Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

LOl Just watched the Presser , Poor ricky, he will get fined for that wont he?

Thoughts on the penaltys given?

He is right tho some teams seem to get away with more, like the Broncos i swear they pay the refs off , they get away with so much slowing the play down it isnt funny bunch of ****s they are
    Last edited by Smakked; 14-04-13 at 10:21 PM.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2gordon View Post
    Has anyone seen Ricky's press conference? Poor bloke... He has lost the plot!!

I thought we were shocking for 60+ mins.
    Usual suspects too...

But a win is win and i'll take it!

I'd love to see Russell and or hymel hunt come in for next game - tonight proves we can afford to take a few risks in that department
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Stuart lost the plot.
    What did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    LOl Just watched the Presser , Poor ricky, he will get fined for that wont he?

Thoughts on the penaltys given?

He is right tho some teams seem to get away with more, like the Broncos i swear they pay the refs off , they get away with so much slowing the play down it isnt funny bunch of ****s they are
    Yeah he knew walking in he was gonna be coughing up 10k, so I think he just thought might as well get his money's worth and just unloaded.

Not sure how correct he is. They seemed to be effing around in the ruck alot and deserved to get penalized.

He might if thought the mannah - Henry collision penalty was harsh, but Nate Myles got penalized for a softer one in first half.

Wow just got home. Had to hang around like a little kid to congratulate Irwin, Henry and mini in great debuts / comebacks.

Haven't seen stats or watched replay but harro was miles from our best. He was the one I was disappointed in. Killing the ball when we are attacking and making errors...but I feel sorry for him that he got shunted to hooker.

Irwin great debut and Don was decent.

Kelly is a crazy little dude, I love him and beau has a super boot.

Was proud of Mini for his effort and comeback.

Zillmans first 20 minutes were really good. Then he dropped back to normal zillman.

Odwyer was a bit of a mess tonight, but poor guy looks like a bullet took a chunk of his lip off.

Idris is a centre. Leave him there.

Mead had just an average first game in a new position. It happens. We all know he's still a star.

All in all, we were very patchy in parts, but it was the old heads causing issues, our new guys and returning players did well and leaves me more comfortable with our depth moving forwards.

4-2 with a rest next week is so much more comfortable than 3-3 and in a pack of average teams like raiders and parra.

It was a super fun night too at the footy.
    Just got home myself and you have given a good summary I reckon DB. You let Gordon off easily as he was poor again and gave away a try from a simple dropped kick. As some others have said, Mead was pretty poor as centre but as he broke his jaw early I think we need to forget his effort.
    I thought the team went much better with Irwin on there and I thought he played great.
    To Kickitto Gordon who is pushing for Hunt or Russell to come in..you must be kidding. Yet again tonight the Under 20's were hopeless and none of them should be allowed anywhere near NRL games.
    Overall lucky to win but 4-2 and with most of the players back when we next play, things are going ok.

I thought we got the rub tonight but that will even itself out over the next few games. Stuart just believes his press ... he has never ever ever ever been a good sport. Olympic Class dummy spit candidate.

I am refraining from bagging Gordon because that drop was one of those once in a career events but Harrison as MoM, you're kidding ... he was at best ordinary and at times atrocious.
    Last edited by Titanic; 14-04-13 at 10:39 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I thought we got the rub tonight but that will even itself out over the next few games. Stuart just believes his press ... he has never ever ever ever been a good sport. Olympic Class dummy spit candidate.
    Well Ricky inherited a class team at the Roosters and won a comp. After that they slid and he was punted. Then to Cronulla where he didn't see out his contract and since he left they have gradually improved (perhaps with the assistance of a few peptides etc). Now to Parra where just about every player they have chased have knocked them back. Not to mention his success with the NSW Origin team.
    Yes we did get the rub tonight with a 12-4 penalty count but about time.

Funny stat of the night... Zillman leads the NRL in line breaks with 7...

Who'd have thunk it? Nice job zill

Who'd have thunk it? Nice job zill
    Great player ... just can't catch, tackle or pass consistently.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Here's the printed version of the press conference

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...414-2hu3w.html
    #itaintweaktospeak

Titans score comeback victory over Eels
    Mitchell Olivey
    Sunday 14 April 2013 9:29 PM

A spirited second half fightback has helped guide the iSelect Gold Coast Titans to a 28-22 win over the Parramatta Eels at Skilled Park tonight.

In front of a crowd of 12,027, the Titans took an early 8-2 lead before a poor 20 minute stanza saw the side squander their advantage and go into the final 30 minutes of the match trailing 22-8.

But the Titans recomposed, scoring 14 unanswered points to tie the game up at 22-all going into the final ten minutes.

With the game hanging in the balance, an Albert Kelly bomb caught a knick off Luke Douglas? boot before bouncing up nicely back to Kelly to score under the posts and give the Titans the 28-22 win.

The win was equal to the club's biggest ever come-from-behind wins, equallying the Titans previous 14-point turnarounds against the Wests Tigers (2011) and Newcastle Knights (2009).

The win carried even more significance given it was achieved under difficult circumstances in the absence of six regular first graders and with players forced to play out of position.

iSelect Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright said he was pleased with his side?s composure to get back into the match.

?I didn?t think we were playing that bad in the first half, it was a funny game, it was just a missed tackle and a misread and they scored two tries and got the penalty goal, so they racked up 16 points, but I didn?t think we were doing too much wrong,? Cartwright said.

?They were 14 out of 14 (completions) up until the last minute of the first-half, whatever we got out of the first half they made us work really hard.

?It?s been a long time since we?ve won a game in that vein. If you don?t give up, you remain composed and you keep believing, you tend to get results like that.?
    Cartwright said the result was also a credit to the versatility of his team, with a lot of players playing out of position.

?You train as a side especially early in the season, you mix up your roles with your players and they?ve all had a lot of time of the training field, but it?s totally different when you get out there under pressure,'' he said.

?Beau Henry?s having his first game for a long time, Ash Harrison was playing hooker, Sam Irwin making his debut, to be able to go out there and perform under pressure it?s a pretty tough thing to do.?

iSelect Titans co-captain Nate Myles said it was the simple things which got his side back into the match.

?Holding the ball helped us a bit, completing our sets, just going through the middle,? Myles said.

?They had some big boys and getting some quick play the balls, and it was hurting us.?

After conceding an early penalty-goal, some enterprising play put the Titans on attack and they took full advantage when a lovely William Zillman cut-out pass found Anthony Don to score on debut and give the Titans a slim 6-2 lead after 15 minutes of play.

Just minutes later, a penalty in close range gifted the Titans the opportunity to shoot further ahead and with Henry adding the extras the Titans lead 8-2.

With the momentum swinging in their favour the Eels piled on the points through converted tries to Jarryd Hayne and Ryan Morgan, and with a Chris Sandow penalty-goal thrown in the mix, the Eels took a 16-8 half-time lead.

The Titans error-count began to rise after the half-time break, and the Eels made them pay when Hayne reeled in a massive Luke Kelly bomb to score his second of the night and extend his side?s lead to 22-8 with 30 minutes remaining.

After composing and getting back into their rhythm, the Titans reaped the rewards after Ashley Harrison barged his way across the line to reel the Eels lead back to 22-14 with just over 20 minutes remaining.

The Titans were handed a penalty directly in-front and Henry again stepped up to plot the goal to reduce the deficit back to within a converted try.

The Titans comeback was well and truly under-way when a lovely Kelly pass found utility forward Mark Minichiello who scored adjacent to the posts to give Henry a kick to tie the game up at 22-all with ten minutes remaining.

With the possession swinging in their favour the Titans took full advantage when a Kelly bomb managed to find Douglas? foot before skewing off nicely to be scooped up by Kelly, to score untouched under the posts to give the Titans the 28-22 win.

The win comes at a blow for the Titans with flying winger David Mead being added to the Titans injury list after suffering a suspected broken jaw late in the match.

The Titans will have next week off, before taking on the Newcastle Knights at Skilled Park in a fortnight.

Gold Coast Titans 28 (A Don, A Harrison, M Minichiello, A Kelly; B Henry 6 conversions) defeated Parramatta Eels 22(J Hayne 2, R Morgan; C Sandow 5 conversions)
    #itaintweaktospeak

another couple of notes.

crowd was decent for an odd timeslot...and gee whiz, we are getting louder.

the cheers and boos are getting more bite and venom, and the team would be loving it.

Ricky has always got an excuse, tonight it is the penalty count, next week it will be something else he is an angry little bloke

He would have bagged the refs even if they did win with the penalty count
    Look at the one sided refs against us whilst playing Brisbane it happens to all teams, Melbourne are so drilled they rarely give away penalties or they are axed from the side until they learn some disipline

A win is a win and well done to the boys great effort in the end

Replay is on now on fox 1 if anyone wants to watch it again
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Just watched the press conference I did feel a bit sorry for Stuart
    He is right in saying the refs need to learn how to count or they should be in the under 20s

I will comment tomorrow (or the next day) when I am sober...but geez, you blokes, really quick to bag the crap out of a makeshift side. Read back through your posts and read what you have all said and then what you say now with your suple wordings. (I am pi$$ed, was I correct with suple??)

Don't care.....Had Don for $5 @$17 for first try scorer...Who is a winner then? $85 +Titans win.............I am!