Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    7.30 report on now gang.
    Watching now...Dank's body language looks very guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Watching now...Dank's body language looks very guilty.
    Yea, how sweaty does he look. And how many tells he has. Like scratching his nose when answering questions.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Yea, how sweaty does he look. And how many tells he has. Like scratching his nose when answering questions.
    Yeah...the nose scratch was a massive one...I even think his nose started growing at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by gothabull View Post
    Broncos titans and cows havent been contacted which is good for us
    LOL cows have been
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Penrith, Raiders, Cowboys, Manly, Cronulla and Newcastle have allegedly been contacted by the NRL with no specifics or names given.

We play four of these in the first four rounds...hopefully they are shaken to the core and this affects their game play!

We play five of them within the first seven rounds!

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

wow...its good to hear our club hasnt been contacted

Where are we up to with this?

People are questioning the ACC (Aust Crime Commission) very public approach but they seem confident they will get results.
    Out new NRL leader seems calm under pressure but he'll be tied down with the legality of the whole issue.

Started with 16 teams under a cloud, then narrowed to 6, lastest I heard 3 of those are clear.
    Cowboys have been cleared but are crazy when talking about suing the government for damages to the club.

Curtis Johnson has been stood down from his club while under investigation...I think he plays for Souths feeder club...whether he is guilty or not, he is the type of player I would suspect may take a banned substance...fringe player trying a bit extra to get a crack.
    He text his mate about stuff he was taking and mentions steriods...but he says the text was a joke.

Has there been anymore announcements?

That's about where I see it. I believe there are legitimate gripes about clubs being named without proof or allegations coming to hand swiftly.

They do say the ACC is about to implicate dozens and dozens of players.

I do think questions over the handling need to be raised. It's over a week on and we are none the wiser. I think it was launched early and half baked. I don't think you pursue criminal networks by trumpeting it. You bust them in the cold dead of night.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

That's about where I see it. I believe there are legitimate gripes about clubs being named without proof or allegations coming to hand swiftly.

They do say the ACC is about to implicate dozens and dozens of players.

I do think questions over the handling need to be raised. It's over a week on and we are none the wiser. I think it was launched early and half baked. I don't think you pursue criminal networks by trumpeting it. You bust them in the cold dead of night.
    And therein lays the problem. ASADA, ACC and AFP have really cocked this up, and now they're looking for all the excuses to wiggle out of this situation they created.

I know many would despise this idea. But I'd like to see ARLC get up off their collective ****s and team up with the AFL, and be pro-active and be on the front foot with this scandal, and really put the pressure back on ASADA, ACC and AFP to produce something solid.

I feel ARLC could learn some valuable lessons from the AFL on how to handle situations like this one. These days, you need to be pro-active 'n get to the root of it all as soon as possible. Otherwise it could drag out for years and the code's reputation continues to get dragged through the mud.

ARLC, don't wait for the problem to arrive on your doorstep. Go out and rattle some cages until you get some results, and put this supposive scandal behind us. So we can all enjoy this season, without this contraversy overhead.
    Last edited by Toads; 15-02-13 at 03:52 PM.

Only five clubs remain under investigation.

Those five clubs seem to be at a "low-risk" involvement.

A far cry from the "darkest day" in Australian sport of "widespread" drug use and "Systematic" drug cheating. Essendon might be in some big trouble though, but apart from that it seems very isolated.

I'm as confident now about all of this from a Rugby League perspective then I have ever been. I don't think it'll be long before the Penrith Panthers & Cronulla Sharks are cleared in the same fashion as the North Queensland Cowboys.

Okay, It'll be a month tomorrow since ASADA, ACC and AFP all jumped on their bandwagon spruiking how they're going to bust some balls in relation to Drugs in Sports. So, a month on. Who's been pulled aside and told they've got a case to answer?

Sorry to bring this up. But those 3 parties have really hit on a nerve with me. If they themselves can't produce anything (the individuals at that press conference). They should be sacked immediately and moved on.. No one should be allowed to tarnish any Sport within Australia like they did on that day.

****ing Grubs, the lot of them!
    Last edited by Toads; 06-03-13 at 11:01 AM.

I'm stunned that we haven't seen anything. As I thought it'd jeopardise cases and investigations.

Was it just a stunt by Gillard Labor? I'm kind of pissed off Jason Clare got roped into it. He is a good quality up and coming MP and this is basically his introduction into the mainstream psyche.

Anyway, let's just hope it was a beat up.

ASADA grills Cronulla Sharks as part of drugs investigation
    Brad Forrest | March 6, 2013 1:47PM

CRONULLA Sharks' preparations for their opening home game on Sunday were disrupted after ASADA officials stepped up their national drugs in sport investigations this week.

Players and club officials were understood to be locked in interviews this afternoon over what knowledge they might have about the possible use and/or distribution of banned performance-enhancing substances – in particular during the 2011 NRL season.

When news got out about the players' meeting, the Sharks' Wednesday morning training session was effectively blocked from the media and any other onlookers, with the session going ahead behind closed gates.

Fairfax Media understands the meeting was the latest in a number of player meetings, which didn't involve coach Shane Flanagan or any club officials.

A spokesman said the club had no comment "at this stage" about the investigations.

It is believed ASADA has interviewed six players as well as club officials and it is expected the interviews will continue on Thursday.

The Sharks have cancelled a club promotion on Wednesday night due to the disruptions caused by the ASADA investigation.

Cronulla open their NRL campaign against the Titans at Sharks Stadium on Sunday night.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...306-2fkoi.html

So one Month on, they're investigating one Club, and only a handful of people at that. That's meant to justify the stunt they pulled..

Sorry, i'm not buying it. I'll raise the same questions again in 5 months time (like I mentioned earlier in this thread) and see where we're at with it..