Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Is it a white or pink ribbon? Im confused.
    Sorry Brad & Cwhiz but it is a White ribbon my mistake couldn't see the colour on my phone , still happy to support it lost my Dad to Lung Cancer.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Don't like the jersey don't like the sponsor wouldn't wear it but I don't know why u would class the "Symbol" as political , I'll guess u are one of the lucky one's not to be Touched by Breast Cancer
    Sorry to use you as the example Pete, but you illustrate my point perfectly.

You aren't even aware of what the symbol is, but you are "championing" the "cause". Nothing against you, but this is what I am talking about. Sorry mate, but it isn't breast cancer awareness, and also, just because I don't want it on a jersey doesn't make me against it. You have shown one of the reasons why, and I hope this helps you understand my point.

If I want to add a ribbon to my jersey to show what I support, it should be my choice.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 02-02-13 at 12:00 PM.

Sorry Brad & Cwhiz but it is a White ribbon my mistake couldn't see the colour on my phone , still happy to support it lost my Dad to Lung Cancer.
    Haha, we are playing forum tag!

I'm pretty sure it's a white ribbon for Stop Male Violence Against Women.

Nothing wrong with that (well, actually, I do have a small problem with it, but that's another thread ), but again, you show another problem I have with this sort of thing. Some people have causes that are close to their hearts, and some causes they don't support at all, or might not even agree with.

Again, I just don't think it should be something that goes on a jersey, and quite possibly it won't be on a supporters jersey, so it won't even be an issue. Just an opinion I have, and I am sharing it. Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Sorry to use you as the example Pete, but you illustrate my point perfectly.

You aren't even aware of what the symbol is, but you are "championing" the "cause". Nothing against you, but this is what I am talking about. Sorry mate, but it isn't breast cancer awareness, and also, just because I don't want it on a jersey doesn't make me against it. You have shown one of the reasons why, and I hope this helps you understand my point.

If I want to add a ribbon to my jersey to show what I support, it should be my choice.
    As I said above mate couldn't see the colour on my phone , 22' screen works much better now , still happy to show support for any Cancer awareness but I understand your point mate

Still wouldn't buy one
    #itaintweaktospeak

Pete, sorry to hear about your Dad and I think everyone has been touched or knows someone who has been affected by breast cancer and/or plenty of other causes. For the record, I am not against causes. We should all support the things we believe in, and I think we all agree that cancer is the real c word.

Back on topic, the jersey still looks pretty crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Haha, we are playing forum tag!

I'm pretty sure it's a white ribbon for Stop Male Violence Against Women.

Nothing wrong with that (well, actually, I do have a small problem with it, but that's another thread ), but again, you show another problem I have with this sort of thing. Some people have causes that are close to their hearts, and some causes they don't support at all, or might not even agree with.

Again, I just don't think it should be something that goes on a jersey, and quite possibly it won't be on a supporters jersey, so it won't even be an issue. Just an opinion I have, and I am sharing it. Cheers mate.
    White also represents Lung Cancer , what color represents Violence against men , I seen plenty of guys fearing their wives out there
    #itaintweaktospeak

White also represents Lung Cancer , what color represents Violence against men , I seen plenty of guys fearing their wives out there
    I'm pretty sure it's for White Ribbon/Stop Male Violence Against Women because Hindy is an ambassador for it, and pretty sure Gallen is too, among other NRL players.

Rhetorically, how would you/others feel if it was the multi-coloured Gay/Les ribbon, among other options? Equally chuffed to have it on the jersey? I am sure there are some who would agree it's a worthy cause, but I am not one of them. No problems with it, but I don't have any interest in supporting it and like any other cause, don't really want it on an NRL jersey, or at least not a supporters jersey, which it may not be.

AFL are having a gay round. No joke.

I think just promote a cause around a game or round, offer ribbons for sale. I guess they get the visibility on tv, that's what they are after.

Will the ribbon be on the retail version or just player versions?

ARL should have done a seperate press release on the Kangaroos jersey exclusively with more back ground on the ribbon, including its colour and meaning.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I think just promote a cause around a game or round, offer ribbons for sale. I guess they get the visibility on tv, that's what they are after.

Will the ribbon be on the retail version or just player versions?

ARL should have done a seperate press release on the Kangaroos jersey exclusively with more back ground on the ribbon, including its colour and meaning.
    I'm pretty sure that it's Round 1 through to Round 23
    #itaintweaktospeak

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

So, when the ground announcer says, "And now both teams are coming out....." we all know what's going on, right?

Back on topic ... we have been infiltrated by the gAyFL with those jersey designs ... they are definitely the result of some stumper tapping away with his lacquered fingernails on a puce keyboard while humming manfully ...

"Good old Collingwood forever, we know how to play the game. Bent over back we stick together ... "
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Bahaha