Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ByronTitan View Post
    Just got back in. The trip back to Byron goes much quicker when we're all on a high! We've all aged a bit but that was a great game to experience. I loved Ryan, Zilly, DaveT, Jamal, Nate and Brad T. Thoughts with Ash. Any news on him?
    Spoke to him in the sheds. He was walking around fine, a little sore after a mild concussion, but will be right for next week. Taka on the other hand is likely to miss a week with a hamstring strain, but with a week of intense physio, who knows.

Also want to say it was another great day at the footy, but for different reasons than last week,

A good flogging is fun from time to time, but a tough fought nail biter against a top side is so satisfying.

Crowd was really into it too.

I took a picture of the crowd... Gonna do it each home game and hopefully a slideshow of the year will show it swell and swell.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Are you talking about the players usual victory song?

I'm pretty sure we are talking about the new victory song for the fans that the club said would be ready for this round. Was that what was being sung in the sheds?
    No mate. Was the victory song.

We are still working on the licensing for the club song. But I hope we can share it soon.

Here's a couple of photos.

QLD Cup

I had a great time. First game as a member and first time in the cheap seats.
    It's a bit different seeing things end on. I picked up my Titans merchandise and thought what the heck am I going to do with the flag? (being somewhat introverted and all) I thought I' d give it to the kid in front of me but he didn't want it. Thank goodness. I was waving it wildly in the second half.......went away very happy wrapped up the flag for the Broncos game...

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    I had a great time. First game as a member and first time in the cheap seats.
    It's a bit different seeing things end on. I picked up my Titans merchandise and thought what the heck am I going to do with the flag? (being somewhat introverted and all) I thought I' d give it to the kid in front of me but he didn't want it. Thank goodness. I was waving it wildly in the second half.......went away very happy wrapped up the flag for the Broncos game...
    Good to hear mate and really glad you got involved in such a great victory.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I sit manly in 6th or so. Right about where I place us.

Storm rabbits cows and doggies my top four, and sharks manly us the next group.

Also we beat them on alot of levels, but not try scoring. And probably not line breaks.

My point was unless we get 3-4, we will often be in dog fights win some / lose some.
    That was a great win. Really awesome. Very tough effort right across the park.

As for Manly, they were good tonight but they will be missing the 8 on the back of a couple of their higher profile players sitting out the second half of the season. I'm surprised INSIDEWORD hasn't been on here to let you all know!!

Bring on the Panffers!!

Titans lose Harrison but beat Manly in NRL

RSS
    By Wayne Heming AAP Sat, Mar 23, 2013 - 9:18 PM

Manly forward Richie Fa'aoso headed straight for the Gold Coast dressing room after his side's dramatic 16-14 NRL loss on Saturday night to check on the health of Titan Ashley Harrison.

Fa'aoso was placed on report for a 36th-minute collision which knocked out Harrison, who was celebrating his 250th NRL game.

"At least I got to play half a game," said Harrison, who was ferried from the field on a medicab as the game was held up for several minutes.

The clash of heads, which might have been the result of a shoulder charge by Fa'aoso, will be scrutinised by the NRL's match review committee.

"Richie came into the dressing room to see how I was and to apologise - it was nice of him," said Harrison.

"I've known him since we were kids. He's a Brisbane boy - we grew up playing for the same junior club."

Gold Coast five-eighth Aidan Sezer kicked the penalty after Harrison was taken to the rooms to give the home side a 2-0 halftime lead.

The Titans scooted out to a 14-0 buffer before Manly pulled back to 14-14, with winger Jorge Taufua's second try coming after a clever grubber kick from centre Steve Matai.

With four minutes left on the clock, Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans inexplicably kicked a goal line drop-out over the touchline on the full to gift Sezer the match-winning penalty from right in front.

"I thought we had the money," bemoaned Manly coach Geoff Toovey after the loss.

Toovey said Cherry-Evans was a shattered figure in the team's dressing room after his late howler.

The Sea Eagles coach wasn't too concerned about Fa'aoso becoming the first player to be suspended following changes which have made the shoulder charge illegal.

"I saw it on the replay .... I've got no problem with what I saw," said Toovey when asked about the tackle.

Titans coach John Cartwright preferred to leave judgment up to the administrators but suggested the NRL could consider an 18th man to replace a player taken out of the game in such a manner.

"It's tough to lose a player like that and be down to three interchanges in such gruelling conditions on such a hot night," he said.

"Losing an interchange player under those circumstances really hurts."

The Titans showed a lot of heart after also losing centre Brad Takairangi midway through the second half as Manly were mounting a serious comeback.

Skipper Greg Bird, who was exhausted after the game, said players were going everywhere to cover for injuries.

"We had back-rowers in the centres, halfbacks playing fullback and I was playing five-eighth. We were just holding on."

Manly captain Jamie Lyon did not attend the post-game interviews.

"He had a stomach bug and was feeling crook but he was always going to play," said Toovey.

Lyon missed two tough conversions and uncharacteristically spilled a few passes suggesting he might have been ill when he took the field.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Just on Jamie Lyon's performance tonight - did anybody else see him spew his guts up TWICE out on the field as they came out to play the second half. He was definitely not right tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Just on Jamie Lyon's performance tonight - did anybody else see him spew his guts up TWICE out on the field as they came out to play the second half. He was definitely not right tonight.
    Yes mate I saw him have a chuck , may have has something to do with his goal kicking
    #itaintweaktospeak

One could hope that our stewards put something in their water ... that's called home ground advantage.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Yeah I did see that on-screen. Wasn't his day, for sure. But I'm happy about it though.

Geez, the second half was an absolute nail-biting thriller. Manly quickly regained strength and focus, and cracked the defence very easily in response to the tries of James and Meady. Maybe it was a lack of concentration, or maybe a bit of overconfidence after the two tries? I dunno.

For a minute I had some flashbacks from several games in the past when we were at least two tries ahead, and where this advantage quickly dissolved into a loss at final time. As such, I kinda freaked out at the moment when the scoreboard reflected an all 14 score. Fortunately, Sezer saved the day towards the end, after a failed attempt of a field goal. Although in the 79th minute it was still a bit of a touch and go, as you could see Manly still hoped for a miracle try. Dang, talking about every second counts!

I'm happy luck was on our side today, I could see it sure was a tough game. Well done guys
    Aiming for the title farthest away fan

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Yes mate I saw him have a chuck , may have has something to do with his goal kicking
    Hahahahahaha.

You're a funny man Peter.

Had to watch a replay before i could comment about the match

Probably our best home win to date after leading by 14 & then Manly leveling the score many including myself could be forgiven for expecting us to throw the towel in against such quality opposition but not in 2013.

A lot of really tough Defence & isn't it great to have a no7 that can defend with the best of them, it's a 1st for our club

Great games all round I thought, Zillman looked like fullback tonight, our bench was brilliant & would easily be the best in the comp bar none but for me the bloke who is playing well beyond his years is Sezar, this kid has it all & I'm sure will be inline for an Origin gig in the next couple of years, add Kelly to the show & we have a halves combo that will talked about all season

The word that our club hasn't heard for a long time is Respect, it was well earned tonight & now maybe the so called "experts" will give us a little

As Tamwelg said it was nice to hear the Team song in the sheds & I hope we can hear it all season.

Spoke to Harro he was fine & also gave Takarangi a pat on the shoulder & told him he has earnt his spot in this side although he will probably be out for a week at worst with a hamstring strain & if so may see Mead back to fullback pushing Zillman to centre & giving Don a shot at the grade.

Skilled Park = The Fortress
    #itaintweaktospeak

Great game, the boys showed a lot of ticker and to back up for 80 minutes after last weeks game in the heat was remarkable, agree with what Pete says the word respect will be starting to get used when titans name is mentioned