Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

The end of the game shuffle and the previous weeks effort conspired to have us all on the edge of our seats. One noticeable difference between the sides was how slick the Manly backline ran (eventhough we snuffed it out on most occasions) compared to ours. We really need some depth with our centres and fullback running on from deep and playing some second man stuff. We have some nice little plays developing but they are played very close to the line and have a high risk factor.

Forwards were excellent - especially the bench forwards with James and Bailey really leading the way and Taylor playing solid rather than brilliant. I think we are playing Myles 5-10 minutes too long and the quality of our bench mean we need to keep the rotations going.

Falloon was excellent and added spark when he came on and really put Manly on the back foot. I think Kelly should've shifted to left centre and stayed there with Srama in the halves when Takairangi went off.

Halves are coming on really well and Sezer's kicking game was exceptional. Would just like to see a little more fluency and speed in the backline with a bit of depth otherwise, we are looking like a top 8 team and if we can get the backline firing a top 4 spot beckons. Great to be a Titans fan this year. We didn't deserve to lose this game - but we nearly did

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

One of the best games I've seen. Showed so much steel in trying circumstances. Historic stuff and was proud to be there to see it.

The crowd was awesome and the best atmsphere since Warriors Final 2010, as others have stated. Everyone got into it, lots of backwards and forwards between Manly and Titans fans. Just proves that atmosphere and the generation of it needs to be a priority task. It gets people off the couches and makes them thankful to be there. Well done to all, even the Manly fans.

I still havent watched the replay, but I got it tapped and ready to go when I get a chance. Epic.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I had a Manly mate fly up from Gosford for this game and prior to going to the match I told him that the Manly supporters are pretty vocal and would outdo Titans fans as they have done in previous years. Boy was I wrong! I have never heard them that quiet before. The Titan support didn't 'shut up' so the Manly support never got out of 1st gear. This was definately up there with the 2010 Warriors Final.

P.S. My mate thinks I have no idea! (I don't but keep it to yourselves)

Nice yarn, shamus. Glad we got blokes of your calibre in our ranks.