Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

get rid of the recruitment scouts and the coast would be a force..Sam Gee watched Sam on the coast for years but how he stays in the team aint really a mystery.Need some ball playing forwards and there are some in the wings waiting for a chance but when your main scout runs the water what do you expect.Breed some of the 18s they have got some good players in both sides!!!

Guys, thanks for the up-date. It sounds very frustrating but one thing for certain if you don't keep mentioning it nobody will know. There are many of us who appreciate your efforts and eventually management will get a chance to deal with some of that I'm sure.

Why am I sure sitting all the way over here in China? Because rugby league clubs can only take poor results for so long and sooner rather than later the senior recruitment team is going to be held accountable. Accountability hasn't been our strong point and so not everything can be fixed at once but all the signs are there for some of the apathy and comfort zones to be removed.

Keep at it mate, there are many who very much appreciate it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by neranga View Post
    get rid of the recruitment scouts and the coast would be a force..Sam Gee watched Sam on the coast for years but how he stays in the team aint really a mystery.Need some ball playing forwards and there are some in the wings waiting for a chance but when your main scout runs the water what do you expect.Breed some of the 18s they have got some good players in both sides!!!
    You are right about the 18's Neranga, they were on show yesterday at Runaway Bay. Even though GC Green in MM struggled yesterday, they have some real talent. Best in MM yesterday from both teams included Shaun Hudson, Tim Wolens, Jackson Clarke, Sam Swift.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    You are right about the 18's Neranga, they were on show yesterday at Runaway Bay. Even though GC Green in MM struggled yesterday, they have some real talent. Best in MM yesterday from both teams included Shaun Hudson, Tim Wolens, Jackson Clarke, Sam Swift.
    the loss of swifty really was a big loss for green MM,I wish they would of pushed Oshae or Coleman into the right edge cos that side has leaked so many points so far.Oshae had never played 5/8 ever and did well for the team but was picked as a lock,prop sec row and never got to play there.My young fella has not been picked at all and his confidence has been dented but told him work hard and keep your head up!!!

Immortal

Sorry to hear about your boy, but great advice.

Immortal

Unfortunately losses for both Seagulls and Burleigh Colts sides today. Both sides have only won one out of four. One positive is that after yesterdays MM games at Runaway Bay GC White is in second and should make semi's. Maybe after the conclusion of the MM competition, some can be considered for NYC. Names like hooker, Aaron Booth, centre Sean Hudson, half Daniel Schwass, second row Jackson Clarke and the Pelo boys are some to think of, but too many at once is probably not a great way to go until the season is totally gone. GC Green has their share of talented players as well, including centre Zac Spring, half Sam Grant, backrowers Sam Swift and Anthony Coleman. One of the best players in GC Green is a young backrower from NZ Lamar- Manuel Liolevave, not sure but I believe that Wests Tiges have him signed up pity but there are a lot of talented local boys that we need to keep and develop into the best young men and players they can be. Forgot front rower Iodice as well.
    Last edited by mdrew; 07-04-13 at 03:42 PM.

Immortal

Two other names to consider are Ipswich boys Tavita Folau and Lorenzo Vogel, both are wingers with talent.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by neranga View Post
    the loss of swifty really was a big loss for green MM,I wish they would of pushed Oshae or Coleman into the right edge cos that side has leaked so many points so far.Oshae had never played 5/8 ever and did well for the team but was picked as a lock,prop sec row and never got to play there.My young fella has not been picked at all and his confidence has been dented but told him work hard and keep your head up!!!
    I have felt sorry for Oshae all year as well, hard playing of of position at 5/8, thought he has made in impact running the ball though. There is no one who tries harder

he will be right mate advice from us as parents means nothing to the kids,they want to hear it from everyone else.lol.Another kid I think is a massive talent is Max Elliot the kid is as tough as they come,I agree with most of the kids you have mentioned Mdrew bar Zac Spring.He is fast but maybe needs to work really hard on defence and being shifted to wing may be better for him.But I really think we have some great juniors I just wish the people that matter can keep them!!!

Immortal

Hey he is a talent, they breed them tough in the country, his younger brother is not bad either. Another young guy I was impressed by was Tim Wolens for GC White, a solid young frontrower. I would be interested in your opinion of Rhys Duke and Keanu Rimene, Rhys especially I think is hard worker.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Hey he is a talent, they breed them tough in the country, his younger brother is not bad either. Another young guy I was impressed by was Tim Wolens for GC White, a solid young frontrower. I would be interested in your opinion of Rhys Duke and Keanu Rimene, Rhys especially I think is hard worker.
    Yeah Keanu is safe without being spectacular,Dukey is been one of my favorite players in this age group for a while.Think he will do well if given the chance as well as Tim if he aint still with the BRONCS!!

Immortal

Mitch Sharp to make his debut this week off the bench. A good young front rower. Played well in MM last year and solid so far in colts this time around. Congratulations Mitch

Just a question, what under 20's should we retain for next season for our NRL squad because I read earlier this week that the Roosters wanted Jahrome Hughes back?

Quote Originally Posted by a flash of gordon View Post
    Just a question, what under 20's should we retain for next season for our NRL squad because I read earlier this week that the Roosters wanted Jahrome Hughes back?
    Saw that in the RLW too via Moley. Apparently we've retained him though

Immortal

Jahrome Hughes is talented, just not sure of his best position to be honest. Still eligible next year for NYC I believe, others to consider for NRL squad, would include Hymel Hunt and Matt Beddow obviously, with Kurtis McDonald one to watch. Zac Friend will probably need a year or two in Qcup, but would also be worth keeping an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Saw that in the RLW too via Moley. Apparently we've retained him though