Default Peter Sterling on Fox Sports

Peter Sterling insists his new Fox Sports program is not competing with 'The Footy Show'

PETER Sterling insists his new Thursday night rugby league program on Fox Sports will not be in competition with The Footy Show - the Channel Nine staple he helped pioneer almost 20 years ago.

Speaking for the first time about the simply named Sterlo, the leading commentator detailed an hour-long preview show alongside regular panellists Matthew Johns and Greg Alexander. The program will be aired live from 7.30pm - an hour before The Footy Show, which moves to a new time-lost this year.

``Sterling's new program will be shown from 6.30pm for the first month of the season to accommodate Thursday night football.We're not in competition with The Footy Show at all,'' Sterling said. ``I am hoping there can be some cross-promotion between the two programs. Nine has been gracious in letting me do this, and my commitments with them do not change at all. This just complements them. This show is a comprehensive, in-depth look at each of the eight games. We've got some great rugby league knowledge to tap into. We won't always see eye to eye, but we'll be going into the analysis of games like nobody has seen before.''

Fox Sports boss Gary Burns, who helped create The Footy Show during the mid-1990s, said any perceptions of the program being in competition with Nine were unfounded. ``We are not,'' he said. ``There's no comedy in our show, it is a football show. I don't think they will care about what we are doing. We think there's a need for this type of program. With all the focus on fantasy leagues, tipping competitions and growth of sports betting, there is a real interest in exactly how your team will go at the weekend. The best person on Earth to drive that type of show is Peter.''

While preview shows have been done before, Fox Sports will attempt to take the analysis deeper than before. Executives remain tight-lipped but it is believed revolutionary simulation technology is being worked on behind the scenes. Johns and Alexander - who alongside Sterling are considered among the best football analysts around - will be joined by a revolving panel of former players that includes Nathan Hindmarsh, Wendell Sailor and Brett Kimmorley.

``Preview shows have been done before, but this will be analysis that will be as in-depth as possible,'' Sterling said. Why teams can win, why they can't, and going behind the scenes as much as possible. The show will evolve as the season goes on.''

Amid well-publicised financial problems, it emerged last year that Nine would share its on-air talent with Fox Sports throughout this season. Paul Vautin and Phil Gould were touted as those who would be shared, but it is understood that only Sterling will have a foot in both camps.

Meanwhile, Sterling said he had no choice in his nickname being used as the title. ``That is a bit presumptuous,'' he laughed. ``I was told the graphics have been done, so I don't have a choice.''

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Good stuff. We need more shows that talk footy.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Speaking for the first time about the simply named Sterlo, the leading commentator detailed an hour-long preview show alongside regular panellists Matthew Johns and Greg Alexander.
    I haven't even heard anything about this but thats a great three to start with.

Sterlo is a genuine expert of the game & I look forward to watching it weekly
    #itaintweaktospeak

I always looked forward to listening to him on Sunday footy show. I'll be watching for sure. He much better then some if the other footy muppets on tv.

Old Parra Fan, still think he is awesome,
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Love Snork. A serious operater.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

this is the one show besides top gear that will be series linked on the foxtel box

He would do well tuning in here because this is where he can get a library of quality opinion.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.