Default Inside The Sniper's Nest At Last Year's Super Bowl

Inside The Sniper's Nest At Last Year's Super Bowl

Robert Johnson | Feb. 3, 2013, 6:24 PM

These pictures surfaced just hours after Lucas Oil Stadium hosted last year's Super Bowl XLVI.

Unknown to fans watching the biggest sporting event of the year, there was also at least one well-equipped sniper in attendance.

The rifle is mounted on a tripod manufactured by Alamo Four Star, and they posted the pictures online never imagining they'd become as popular as they did.

We talked to Alamo and confirmed that's an Indianapolis SWAT team member manning a custom built Remington M700 in a XLR Industries chassis, sitting atop an Alamo Four Star DCLW shooting tripod.

Alamo received the photos from a ranking member of the SWAT team and said their tripod has a locking mechanism that grabs the rail of the rifle without scratching or damaging the surface.

No reason to think there's not another one just like it set up in New Orleans right now.

Source: www.businessinsider.com

Here's hoping our game never transcends into something that will require action of this calibre.

Thats incredible , awesome pic's thanks mate.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Here's hoping our game never transcends into something that will require action of this calibre.
    Nice pun..

..........and agree with what you said. It would freak me out if I saw this at a game. Not knowing if he was was one of the good guys....or he was a good guy and he saw his missus in the crowd with her lover.

I am twisted.

Perfect solution to a poor refereeing decision.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Perfect solution to a poor refereeing decision.
    well said
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Cool pics , has been around for a while at all big events in the US as far as i know, since 911.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Geesh, never actually considered snipers would be around in such events. Opportunities are endless apparently. Cool photos though!
    Aiming for the title farthest away fan

I often tell my sons when a player pulls a hamstring that the sniper has got him...now I have proof!