Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Reynolds played well

Not a bad way to pick up $30k though
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quoting somebody else "he gets 30k and doesn't even have to fork out to wash his jersey".
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

NSW dominated the game and the fight...@#$% that sucks!

Dear Mal,

I know what your thinking...we were way too bunched and our plan to go up the middle corridor didn't work at all.

yeah yeah...you thought Inglis would be marked so you decided to use the kick for Boyd...your now thinking..Inglis needs the ball in his hands...good idea!

Harrison wasn't up to the quality...bring in Papalii...we need size and aggression.
    Cronk runs the ball too many times for our backline to shine and his combo with Slater isn't working...bring in Cherry-Evens to see our great backline fire.

We need to spread the ball early in our sets with some block work to work our centres into the game...playing the Melbourne game up the middle just didn't work....we were one out and totally dominated.

Do you know why Gallon smacked Myles?...we didn't have a fighter in the forwards to back Myles up...our scrappers are in the backline
    Bring in Papalii.

Oh yeah...I know your going to give Gillett and Teo more time on the field...I just know it

yeah parker added some offloads and gillett was good too, but its one or the other imo.

as for no fight from us, as well as letting gallen get away with it, when fifita smashed slater, no one got in his face.... we showed them we werent quite up for the fight.

also ashley klein was a joke. i dont want to whinge about refs when we lost, i think he effed up both ways, but he was not good, lets leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    yeah parker added some offloads and gillett was good too, but its one or the other imo.
    Yeah...Parker had a go and made some ground but he needs to offload the ball instead of landing on his back...plays the ball just too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Yeah...Parker had a go and made some ground but he needs to offload the ball instead of landing on his back...plays the ball just too slow.
    I am a Blue and I was worrried coz of Parker's ability to offload. I thought he did exactly that. The very first time he touched the ball he got rid of it and without looking at replays I am pretty sure he did it another 3 or so times. Blues I am sure were made aware of this pre game and had him covered most times. So I reckin IMO he did OK.

Now Thurston....he should not have been out there. Was it an ego thing...24 games straight or something? the only one to do it?..or was he only one to have played in every Qld game since their winning streak? Can't remember but it tis one or ta other..

I ain't starting nothing. Just commenting is all......

Yeah dunno what the go was with Thurston, I did hear he had the flu but I don't know if there's any truth to that. Confident he'll bounce back in game 2 though.

How this didn't get 10 in the bin I'll never know:

Not sure why Gallen thought he'd try 'n sort out Myles by belting him around the melon. I tend think it'd be a bit like trying to punch out a Besser Brick. Only thing Gallen would've got out of it is busted knuckles..

Gallen played pretty well, when he wasn't being an idiot. My opinion of him is much the same as my opinion of Bird. A grub who costs the team more than they give. A captain shouldn't be throwing punches and giving away stupid penalties.

Lewis was sensational. Probably the best game I've ever seen him played. Well deserved man of the match.

In awe of Jennings' try. Brilliant stuff. You just can't defend against that sort of thing.

Over all, NSW played brilliantly. In the second half they relaxed too much and gave Qld a sniff, lots of stupid penalties and dropped balls, but for the majority of the game the defence was rock solid.

They weren't the halves I would have picked, but they did well.

Queensland appeared to not have a forward pack. The only time they looked dangerous was when the backs ran the ball, but even then they were well contained.

Game 2, NSW needs to keep the intensity up for 80 minutes and keep Qld to 0.

Two tries to one. Maroons were unmotivated, underdone and ambushed. Blues didnt score in the 2nd half but hit the gears later on when Inglis, Thurston, Slater and Hodges came into the game.

Thurston probably shouldnt have played, but he gave it his all late in the game.

Hard to believe the dynasty could be all over in a few weeks.

But Im confident at Lang Park.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gallen should have been binned.

Cant believe he will only get 1-2 weeks!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Good win by the Blues.
    Overall pretty good performance, like some have said QLD lacked aggression and had no forward momentum, Lewis Deserved MOM, best for QLD was Hodges, that guy has the best runs out of dummy half. Gallens punches almost looked like acting they were not full on punches, but he should of got 10 , but it is what it is. QLD kicking game was way of, worst i have seen in recent years, i think you need to replace Boyd he offers nothing neither does Harrison anymore.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Good win by the Blues.
    Overall pretty good performance, like some have said QLD lacked aggression and had no forward momentum, Lewis Deserved MOM, best for QLD was Hodges, that guy has the best runs out of dummy half. Gallens punches almost looked like acting they were not full on punches, but he should of got 10 , but it is what it is. QLD kicking game was way of, worst i have seen in recent years, i think you need to replace Boyd he offers nothing neither does Harrison anymore.
    Yep. Parker to wear 13 for Harrison and add Papalli to bench. Replace Boyd with..... I don't thin O'Neil is the answer there Edrick Lee? Ben Hannant should be back for either McQueen or Gillet.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 06-06-13 at 08:43 AM.

I think McQueen looks like he has it in him but not convinced yet. Hannant will come in and I would be adding Papali and perhaps the new version of Taylor plus if Thurston is carrying something then DCE is waiting. I don't think we were terrible but we just didn't have any "go forward" and Lewis was outstanding. I'm no fan of Boyd but he is safe under the high ball and offers at least as much as anybody else in that position.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

[QUOTE=shamus;325378]I am a Blue and I was worrried coz of Parker's ability to offload. I thought he did exactly that. The very first time he touched the ball he got rid of it and without looking at replays I am pretty sure he did it another 3 or so times. Blues I am sure were made aware of this pre game and had him covered most times. So I reckin IMO he did OK.QUOTE]

I agree with you...I think Parker has a great ability to off-load because he can spin and back into the defence...he did it well in the origin...he needs support with him.
    His problem is...when he decides to hold on to it, he needs to twist back onto his knees and elbows...not land on his back like a turtle.