Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So did I .

Yesterday marked the first open training of the Amsterdam (or: Capital City) Cobras at Museum Square. It was a bit windy and rainy, but it sure attracted locals and tourists who showed up watching and taking pictures of us. Exposure of rugby in general (both codes) is very little in here, so I guess it is a welcome surprise. We should do it more often, let's see if we can attract expats this way .
    Aiming for the title farthest away fan

Quote Originally Posted by Chaserz View Post
    Whoa Titanic, that would be awesome. I feel so lonely here!

Yeah Diehard, as far as I know, we are already about to launch a FB campaign to find rugby league lovers .
    Just finalising itineraries at the moment ... lokkks like 11-13 July at this stage ... more when I know more.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Hey if you are here, might want to arrange a footy training on Museum Square in Amsterdam, as the Amsterdam team trains on Wednesday evening out there (unless Netherlands has to play a match in the FIFA world Cup, as there will be giant screens)...

Well, the first domestic match Amsterdam vs Rotterdam has been played last weekend, with a hot 32 degrees outside: http://www.rlef.eu.com/news/article/...h-derby-spoils (Photos here)

"Coolest" thing was that we played at the Netherlands National Rugby 'Stadium', so that was a nice bonus! Artificial grass was also a novelty for the most of us. It was a good and exciting game with many opportunities on both sides. Also the teams were quite balanced on strength. And yet, despite I was taking a big hit and was knocked OUT of the field, I did NOT knocked on for sure, unlike the report mentioned... Oh well! Looking forward to the 2nd match in two weeks.

Meanwhile, the third team The Hague Knights will be installed in 2015, so rugby league is on fire in the Low Countries .