Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Replay is on now on fox 1 if anyone wants to watch it again
    Watching it now mate. Loving it! Those two early tries from Parra were top class.

I'm so tired. But had the best night at the footy. Loved the chills and thrills. Loved being with so many friends.

Was highly impressed. We could have capitulated. But we stood up. Turned it around. The crowd was passionate and loud. For both teams. Well done to the Titans faithful who got behind our team and helped them get over the line.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Watching it now mate. Loving it! Those two early tries from Parra were top class.

I'm so tired. But had the best night at the footy. Loved the chills and thrills. Loved being with so many friends.

Was highly impressed. We could have capitulated. But we stood up. Turned it around. The crowd was passionate and loud. For both teams. Well done to the Titans faithful who got behind our team and helped them get over the line.
    Sounds like it was fun, i couldn't make it tonight as i was at work and still am here. Stood out on the balcony on the Foxtel building and could hear the crowd. Awesome
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

love kelly. things seem to happen around him just like presto...
    but jeez the titans home jersey is bad enough, but when i see micheals in it i just hate it! even the commentators were saying he isnt a centre and has bad reads.
    is Douglas getting a assist for that last try? great kick :P

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Great player ... just can't catch, tackle or pass consistently.
    Didn't he throw the long pass for Don's try? I recon you're a bit hard on him

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Nah man that was henry

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I will comment tomorrow (or the next day) when I am sober...but geez, you blokes, really quick to bag the crap out of a makeshift side. Read back through your posts and read what you have all said and then what you say now with your suple wordings. (I am pi$$ed, was I correct with suple??)

Don't care.....Had Don for $5 @$17 for first try scorer...Who is a winner then? $85 +Titans win.............I am!
    I'm rapped we came away with the win, but a makeshift team or not the first 60 mins is some of the worst football you'll ever watch. It's lucky the opposition was Parra. The bagging was warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Nah man that was henry
    No it was Zilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    No it was Zilly.
    You're right, sorry.

Can't blame me for thinking otherwise though, given his regular passing game

THEY have been heralded as two of the gutsiest performances in Gold Coast Titans history a debutant playing with a broken heart and a makeshift centre pushing through a fractured jaw.

Titans winger Anthony Don last night took the field just days after the death of his best friend's eight-week old baby, lining up alongside manufactured centre David Mead who battled through a shattered jaw to help his team to a memorable 28-22 win over Parramatta at Skilled Park.

It was the equal biggest comeback in the Gold Coast's history as the depleted Titans rallied from 14 points down midway through the second half to score 20 unanswered points and record their fourth win of the year in front of 12,047 fans.

And while there were outstanding performances all over the park from a team missing six first-choice players, few showed the mental strength of the new-look right side pairing.

Don, the 25-year-old bush footy flyer who fought his way to an NRL debut and scored the first try of the game, will head to his home town Grafton this morning to provide support to his devastated childhood friend Codie Hearfield.

``I was stoked when I got it. I was trying to make a rocking the cradle symbol for my friend whose baby passed away during the week but I couldn't even get that out,'' he said.

``He's one of my best mates. His little boy, Nash, died on Friday.

``His heart stopped working. He was in Brisbane in intensive care for five weeks after he was born. They moved back to Grafton thinking he was stable but he passed away.

``The funeral is in the morning (today). It was definitely sad.

``I couldn't go back and be with him over the weekend because I had to prepare for the game. I would have gone back to Grafton (if I wasn't playing NRL).''

Mead was just as gallant in the win.

The 24-year-old speedster shifted to the centres as the Titans battled an injury crisis and performed admirably, shutting down 107kg wrecking ball Jacob Loko in a 17-tackle outing.

He suffered the injury with about 10 minutes to go in the game and had surgery at Pindarra Hospital last night. He is expected to miss at least a month of football.

``It was extremely gutsy. I was playing outside him and he didn't say anything to me,'' Don said of Mead.

``It might have been because his jaw was broken and he couldn't get the words out.

``To not even mention it or signal it was broken, I wouldn't have ever guessed it. That shows how tough he is and what a good player he is.

``Meady contained Jacob Loko really well and he's a man mountain. Meady's half his size and played all over him.''

Titans coach John Cartwright was full of praise for his side, led by a superb Greg Bird and organised fluently by stand-in pivot Beau Henry, playing his first NRL game since 2011.

``I didn't think we were playing that bad in the first half. They racked up 16 points but I didn't think we were doing too much wrong,'' he said.

``It's been a long time since we've won a game in that vein.

``If you don't give up, remain composed and keep believing, you tend to get results like that.''

Parramatta landed first points thanks to a dubious penalty but Don kicked off a memorable debut when he crossed untouched.

It didn't take long for the Eels to hit back with Reni Maitua brushing aside Albert Kelly to put Jarryd Hayne between the posts before Ryan Morgan ran a nice line through some poor defence to give the visitors a handy half-time lead.

A leaping Hayne stretched Parramatta's buffer early in the second half but the Titans kept themselves in the contest when Harrison barged over and scores were level when Minichiello ran another slick line.

Kelly then snatched the match-winner when a towering bomb of his deflected off Luke Douglas's leg back in to his hands, leaving the Eels stunned and Skilled Park in raptures.

Co-captains Bird and Nate Myles are on Test duties this week while Ryan James and Jamal Idris have earned Country call-ups.

Titans next face Newcastle to come after the bye. Aidan Sezer and centre Brad Takairangi are set to return from hamstring strains while hookers Beau Falloon (appendix) and Matt Srama (shoulder) should also be fit.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Carty really needs to think about Kevin Gordon being in the team because at this moment i'd rate Don better than Flash. Flash has been very dissapointing.

The commies were flipping on Kelly when he put in that grubber on the 3rd tackle for Don. I actually thought it was the right option because Don was free and would have easily scored but i think Loko made a really nice grab at it.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Bit hard on him? He leads out our team in errors.. With 10 for the year. Alberts our next worse, but gee he gives us ALOT more then zillman

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    Carty really needs to think about Kevin Gordon being in the team because at this moment i'd rate Don better than Flash. Flash has been very dissapointing.

The commies were flipping on Kelly when he put in that grubber on the 3rd tackle for Don. I actually thought it was the right option because Don was free and would have easily scored but i think Loko made a really nice grab at it.
    I agree & would've dropped him for the next match but Meads broken jaw has probably saved him from playing Q cup , for now
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post

It wasn't just the commies. I went off as well - ahead by 6, with four minutes to go, 3rd tackle and getting into field goal territory........and he kicks it. Not to mention that when you are in front in a tight game you keep the ball as long as possible.
    All that said, that is why we all like Kelly. He brings that bit of unpredictability to the team, and I just have to accept that is part of his game. A bit like Presto, the good always outweighed the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I agree & would've dropped him for the next match but Meads broken jaw has probably saved him from playing Q cup , for now
    On top of that Steve Michaels should only be considered as a winger. I hate seeing him in the centres.

Just wondering when was the last time Carty dropped someone from the team purely based on poor form? (excluding Rankin last year as Carty was trying to find a five eighth for Prince)

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    It wasn't just the commies. I went off as well - ahead by 6, with four minutes to go, 3rd tackle and getting into field goal territory........and he kicks it. Not to mention that when you are in front in a tight game you keep the ball as long as possible.
    All that said, that is why we all like Kelly. He brings that bit of unpredictability to the team, and I just have to accept that is part of his game. A bit like Presto, the good always outweighed the bad.
    I understand but the defence opened up for Kelly to kick to Don. As soon as he kicked it i thought 'try' because i saw Don free on the right side of the field. And then Eels clutched onto it in desperation. Kelly has been very important for us and i'm glad we have him in our team.