Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SBW Vs Francois Botha

There may be a thread about this somewhere, but I couldn't find it....

http://www.brisent.com.au/Event_Cale...s%20Botha.aspx

Anyway, thoughts?

I have no time for a code jumping, contract breaking, walking out on your team-mates mid-season SOB like SBW, so I will be cheering heartily for Botha in this fight, but I will give SBW his dues as an athlete, in much the same way I give Mundine his dues as an athlete. But the fact SBW was tweeting about corrupt refs from Mundines dressing room post Geale fight tells me something about SBW.

For those who don't know, I cannot believe the NRL have allowed SBW back into the game, after what he did to his team, his team-mates, the code and most importantly, the fans. It was an utter disgrace and he should have been banned for life, and now he is fighting on the eve of a new NRL season.

I would not be bothered if SBW missed a few rounds due to recovering from a beating from the White Buffalo, although I don't actually wish him any real permanent long term harm, just a massively bruised ego and a good dose of reality check. He is fighting Francois Botha, after all!

Anyway, I think a professional sportsman should stick with the sport they are currently being paid to be part of, so if he gets smashed up, then the Roosters have wasted their money and I will get to laugh even harder.

Having said that, SBW looks the goods and definitely has the talent, so if he wants to be a boxer then he should take the long road and earn his fights.

So, can he stand toe-to-toe with a man who has challenged the Worlds best, including Tyson, Hollyfield etc, and knows how to go the distance? I doubt it. And I think it will be a lesson in humility that SBW needs, that sometimes being really good at 1 sport, or even 2, should be enough.

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi

Smile

All I can say is I hope sunny gets his head bashed in

I hope the Waynecar gets his head kicked in a little more than Quade Cooper does
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I hope the Waynecar gets his head kicked in a little more than Quade Cooper does
    Hey Pete, do you happen to know if it is on at Tallai golf?

I'm looking for somewhere local to watch it, but my local will be full of angry Kiwi's (when SBW loses!) .

Anyone who wants to watch it online..pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I was just about to head off, and saw this. PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Legend!!!

All HAIL Hail Sezer!!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Legend!!!

All HAIL Hail Sezer!!
    All good mate, enjoy!

Get up SBW

Well that was disappointing on many levels, not the least of which was the fact that they stopped it after 10 rounds, just when Botha was winding up.

Anyway, congrats to SBW, he definitley looked the goods, but I worry about his low left hand in the opening rounds.

I must say, it looked like a night at the local amateur fight gym the way the event was run, with an announcer who didn't even know their names and ring ropes that looked like they were made of elastic, not to mention some ordinary refereeing culminating in the bout stopped 2 rounds short of the schedule. All pretty weird, but an enjoyable stoush all the same.

Thanks again Hail Sezer.

*slow claps*

Well done, SBW. You beat up a 44yr old, who from all accounts probably would have won if it wasn't cut short.

A man at the peak of fitness does little more than hold his own against a middle-aged has been ... $BW is lucky he didn't knocked into next week.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    A man at the peak of fitness does little more than hold his own against a middle-aged has been ... $BW is lucky he didn't knocked into next week.
    By the sounds of it, Botha may have had it in him to finish off $BW if it went 12 Rounds.

Something that did come to a surprise to me. Is the skills Quade Cooper has acquired in the ring.