Default Petersen, Walker , Graham

This is EXACTLY what I was wanting the Titans to do and a Great Bunch of blokes as well.
    Well done David . Love your work.

FORMER Titans flyer Chris Walker believes the Gold Coast's youthful halves connection of Albert Kelly and Aidan Sezer could be the key to unlocking some of the NRL's most exciting talent.

Titans wingers Kevin Gordon and David Mead have long been regarded as excitement machines, but the Gold Coast have struggled to turn that potential into points.

The club hasn't fielded a star centre pairing in its six-year history and never had a genuine five-eighth until recruiting Sezer last year.

But with the NRL's most formidable forward pack and a skilful play-making division, the Titans have what it takes to become a potent side on the flanks, according to Walker.

"That might change with Albert Kelly and Sezer partnering up," the former Queensland winger said.

"I love watching Mead and Kevvie Gordon get the ball because ... they know how to find the line.

Have your say on the feedback form below
    Gold Coast Titans news, photos

"If you're feeding those boys good ball, they can be the leading tryscorers. It's going to be exciting.

"Forwards don't like to admit it, but they set the precedent for what backs can do. If the forwards are going forward and have good momentum, that gives the backs a lot of opportunity to shine.

"That forward pack is second to none. If they can keep those players on the park all year, there's a big season coming up."

The Titans don't have many excuses for a poor 2013 after missing the finals for the past two years.

After getting rid of halfback Scott Prince and only having one player (Matt White, knee) unavailable for round 1 selection, optimism for the new season is high.

Coach John Cartwright will play man-mountain Jamal Idris at right centre and is warming towards fielding recruit Brad Takairangi at left centre inside Gordon.

Foundation Titans winger Matt Petersen said the Gold Coast's try-scorers would flourish if the rest of the team was well balanced.

"As a winger, you don't ever think you get enough ball. You've got to make your own luck from the wing," Petersen said.

"When I was here I had Mat Rogers inside me and he never passed. I know what they're going through.

"The guys who score 20 to 25 tries in a season are playing off the back of teams that are winning premierships. A lot of opportunities come off that.

"The field opens up and you get more space.

"That's all the boys need. They have showed they can score long-range tries."

Walker, Petersen and Josh Graham are supporting the club in a corporate role as they get stuck into life after footy.
    Walker is a part-owner of Walker Brothers Earthworks, Petersen owns Bundall Secondhand and New Tyres while Graham works for solar energy company Empyreal Energy.

[QUOTE=Bayside Titans;317466]"When I was here I had Mat Rogers inside me and he never passed. I know what they're going through.[QUOTE]

Thats the funniest line ever because the coaching staff then shifted Rogers into a ball playing position...5/8

[QUOTE=Chaos;317471][QUOTE=Bayside Titans;317466]"When I was here I had Mat Rogers inside me and he never passed. I know what they're going through.

Thats the funniest line ever because the coaching staff then shifted Rogers into a ball playing position...5/8
    He passed at 5/8 but never did at centre and I mean never
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Fantastic. This is what I want to see from a club, not just a team.

Chris Walker was always one of my favourite players. I was delighted to see him join the Titans!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior

[QUOTE=Chaos;317471][QUOTE=Bayside Titans;317466]"When I was here I had Mat Rogers inside me and he never passed. I know what they're going through.

Not that funny. He's coaching our centres now.doh!