Thread: ALPocalypse

Default ALPocalypse

I know it's a few days past topical, but I wanted to see if our resident Kevin '07/Kevin 11 fanboi had anything to say prior, during or after the bizarre events of the past few days from within the crazy world that is the ALP.

Anyone else?

I'll just say that the ALP is basically paving the way for Abbott and the Libs.

If it happened in sport it would be a scandal, all betting would be frozen, there would be several inquiries, several probes into match fixing and mandatory drug testing for performance-stupyfying drugs.

And all the "match-fixing" players in the ALP team would be asked to either take the next 6 months voluntarily on the backbench on full pay, or risk the next (insert large number here) years in opposition wasteland....

Disgraceful the whole lot of them.

These idiots are being paid by us to serve, not this garbage. We should as a nation clean the whole lot out and start again with fresh people, take this country back IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Disgraceful the whole lot of them.

These idiots are being paid by us to serve, not this garbage. We should as a nation clean the whole lot out and start again with fresh people, take this country back IMO
    Bob Katter is onto it. And f$@# the fruit bats if they don't like it!

**edit** ps, I mean the actual fruit bats, no pun or other innuendo intended.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 23-03-13 at 10:43 AM. Reason: ps.

Was initially shocked to learn that Kev didn't go for it. but in retrospect, I'm kinda glad he did what he did. Because the way I view it, Rudd has basically handed Gillard her own sword to fall on. She will be dislodged by her own accord..

It's a shame our first Female Prime Minister was such a shocker..
    Last edited by Toads; 23-03-13 at 04:05 PM.

Im bittering disappointed. Obvious I believe Rudd should never have been rolled by the shady and jealous elements of the Labor Party. Sitting on a newspoll of 52-48 and they knife him. There was even SA polling showing that he was rebounding and the swing against him was only 0.5%. But this was only one poll in series and someone from the ALP cancelled the polling and buried the results as not to distract from the conspiracy's narrative.

The ETS is what shattered Kevin's armour and it was Swan and Gillard who went rogue in the Cabinet and told Kevin that they would not back it as an Election prospect. That means not a Double Dissolution or Election 2010. One of the main gripes about Kevin Rudd was how he backflipped on the ETS and didnt go to a DD. We can now see why.

Anyway, this schmozzle wasn't Kevin's doing. Sure there was a growing campaign, but this wasn't us. We had growing numbers and we had secured 47 votes out of a Caucus of 102. This was without Kevin campaigning or phoning anyone. Or doing public speeches.

The instigators of Thursday's circus was Simon Crean who I largely blame. And then there was Joel Fitzgibbon (Who I think is a legend) and Richard Marles. These three (Marles was a Rudd friend but supported Gillard in 2012) all voted against Rudd last year.

None of Rudd's key allies were deployed. Last year we saw Kevin himself shoot from the hip and give speeches and walks in the Queens St Mall, as well as Bowen, Cameron, Carr, Husic, Champion, Cheeseman, Albo, Ferguson and more all out there advocating for change.

This time, none of that.

What Kevin needed to challenge was a very big Majority. It wasn't there, even if he campaigned and won. It'd be something like a win with 56 votes. (My estimation) He would inherit a divided Labor.

Now Crean waltzes in and starts talking to the PM and basically telling her and Swan that Rudd forces were marshalling. He had two meetings with Kevin. Crean said he could bring numbers, Kevin wanted these people to walk into his office and look him in the eye. None came. Crean also wanted to be DPM, Kevin couldnt abide. Traditionally Labor Leaderships are Leader= Right and Deputy = Left. Kevin wanted Albanese as his DPM.

Despite this Crean went out and burnt Labor's house down. He publicly put his name in for DPM and pulled the trigger without bringing numbers or talking to Kevin for two days.

Kevin sent him a text the morning saying, that he understands he talked to PM, if Leaership was mentioned, please talk to him before before saying anything publicly. Kevin also said in the text, that his position on Leadership and terms remains unchanged.

Crean ignored it all and well... you know the result.

Gillard, typically called an immeditate Spill. And between this we had Question Time., offering no time for MPs to talk to each other, present the case for change and rally numbers. She did this because every hour that ticked by was to her disadvantage. I consider it grossly undemocratic. And such a decision for such a critical change in Labor deserve alot more than being rail roaded.

Im disappointed that Caucus didnt get the 34 signatures needed to delay the spill and make it early next week. That is what Id have been trying to do if I was an MP.

So if Kevin did challenge, he could have won. But he'd have broken his word and would have gotten an ALP in disunity. But the worst result for Labor would be a small loss for Kevin, because it would mortally wound Gillard.

Anyway... I'm furious and disappointed. But the fight will continue, with or without Rudd. We will put the flame thrower on all these parasites in the party and tear down the toxic undemocratic institutions.

You heard the term "drawing a line in the sand" alot over the last couple of days.

Canberra is a place of code. Sure this on the surface means Rudd v Gillard, but to me it means that Rudd is washing his hands of this period and the responsiblity for the disgraceful impending Election results are hers exclusively.

Ill be focusing on supporting Kevin and those who sided with him, so they keep their seats.

What can you say about politics? Nothing is promised.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 24-03-13 at 12:30 AM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Thanks for the opportunity to speak politics. I know it isnt a good way at all to put people into groups.

If I was to assemble my all star team to journey to hell and fight evil, half of it would comprise non Labor voters.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Did Diehard dress Ruddy for his special day today?

You guys had better be nice to me from now on!

I'm so happy, I never gave up on Kevin and have spent 3 years fighting for him and building an army. I have built up a social media empire of Ruddites of over 25,000.

I think now with a Rudd Labor, no matter if you are a Lab or Lib or other voter, Australia is going to have a contest of ideas and policies. And at worst Labor will save plenty of seats and Tony will have to compete on policy and make promises. Also Labor will reform and the Factions and Union dominance will be cut down. Of course I believe we can win.

I hadn't realised that your banner was a picture of "the valley" ... nice touch ... I wonder how many know the expression "2 to the valley"?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Bouncing back in the major polls now. But that isn't enough. Winning isn't enough either. Labor must fundamentally evolve and form a plan and vision for government.