Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

This may be the only game I can see live this year. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    This may be the only game I can see live this year. Looking forward to it.
    Hope we get the win for you mate, sad you cant get to any more but glad you will be there for a game.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

as a fair few of you know i play soccer haha so this means i miss a fair few of the titans matches sadly im playing at the same time i really wanted to watch this game p.s ive never sat in the legion - is it possible to sit in it for like a single match ?

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

In the event of a Titans win today...are we going to hear the new Titans Victory Song?

Watmough in ominous NRL touch: Myles

RSS
    Wayne Heming AAP Fri, Mar 22, 2013 - 5:13 PM

Gold Coast co-captain Nate Myles has played enough State of Origin games against Manly back-rower Anthony Watmough to know when he is at his rampaging best.

So when Queensland's Origin player of the 2012 series warns Watmough is in cracking form so early in the season, it's a clear message to his teammates ahead of Saturday's NRL clash at Skilled Park.

Both sides flexed their attacking and defensive muscles with big wins last weekend, the Titans keeping a very ordinary Canberra scoreless for 80 minutes while Manly kept their tryline intact against Newcastle.

"Chocky (Anthony) Watmough is in some of the best form he's ever played," said Myles, one of the Titans who will be responsible for stopping the tearaway back-rower who scored a spectacular 60-metre try against Newcastle last week.

Manly might not have the heavy hitters, with Jason King and No.1 back-rower Glenn Stewart still on the injured list, and George Rose in reserve grade.

But Myles knows from locking horns with Watmough in Origin battles just how he can split a game open.

So does Titans co-captain Greg Bird, another enforcer who will share the defensive responsibilities with Myles.

Bird conceded his side's record 36-0 win over Canberra last weekend was aided by some poor Raiders' form.

"I don't know if they (Canberra) were rubbish but we can't get too excited about scoring 30 points because we know this week will be a lot different," he said.

"Manly are always tough. They'll be a little different without big (Jason) King in the middle."

Bird said former Titans forward Brenton Lawrence, named in Manly's front-row, would fire up against his old club.

"Everyone up here knows how good he can play when he wants to play so I'm sure he'll be out for a big game," said Bird.

"He's a good player and he's probably been one of their best players, stats wise, in their two wins so far."

Meanwhile, rejuvenated young halfback Albert Kelly's battle with Manly No.7 Daly Cherry-Evans will play a big part in the outcome.

Kelly, who looked very sharp against a disappointing Raiders outfit, well get a better indication of his improvement up against Cherry-Evans, one of the classiest halves in the NRL.
    #itaintweaktospeak

It's wrong that two Bycroft Cup games are being played today in direct opposition to the Titans game. One advantage of the NRL setting fixed times for the first 20 rounds should have been to allow local leagues to schedule their games at other times.

I'm really looking forward to this match. This match to me determines if we can match the top teams (i.e. Storms, Bulldogs, Rabbitohs) on a consistent basis and get results. We need momentum early in the season and get wins now because our campaign will get much harder towards the end of the season.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Last played: Titans v Sea Eagles

RSS
    NRL.com Sat, Mar 23, 2013 - 9:30 AM

Manly overcame a slow start and a sluggish finish to secure a 24-16 win at Skilled Park and secure their spot in the top four in their final regular season game of 2012.

Trailing 4-0 having barely had the ball in the opening 15 minutes, the class of the Sea Eagles shone through as they raced to a commanding 18-4 halftime lead through a series of brilliant tries.

The first came from a Daly Cherry-Evans banana kick which bounced awkwardly in-goal and was pounced upon by Brett Stewart. Stewart was involved again when his flick pass found a flying Matt Ballin to score on the left edge, then a stunning try-saving tackle from Kieran Foran was followed by a try from the classy five-eighth as he swooped upon a Jamie Lyon in-field kick.

It looked like the Gold Coast was in for a long night when the Sea Eagles scored again through Jorge Taufua immediately after the break, but Manly relaxed and the Titans added some respectability to the scoreboard with Beau Falloon darting over from dummy-half and Kevin Gordon scoring in the corner to finish their season on some sort of high.

The Gold Coast surprisingly dominated possession with 55 per cent of the ball and ran for 1449 metres to Manly?s 1165 but failed to turn it into points.

The Sea Eagles? left side combination of Steve Matai and Jorge Taufua impressed, with Matai making 137 metres, seven tackle-breaks and a line-break and Taufua 140 metres, a try and a line-break.

Luke Douglas was superb for the home side with 187 metres and 23 tackles.
    #itaintweaktospeak

we will need to shut down DCE and Foran , somehow. They are playing really well. Hopefully out forwards can get a roll on.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Bailin is the key ... always under the radar but cut him off and they have nothing.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Heading down the Coast by train from Bray Park. It's gonna take 2h 20m. But it'll be worth it!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Heading down the Coast by train from Bray Park. It's gonna take 2h 20m. But it'll be worth it!
    I'm at Helensvale come pick me up
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I'm at Helensvale come pick me up
    U gonna come up the the NW members stand? Gonna head dow to the U/20's now, should be there around 3:30pm.

Another thing, this game will be about momentum. Srama has to play the full 80 IMO, because the Falloon change causes a lack of rythym IMO. Once the game evolves, changing key players in the middle of it could cause dramtic changes to the teams flow, as we saw in Sharks game and trials. This will be a pedal to the metal game, no downtime, no loss of focus. We need to stay sharp.

Anyway, does anyone know if it will be quarters, like last week????

See ya's all there!

Our U/20's side are embarrassing. 3/12 completed sets 27 minutes into the first half.

edit: Make that 3/14 lol.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 23-03-13 at 02:43 PM.

4/20 completions

10-0 to manly.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 23-03-13 at 02:57 PM.