Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Well it's certainly never supposed to be the anthem that we are all looking for.

But I still love it.
    David was on the radio this morning & said the club was working on a Victory song to play after each win......i hope we get sick of hearing it
    #itaintweaktospeak

Wow. Now that is basically the #1 gripe by fans. Myself included.

David really is going after everything.

Just hope it hits the mark! It has to be brilliant!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Not sure on it.

Still too vanilla for me. Seems like we are begging, when do we draw a line in the sand and say are you with us, if not you are against us.
    Give them a reason to be passionate about the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

::changed my mind on this subject::
    Last edited by Coaster; 01-03-13 at 03:21 PM. Reason: changed my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

From a far away fan's POV..

I liked it. I liked the song and how it wasn't a stereotypical hype up/rock song like you see on every second NRL video on youtube these days. Music taste is subjective, sure. You're never going to please everyone.

I like the angle taken with this. I can't make too much of a judgement on how well it reflected the community over there but in my judgement it had an emphasis on the whole "coming together" aspect, highlighting the relationship between players/the club and fans.

Just my 2 cents. Well done to everyone who made the effort to get down there for the advert. Congrats if you made it on to the clip!

It's ok.

Guetta's Titanium and heaps of footy clips would of done it for me though.

Wow, that is a fantastic ad. I can't heap enough praise on the people involve and those fans who participated so early in the morning.

It was very professional and the song was fantastic. I love how it focused on the fans but also away from the footy park. Loved seeing the beach, Preston, face paint, the supporters. It has soul. And that is what I want from my club. This one isn't corny it is timeless.

I even, kinda, got in it. Towards the end where the Away Legion feature, you can see my flag that is obscuring me. We are at Melbourne.

I think the club should keep track of who volunteers for these types of things and photo shoots and nurture a Titans volunteer core. Recognise them at the end of the year with a thank you letter signed by the CEO, captain and coach. And maybe some type of gift.

Yep. The NRL promo kind of washed over me. It's ok. But this is far better. I don't give out wraps easy, but I love the video and song.

Also loved seeing so many fresh faces out there representing the Titans supporter base.
    Love the register idea diehard.

Wow. Now that is basically the #1 gripe by fans. Myself included.

David really is going after everything.

Just hope it hits the mark! It has to be brilliant!
    Could you set the bar a bit higher diehard?

Quote Originally Posted by david may View Post
    Could you set the bar a bit higher diehard?

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I guess my advice on a song would be to look worldwide. Look into Rugby League history including BRL. Don't let the AFL fool you into thinking that club songs are exclusively their domain. And focus group it with supporters, don't rely on music professionals.

I guess my advice on a song would be to look worldwide. Look into Rugby League history including BRL. Don't let the AFL fool you into thinking that club songs are exclusively their domain. And focus group it with supporters, don't rely on music professionals.
    + 100.

Agreed Diehard! A Club Song is something that you generally only ever do once...therefore if botched it becomes even messier than the jersey debacle.

Couldn't agree more. My other club, Manly, have latched on to Eagle Rock but they used to have a traditional club song which I preferred. I think the Eagle Rock thing started when the Northern Eagles farce happened so we wouldn't upset Norths people.
    The best club songs are the old ones like Souths, Roosters, Sharks have, and the AFL ones. I see nothing wrong with pinching one of those tunes and putting Gold Coast words to it - just needs to be done quickly.

I loved the song and the vid because it brings a softer side to the club. The party type anthems for clubs are too mainstream nowadays so i really loved how the club took a different approach to this.

We have to be honest, the last 2 seasons at the Titans have been dissapointing. Also adding the situation with the debt crisis and such it hasn't been good for the club. The song reflects upon the fact that the club needs its fans to stick by the Titans during these times of hardship hence the words "NEED YOU NOW". The fans have to be there to support the club. The club is working hard. Its time for the fans to be there in support.

This year is the turning point for the club.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Listening to the WCC and the Leeds mob signing made me very jealous ... surely we can find something along those lines?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.