Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Daley would be crazy no to pick Bird as Captain , look at his form week in week out playing with the C next to his name.
    #itaintweaktospeak

I was working on my dream team and I wondered, what would happen if you picked origin teams based on the stats? Some very different looking sides it seems.

QLD
    1. Slater 39.25
    2. Norman 33.8
    3. Inglis 50.25
    4. Hodges 45
    5. Hoffman 33.8
    6. Cronk 49.38
    7. Cherry-Evans 60.50
    8. Hannant 51.75
    9. Smith 65.38
    10. Lawrence 48.75
    11. Parker 57.62
    12. Gillett 48.12
    13. Myles 43.38

Score: 626.98

I originally had Inglis at fullback, but Qld is light on in the centres.

NSW
    1. Hayne 41.38
    2. Gordon 38.88
    3. Jennings 47.25
    4. Idris 40.25
    5. Taufua 37.12
    6. Sutton 50.38
    7. Maloney 52.62
    8. Fifita 56.88
    9. Farah 68.00
    10. Woods 55.00
    11. Watmough 56.25
    12. Fensom 55.00
    13. Gallen 47.00

Score: 657.01

Personally i'd have Sutton on the bench for his utility value, but I didn't bother with benches. Scores are skewed by goal kickers too, but I thought it would be interesting to look at the stats. Now if only NSW can take that dream team advantage onto the field!

Sutton is a fantastic utility.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Sutton > Gidley
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Never can work out this dream team stuff and tbh couldn't be bothered trying. That's just me though.

Birdy it seems didn't make the cut.....I would be interested to know how much/little he missed out by?

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Never can work out this dream team stuff and tbh couldn't be bothered trying. That's just me though.

Birdy it seems didn't make the cut.....I would be interested to know how much/little he missed out by?
    Well, it's based purely on stats. Goals, tries, metres run, metres kicked, tackles made, line breaks, etc. On the other hand, you can lose points for missed tackles, penalties, etc. I was interested in seeing what would happen if you picked purely on form. Obviously there's a lot of factors not taken into account, but I reckon you'd still get a great game out of those teams.

As for Bird, he averages 37.75. 18th overall for backrowers. If I'd included a bench, he probably still wouldn't have gotten a look in!

NSW team leaked by Daily Telegraph.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226650215786

I can't see them winning the series with this rabble.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I was working on my dream team and I wondered, what would happen if you picked origin teams based on the stats? Some very different looking sides it seems.

QLD
    1. Slater 39.25
    2. Norman 33.8
    3. Inglis 50.25
    4. Hodges 45
    5. Hoffman 33.8
    6. Cronk 49.38
    7. Cherry-Evans 60.50
    8. Hannant 51.75
    9. Smith 65.38
    10. Lawrence 48.75
    11. Parker 57.62
    12. Gillett 48.12
    13. Myles 43.38

Score: 626.98

I originally had Inglis at fullback, but Qld is light on in the centres.

NSW
    1. Hayne 41.38
    2. Gordon 38.88
    3. Jennings 47.25
    4. Idris 40.25
    5. Taufua 37.12
    6. Sutton 50.38
    7. Maloney 52.62
    8. Fifita 56.88
    9. Farah 68.00
    10. Woods 55.00
    11. Watmough 56.25
    12. Fensom 55.00
    13. Gallen 47.00

Score: 657.01

Personally i'd have Sutton on the bench for his utility value, but I didn't bother with benches. Scores are skewed by goal kickers too, but I thought it would be interesting to look at the stats. Now if only NSW can take that dream team advantage onto the field!
    Thats quite an interesting read Steve.

**edit** And I have just made enough money in my DT to buy Maloney into the team, and now he's playing Origin. I guess it was always going to happen, but i thought they might have gone with Carney tbh.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 25-05-13 at 07:37 AM. Reason: DT

SO the team has been leaked supposedly for NSW, looking at it , i don't expect a win this year NFI.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

1.Hayne
    2. Ferguson
    3. Jennings
    4. Morris
    5. Morris
    6. Maloney
    7. Pearce
    8. Gallen
    9. Farah
    10. Tamou
    11. Lewis
    12. Hoffman
    13. Bird

14. Gildey :boo:
    15. Watmough
    16. Merrimac
    17. Fifita

Take out Hoffman & Gidley I would be happier
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    1.Hayne
    2. Ferguson
    3. Jennings
    4. Morris
    5. Morris
    6. Maloney
    7. Pearce
    8. Gallen
    9. Farah
    10. Tamou
    11. Lewis
    12. Hoffman
    13. Bird

14. Gildey :boo:
    15. Watmough
    16. Merrimac
    17. Fifita

Take out Hoffman & Gidley I would be happier

Glad to see Maloney & Fifita get picked on form
    #itaintweaktospeak

Carney should be halfback. He can play there.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Boyd named by Queensland for Origin I

AAP
    Mon 27th May,

Darius Boyd has been included in Queensland's 19-man squad for State of Origin I despite injury concerns
    Injury concern Darius Boyd has been named in an extended Queensland squad for next week's State of Origin series opener in Sydney.

Melbourne's Justin O'Neill had looked set to be placed on standby for Boyd (ankle) however Maroons selectors included the Newcastle winger in a 19-strong squad in Brisbane on Monday night.

Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans has been injected into the squad in case he has to cover for pivot Johnathan Thurston whose partner is expecting their first child on June 5 - game day.

And Canberra enforcer Josh Papalii - once in New Zealand's sights - has also been added on an extended interchange.

Boyd had not been expected to run out in the opening game in Sydney next Wednesday night after injuring his ankle on Sunday.

O'Neill, 22, - who recently returned from a broken jaw - had been the hot tip to replace Boyd after attending Queensland Emerging Origin camps under Wayne Bennett and making his Indigenous All Stars debut this year.

Papalii and Cherry-Evans let the cat out of the bag about their selection when they were seen arriving at Brisbane airport earlier on Monday.

It appeared to end a tug of war between Queensland and New Zealand that erupted last year over Papalii.

Papalii had signed a letter of intent to play for New Zealand in 2011 - the same year he ran out as a 2011 Junior Kiwi.

However, he changed his tune late last year saying he felt a greater allegiance to Queensland after moving to Brisbane's southside at the age of six.

Maroons selectors caught a break from the NRL match review committee (MRC) on Monday.

Halfback Cooper Cronk and forward David Shillington were both placed on report last weekend but were cleared to play against NSW after escaping sanction from the MRC.

Cronk was placed on report for a lifting tackle on Sydney Roosters winger Roger Tuivasa-Sheck in Melbourne's 26-18 win at Allianz Stadium on Saturday.

Shillington was penalised for a high shot on Manly's Steve Matai in Canberra's loss at Brookvale on the same night.

Another prickly issue was Ben Te'o's selection.

A question mark hovered over the South Sydney utility forward after an NRL probe was launched into assault allegations against him by a 22-year-old woman.

However, Te'o was named on an interchange bench also featuring Broncos duo Matt Gillett and Corey Parker as well as debutant, South Sydney forward Chris McQueen.

Jerseys were presented on Monday night by members of the 1959 Queensland team - the last Maroons outfit to win an interstate series before the Origin concept began in 1980.

Queensland's team for opening State Of Origin game in Sydney:

Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Brent Tate, Johnathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith (capt), Dave Shillington, Nate Myles, Sam Thaiday, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Ben Te'o, Matt Gillett, Corey Parker, Chris McQueen. 18th and 19th men: Daly Cherry-Evans, Josh Papalii.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Gidley is oUt , ****in Awesome, most overrated player in the NRL
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Gidley is oUt , ****in Awesome, most overrated player in the NRL
    Yes Yes Yes
    #itaintweaktospeak