heard in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

Police found the league enthusiast stranded in the swamp about 2.45am.

Baffled officers waded into the water and carried the man to dry land.

He told his rescuers he became stranded after trying to take a short cut home from Skilled Park at Robina on Sunday evening, after the Titans? 28-22 win over the Parramatta Eels.

The man was taken to Robina Hospital where he was treated for exposure and minor cuts.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...#ixzz2Qa2ruWPA
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year