Default Manly's Fa'aoso facing four week ban

RSS
    Andrew Bryan NRL.com Mon, Mar 25, 2013 - 1:40 PM

Manly?s Richard Fa?aoso is facing up to four weeks on the sideline after he was one of four players charged by the NRL match review committee on Monday.

The Sea Eagles forward was issued with a grade three dangerous contact charge for his challenge on Titan Ashley Harrison in the 35th minute of Manly?s 16-14 loss to the Gold Coast.

Fa?aoso will miss three weeks with an early plea or four weeks if he fights the charge at the NRL judiciary and loses.

Manly?s Brent Kite, Brisbane?s Matt Gillett and Cronulla?s Ben Ross were also charged by the NRL match review committee.

Kite was charged with grade one dangerous contact - unnecessary head/neck pressure on Gold Coast forward Nate Myles in the 10th minute. Kite will escape suspension with an early plea, but could miss a week if he disputes the charge at the judiciary and loses.

Sharks forward Ben Ross was charged with grade one dangerous contact ? raised knee, in the 21st minute of his side?s 28-4 victory over the Warriors. Ross will avoid suspension with an early plea, but could face a one-match ban if he fights the charge at the NRL judiciary and loses.

Broncos utility Matt Gillett was also charged by the NRL match review committee, but will not miss any matches. Gillett was cited for a grade one careless high tackle on Roosters five-eighth James Maloney in the 21st minute of Brisbane?s 8-0 loss.

All players will have until 12pm Tuesday to enter a plea.
    #itaintweaktospeak

I think 4 weeks is about as bad a suspension i'd ever want to see for a shoulder charge, if Harro wasn't knocked out i think he gets 1 week but Richie is a serial offender so that may have something to do with it..
    #itaintweaktospeak

unlucky...
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I think 4 weeks is about as bad a suspension i'd ever want to see for a shoulder charge, if Harro wasn't knocked out i think he gets 1 week but Richie is a serial offender so that may have something to do with it..
    It wasn't just a shoulder charge...it was late and connected the head.