Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Nothing a few bottles of calf blood won't fix
    Geezus

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Nothing a few bottles of calf blood won't fix
    If they run out of blood then I'm sure we could accommodate him with a jar of urine.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 20-03-13 at 07:37 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Titans v Sea Eagles - Tickets and Game Day Info

The Titans clash with the Sea Eagles this Saturday at Skilled Park.

Gates open at 2.10pm (AEST), with the NYC Under-20s kicking off at 2.15pm and NRL action starting at 4.30pm.

Click here for all your game day information including ticket prices and precinct activity.
    http://www.titans.com.au/tickets

Please note for tickets purchased at the box office at Skilled Park Stadium on game day, an additional $8.00 gate fee will apply to each ticket purchased. Purchase your tickets online today to save! More details and ticket prices can be found here.
    #itaintweaktospeak

If u take into account the $8 per ticket fee as a member we save an additional $96 per season
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    If u take into account the $8 per ticket fee as a member we save an additional $96 per season
    Membership for me and my daughter is $199... Saving 96 each is paying for membership...

Gate fee? You have got to be kidding. Per ticket? You have got to be kidding.

Saving as a Member when it comes to manufactured fees is meaningless to me.

$8 gate fee. Which other clubs do this?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Gate fee? You have got to be kidding. Per ticket? You have got to be kidding.

Saving as a Member when it comes to manufactured fees is meaningless to me.

$8 gate fee. Which other clubs do this?
    With PomPom-gate solved, we move on to Gate-fee-gate!!

I appreciate the Titans trying to push Memberships and asking people to save by buying online. But who is behind a $8 gate fee... Per ticket? Ticketek? Skilled Park? Get three tickets and it's an added tax of $24!

When I first saw this. I quickly thought "$8" "tickets" cool. They must be doing something like the old reciprocal away ticket deal they had in Sydney many years ago.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

It's gotta be Ticketek, they'd be about the only mob with the hide to pull that stunt. From memory, I think they were stinging punters $5.50 per sale last year (Booking Fee), but it didn't matter how many you brought (IIRC). But yeah, per ticket is a bit ****in' steep..

Sorta undone all the good work David May has been working on, trying to wrangle a better deal for the club with Stadiums Queensland..

I agree Toads. Im concerned how fans will react to that. Entry level fans that are either new/casuals or ones re-enlisting in the Titans Army. The ones we want, who will try before they buy. And the mass of event goers and casuals that are neccessary for a strong club.

It's so easy and attractive for people to stay at home and watch the footy. This is a barrier to participation.

I'd baulk at it, baulk damn hard.

I'll say no more. I'm turning into an old man...

"Back on my day...."
    "Dose pom poms dun look right to me...."

Yeah there should be an incentive to buy online, not a slug to the face if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    [B]
    Please note for tickets purchased at the box office at Skilled Park Stadium on game day, an additional $8.00 gate fee will apply to each ticket purchased. Purchase your tickets online today to save! More details and ticket prices can be found here.
    That's daylight robbery!

They were offering members "mates rates" for $10 for Canberra game AND Manly game, now they want to charge an extra $8 on top of the cost of a ticket! That is out of control!

Add this to a price increase on mid-strength beer and it feels like they are deliberately trying to stop people wanting to come to the footy on a whim.

Some people just decide to go to the footy as a spur-of-the-moment decision. Not everyone plans for an arvo at the footy a week in advance. This is bad. VERY, VERY BAD!!!
    :boo:

Former Titan returns as Sea Eagle

BRENTON Lawrence struggled to get a game when he was a Titan.

The 28-year-old frontrower made just 18 appearances in two seasons with the Gold Coast and has battled to establish a leading role because the Coast's front row stocks included representative players Nate Myles, Luke Bailey and Luke Douglas.

But the Titans may rue letting the Mackay product go, with Lawrence having emerged as a genuine force for Manly in the opening two rounds of this season.

Lawrence has been outstanding in his first two games wearing the Sea Eagles' No. 8, picking up more than 100m in each match and racking up double-figure hit-up and tackle counts.

His figures have bettered those of Titans warhorse Bailey, who has played similar minutes off the bench in his comeback from an achilles injury, as well as starting prop Douglas and bench forward Ryan James.

"For me, it's really just a matter of opportunity," Lawrence said.

"I think the more time you spend on the field, the better your stats will end up looking.

"I'm not too focused on stats. I like to look at them to make sure I'm doing my fair share of work but I wasn't getting too much time at the Titans, so your stats don't look like you're doing too much at all.

"As soon as you get 40-50 minutes in the game, you're making more tackles and running more metres."

Titans coach John Cartwright had his tongue planted only partly in his cheek when he hoped yesterday Lawrence did not star against the Titans at Skilled Park on Saturday.

"He's allowed a couple of bad games a year and hopefully that's against us," said Cartwright, admitting he had been pleased to see Lawrence prosper in Sydney.

"You can't be totally selfish (and keep every player), Brenton had a tremendous chance to go down for a three-year deal at Manly. We weren't in a position to offer that," Cartwright said.

"It was a no-brainer, it was a great opportunity for him and we couldn't match the offer that he was getting from Manly, so the best decision was made, I feel.

"He's a great fella and a great clubman and I look forward to seeing him after the game as well."

While there will be no favours on the field, Lawrence is likely to be among the first Sea Eagles into the Titans rooms after the match.

"There was never any bad air or anything. I still have a lot of respect for the Titans and we left on good terms, it was just about taking opportunities when they come and this has been a good one for me," he said.

"They're a different side this year and they've got a lot of good players and I'm really looking forward to going out there and not just playing 20 minutes off the bench but having a really good crack."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Some people just decide to go to the footy as a spur-of-the-moment decision. Not everyone plans for an arvo at the footy a week in advance. This is bad. VERY, VERY BAD!!!
    :boo:
    Mate. TOTALLY. And these people should be the target of our social media.

Put the idea there, make it easy for them to get the info. And hope we can snag a few thousands who roll up.

QLD Cup

$8 booking fee at the door?

Important not to price lower income casual attendees out of the market. Footy used to be an affordable day out for families. I appreciate that much has been done to encourage family memberships. But there are many people that can't commit to coming to many games but would balk at this impost.

I saw this last night and it pushed me to get a steel membership. I work out of the Goldie and don't expect to take advantage of it. I just wanted to give something back to the club after years of enjoyment (and angst).