Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Victory song

Quote Originally Posted by david may View Post
    Could you set the bar a bit higher diehard?
    Dave,
    Update on the victory song? There is so much I wish I could share on the forum but my hands are tied!!! Are we still 'marching forward'?

Default Scrub that

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Dave,
    Update on the victory song? There is so much I wish I could share on the forum but my hands are tied!!! Are we still 'marching forward'?
    Just ran into Knelly at Robina today, he gave me the update Dave, all good. It's getting a bit exciting now.......

I have no idea what you are talking about. But I love all your ideas and work Titus.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Dave,
    Working on it.

My preference is to get you guys to vote on it.

But I'd also like it done for Canberra... More news Monday.

Working on it.

My preference is to get you guys to vote on it.

But I'd also like it done for Canberra... More news Monday.
    Voting is a great idea. That is how we got our original jersey and name.

Raiders. That's fast tracking!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Thanks Diehard! I do like to have fun! But this one wasn't my idea..... Was just lucky enough to be asked to part of it.

Dave, the vote sounds like a great idea. Knelly seemed excited. I'll keep the Titanus phone close by .......

Ill Say it

Its a ****ing terrible song doesnt match anything about NRL or League for that matter
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Voting is a great idea. That is how we got our original jersey and name.

Raiders. That's fast tracking!
    We might have to just go with what we have. As I think we are better with it than without it? Any thoughts?

We can always change it next year I you all don't like it?

can we hear it at all? A clip on here would be great for those of us who can't get to tonight's game.

We might have to just go with what we have. As I think we are better with it than without it? Any thoughts?

We can always change it next year I you all don't like it?
    With all due respect Mr May, and I do have a lot of respect for you, but DON"T FUDGE THIS UP!!!

We have waited since before kick-off in 2007 for a team song, we have been patient, and we have made many offers to be involved in the process, so don't rush it now, with some "song" from an "emerging local artist"/music industry insider, etc, that we "can always change next year".

It needs to be anthemic, it needs to reek of Titans (not bland football messages), it needs to conjure up passion and pride for our team and the Gold Coast, and it needs to be something we all can sing, and we all WANT to sing. It NEEDS to be BETTER than whatever the GC SUNS produce!!

I'd rather wait another season than be stuck with some trashy jingle.

Rant over.

Yea. I'm with C Whiz on this. Better to do it right and wait. Than misfire.

This type of thing is up there with club colours, emblem, home ground in terms of importance. It is the Titans.

The problem with changing it next year is that it won't be as special.

Not easy. At least if we do a vote with Members. You can blame the fans. Haha! I'd also suggest a couple of rounds of voting. Just to tune everything up and hone the process.

But it does sound like things have already been well progressed.

If we are to continue to court supporters then we need to be firm in our profile. Once the club song always the club song, it needs to be right the first and only time = caution please.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I may be in the minority but I think there is no need for a club song. Pretty much everything that has been put up stinks of cheese and makes me think amateurish. The best example of crappy hour is the Suns joke of a club song.

If we must put one together - the fans definately need to heavily involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    If we are to continue to court supporters then we need to be firm in our profile. Once the club song always the club song, it needs to be right the first and only time = caution please.
    Understood. My only thought is that many teams have changed their song over time. And I REALLY believe in what we have.

But. Understood.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    With all due respect Mr May, and I do have a lot of respect for you, but DON"T FUDGE THIS UP!!!

We have waited since before kick-off in 2007 for a team song, we have been patient, and we have made many offers to be involved in the process, so don't rush it now, with some "song" from an "emerging local artist"/music industry insider, etc, that we "can always change next year".

It needs to be anthemic, it needs to reek of Titans (not bland football messages), it needs to conjure up passion and pride for our team and the Gold Coast, and it needs to be something we all can sing, and we all WANT to sing. It NEEDS to be BETTER than whatever the GC SUNS produce!!

I'd rather wait another season than be stuck with some trashy jingle.

Rant over.
    Understand your reply, but the fear around it, and the difficulty of it, is the reason why it has never gotten off the ground.

I will make sure our supporters are involved. But I believe in what we have. And I also firmly believe that we won't please everyone. No matter what we do.

But we will involve our members and general supporters. But I also have to have the courage to try and get something happening.

What we have is good.