Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

gone none
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I joined the forum one before the spots filled up. Had a decent team but now that team lists got announced, will have to work on it yet again...

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    I joined the forum one before the spots filled up. Had a decent team but now that team lists got announced, will have to work on it yet again...
    I had to cut 6 from my team once they were announced.
    Mostly fillers, but a couple I really thought would be starting.

I'm pretty happy with my team, except I feel a bit light in the second row. May have to cut my expensive lock to fit in a couple mid rangers.

Ah, that moment when you check your dream team after round one and see that someone who didn't make your 17 scored 64 points, while the person who IS in your side scored 8.

Ahh that's a shame! haha. How did everyone go in round 1? I'm sitting on 1121 right now unless scores get updated again.

Shame I missed out on the Titans forum comp, but anyway, I'm sitting on 1120 points after round 1. Happy with that but bloody Jacob Miller and Jack Wighton scored next to nothing for me .
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 12-03-13 at 09:50 AM.

My scored has been revised down this afternoon - 1108 now.

Yeah same, mine is now 1118. You must have a killer squad then! If you had someone other than Miller, you'd be right up there! I think the person coming first overall is on about 1300.

Wrong captain in Parker and the Princess took his kicking too :-(
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

1045 Jamal and horo not much

Is this thing going around again in 2014?

I've never played SC before but assume it works pretty much the same as DT????

Seems like it is more popular on here.

NRL Fantasy club profile: Titans
    By Lone Scout
    NRL.com
    7:00am Wed 22nd January, 2014

A great bye schedule and the raw talent of the enigmatic Dave Taylor make the Gold Coast Titans an intriguing Holden NRL Fantasy prospect this season.

Fantasy Guns

Boom halves pairing Aiden Sezer ($398,200) and Albert Kelly ($319,100) were both terrific fantasy buys last season but don't come cheap this time around. Sezer's consistency and goal-kicking ability means he's likely to remain a strong 50-point player, although there are other halves in Fantasy with similar scoring potential and lower price tags.

The Gold Coast's bye draw means their Origin representatives will miss at least five games in seven weeks in the middle part of the season, making the likes of Nate Myles and Greg Bird players to avoid. That leaves big Dave Taylor ($306,300) as possibly the Titans' best sleeper this year. He's never really found the consistency to compliment his obvious talent but with Jamal Idris no longer at the club the Gold Coast genuinely need their other enigmatic giant to be at his best in 2014. Could this finally be Taylor's year?

Value Buys

Former Panther Brad Tighe ($166,900) has replaced Idris at the club and could benefit from playing outside a very strong pack and the Titans' talented halves. He'll start the season much cheaper than his new centre partner Maurice Blair ($246,700). Speedster David Mead ($229,500) is a natural attacking talent and could benefit from the new fantasy scoring system if he achieves his goal of toppling William Zillman as the Titans' first-choice fullback this year.

Cash Cows

The Gold Coast have some quality youngsters coming through the ranks. Back-row recruit Paul Carter ($107,000) is a former under-20s star with the Bulldogs and has been compared to Greg Bird, while Christian Hazard ($107,000) arrives from Souths and is a chance of getting a halves spot should Sezer or Kelly succumb to injury. The pair are unlikely to start in Round 1 but will be names to keep an eye out for down the track.

Titans player prices
    Aidan Sezer (HLF) $398,200
    Albert Kelly (HLF) $319,100
    Nate Myles (2RF, FRF) $315,400
    David Taylor (2RF) $306,300
    Greg Bird (2RF, HLF) $300,800
    Luke Douglas (FRF) $299,800
    Luke Bailey (FRF) $287,100
    Ashley Harrison (2RF) $272,600
    Mark Minichiello (2RF) $270,900
    Ryan James (FRF, 2RF) $267,300
    William Zillman (WFB) $257,400
    Maurice Blair (CTR) $246,700
    Beau Falloon (HOK) $243,100
    Beau Henry (HLF) $237,000
    Matt Srama (HOK) $233,800
    David Mead (WFB) $229,500
    Kevin Gordon (WFB) $198,900
    Ben Ridge (2RF) $182,300
    Brad Tighe (CTR, WFB) $166,900
    Kalifa Faifai Loa (WFB) $158,300
    Brad Takairangi (2RF (CTR) $156,200
    Mark Ioane (FRF) $155,400
    Anthony Don (WFB) $144,500
    Sam Irwin (HOK) $121,000
    Matthew White (FRF) $108,500
    Jordan Atkins (WFB) $107,000
    Siuatonga Likiliki (CTR, WFB) $107,000
    Luke Page (FRF, 2RF) $107,000
    Steve Michaels (CTR) $107,000
    Jamie Dowling (WFB (2RF) $107,000
    Shane Gray (2RF) $107,000
    Jahrome Hughes (WFB) $107,000
    Paul Carter (2RF) $107,000
    Christian Hazard (HLF) $107,000
    Tom Kingston (2RF) $107,000
    #itaintweaktospeak

Dave Taylor and Greg Bird will both be making my team. Just gotta remember to rotate through to cover Origin this year. Haha, that really crippled my party last year.

So, when does SC start? Is anyone making a Titans league/comp?

It will be a bit hard for Atkins and Gray to play for us now that they have left. Shane Gray has gone to Newcastle and Atkins is with the London Broncos.

Beginners guide to Holden NRL Fantasy
    By Lone Scout
    NRL.com
    8:24am Fri 24th January, 2014

Love footy but want more out of the game? Holden NRL Fantasy is what you need.

Not only will it make the NRL more fun to watch, it'll improve your knowledge of the game. You'll know all the game's best rookies, and which player is the hardest working defender at your club.

And you can win money doing it.

Like all great games, NRL Fantasy is simple to pick up but a challenge to master. To start, sign up for free and pick your own squad of 25 players. You can pick any player from any NRL club, so long as you stick to the $6.2 million salary cap. Your squad will feature five wingers/fullbacks, four centres, four halves, six second-rowers, four front-rowers and two hookers.

Next step is to join a league – or as many leagues as you like – with friends, family or colleagues who you'll battle for NRL Fantasy supremacy every week of the NRL season. Each round you'll pick a 17-man team to take the field, and your players will be awarded points for how they perform in real life – one point per tackle, two per offload, eight per try, and so on (see the bottom of this article for the full scoring system).

If you outscore your match-up in your head-to-head league, you'll take the two competition points and move a step closer to your league's finals series.

Player prices will change from week to week depending on how they perform, and you get 34 trades during the season to allow you to gradually build the ultimate team.

But it's not just about beating your buddies. All NRL Fantasy teams will compete for the $20,000 major prize – plus an NRL Grand Final experience – at the end of the season, with $500 also going to the top weekly scorer of every NRL round.

Want more? Play Fantasy mini-games for the Australia-New Zealand Test match and each State of Origin match. Or play NRL Fantasy Draft – a standalone game in which the teams in your league pick their squads in a live online draft, with each player belonging to one single team, and you trade players with other teams throughout the year.

Don't know which players to buy? I'm here to help. Check in on NRL.com throughout the year for Fantasy hints and tips from me, the Lone Scout, and stay up to date with the latest Fantasy news by following me on Twitter or Facebook, or subscribe to Fantasy Coach within the game itself for the inside word on the most popular trades, player price movements and more.

Getting Fantasy Coach also gives you other perks, like being able to change the size and format of your head-to-head league.

So what are you waiting for? Get your mates involved and register for Holden NRL Fantasy now.

2014 Holden NRL Fantasy scoring system
    - Try: 8 points
    - Goal: 2 points
    - Field Goal: 5 points
    - Try Assist: 5 points
    - Line Break: 4 points
    - Line Break Assist: 2 points
    - Tackle Break: 3 points
    - Offload: 2 points
    - 40/20 kick: 4 points
    - Tackle: 1 point
    - Try Save: 5 points