• O?DWYER Luke

0 0%
  • RANKIN Jordan

0 0%
  • SRAMA Matt

26 100.00%

Default Your Titans Forum Hooker - 2013

Your Titans Forum Hooker - 2013

Make a selection in the poll above for your Titans Hooker in 2013. Thread closes after one week.

2012 Choice: Matt Srama

Mother Thread

Discuss.

Srama for 80 without rotation.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

agree with titanic. although i didnt mind Falloon as an option for Srama to get a rest (i have no doubt he is fit enough, just mentally having a rest and re setting to close out the game is good for a young guy).

But with so many top line forwrds, we are wasting a valuable bench space.

with our forwards and inexperienced halves, we need to go all Broncos 1998-2000 - massive forwards just dominating other teams and giving such good field position to our young guys to work off.

imagine minichelle ridge ryan james and douglas coming on...4 starters in alot of teams.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    agree with titanic. although i didnt mind Falloon as an option for Srama to get a rest (i have no doubt he is fit enough, just mentally having a rest and re setting to close out the game is good for a young guy).

But with so many top line forwrds, we are wasting a valuable bench space.

with our forwards and inexperienced halves, we need to go all Broncos 1998-2000 - massive forwards just dominating other teams and giving such good field position to our young guys to work off.

imagine minichelle ridge ryan james and douglas coming on...4 starters in alot of teams.
    White ahead of Minichiello

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    White ahead of Minichiello
    yep, your right.

yep, you're both right.

Yeah, the 2 hooker rotation must go. It's srama and he must lift.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Yeah, the 2 hooker rotation must go. It's srama and he must lift.
    Has he had a bad game or ever let the team down? I can't remember a single instance. I haven't even heard a supporter of another team say a bad word about him.

If Srama can develop a bit of a kicking game - even just the occasional grubber - then he'll be unstoppable and will be Cam Smith's heir apparent to the Qld #9

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    Has he had a bad game or ever let the team down? I can't remember a single instance. I haven't even heard a supporter of another team say a bad word about him.

If Srama can develop a bit of a kicking game - even just the occasional grubber - then he'll be unstoppable and will be Cam Smith's heir apparent to the Qld #9
    he does need to do better decisions from dummy half and work on delivering the ball a bit better. He isn't up to a standard where others in the comp are.

Nothing experience cant fix.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I think if Srama is playing 80 minutes or close to that, we also need better service out of dummy half from our number 1. It is something Billy Slater has improved in recent seasons to spell Cam Smith for a set or two coming into half time. I do like Falloon though and think he provided some spark on occasions last season. I reckon with our young and inexperienced halves we will need to have extra cover on the bench for the 6, 7 and 9 and Falloon's the man to do that. There will be times when having both Srama and Falloon on the field at the same time will pay dividends.
    Last edited by Supergoose; 03-02-13 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Typed wrong thing

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Yeah at times Falloon provided spark off the bench and scored tries himself which is what the team needed at times. But i think Srama will be big in the future and the more game time he gets the better. And i agree with Teke about delivering the ball better from dummy half. He looks a bit dodgy at times and is a tad slow getting the ball out so he needs to work on that a bit and eventually it will become second nature to him. But that something that can be fixed easily.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

I think that our play the balls are scratchy at times ... just like our ball security is often suicidal, some of our players like Minichiello, Idris and Bird are very careless playing the ball which doesn't help delivery.

Stama is a fan favourite but now we don't have Prince directing the team around the paddock, hopefully he quickly learns good decision making around the ruck...the more time on the paddock will give him more experience for the back end of the year.

Having three rookies in the spine will be a challenge for Carty...its a forward dominated side but you don't want all forwards controlling the decision making on the paddock.

I'm hoping the 9,7 and 6 develop a strong relationship.