Default Are we short on Front Rowers....

I attended the trial at Redcliffe and noticed that we only had 3 true front rowers playing on the night. DOUGLAS, IOANE and PAGE.

With WHITEY suffering an untimely injury that looks to sideline him for a year, and BULL only just coming back from a serious achillies injury. Are we short of Front Rowers?

I know JAMES, DOUGLAS, BAILEY, and IOANE are the only contracted front rowers are we again going to see Nate MILES play in the front row or are we pursuing another front rower urgently for the season proper.

I was thoroughly impressed with DOUGLAS, and young PAGE looked to have a very strong game and in the opinions of others at the game should get the nod ahead of IOANE.

I was led to believe that PAGE is playing for BURLEIGH this year and is not contracted with the Titans.

Do we have anyone else who can fill this void left by WHITEYS injury???

You do bring up an interesting point worth discussion, but there's no need to be cagey about the way you type your post. By now everyone is well aware of your link to Page. Rather then saying I'm lead to believe, you'd be better off saying I know he's playing for Burleigh, but I think he should have a contract and be playing first grade with the titans.

With all the back rowers on the books, I'm sure you'll see Myles in the front row again this year, but I'll point out he had probably his best season to date last year playing front row.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    You do bring up an interesting point worth discussion, but there's no need to be cagey about the way you type your post. By now everyone is well aware of your link to Page. Rather then saying I'm lead to believe, you'd be better off saying I know he's playing for Burleigh, but I think he should have a contract and be playing first grade with the titans.

With all the back rowers on the books, I'm sure you'll see Myles in the front row again this year, but I'll point out he had probably his best season to date last year playing front row.
    Been out of the country for a couple of months and have only just returned. I have no news of PAGE for season 2013. Last I heard from tyhe family was that he had no idea what was install for him in 2013.

I read the League week and found a small comment on him from the Bears coach however found him playing a trial for the Titans.

Immortal

I thought that he had a dual contract. I am quite sure that he trained the entire off season with the top squad.

I have no comment on Page but for sure our coach will use Myles and Taylor in that rotation as well = from last year Douglas, Bailey, Myles plus this year James, Ioane, Page and potentially Taylor to compensate for the losses of Lawrence, Henderson and now White.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I don't think Page is as yet up to 1st grade standard & hopefully has a full season with Burleigh.

Round 1 will have us with Douglas,Bails,James,Ioane & Myles playing there if needed not to mention the Monster Taylor could fill the role if required.

I think we are fine.
    #itaintweaktospeak

I don't think we're short on front rowers but I'm expecting our FR depth to be tested due to injuries and origin selection.

White's gone for the season
    Bailey is still recovering
    James has a niggling groin injury ATM, but nothing serious

This season could be the season that either Douglas or even possibly James break into Origin should they start the year in good form.

Then there's Myles who probably will be a Test and Origin certainty should he perform as well as he did last year.

A few "very short term" injuries and rep selection should do us good if it means we get to blood a front rower.
    Guys like Ioane, Page and the two promising NYC boys Oliver Percy and Francis Veukiso are not close to cementing a spot on the bench but at least half of them must get some game time in 2013.

I'm a fan of blooding people and the Titans don't blood as many as they should.
    By blood, I mean players who wont be pushing for a starting spot but might in a year or 2.

A perfect example of the Titans blooding a young player who isn't ready for NRL at the time but would benefit for the experience was Ben Ridge.
    He debuted in 08 or 09 and came good in 2012.

2 of the 4 Front Rowers I've mentioned need to be blooded this season for experience and player development.

Don't like the idea of playing Taylor at prop. He's the type of player you want running wide at the oppositions backs and edge forwards, not in the middle of the field against 2,3 or 4 forwards.