Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Immortal

No, like the last couple of seasons we seem to lack options in the halves. Kane will be better for playing last year (even though still eligible for U18's). He is very talented but has to learn (like most young playmkers) when to run and when to pass. Jamal struggled in defence both in the halves and at fullback. I fear that Matt will be needed to play 5/8, instead of half. Don't get me wrong, he is a more than capable 5/8, but his future is that of a half back. We have some talented MM boys in the halves, I would expect someone like Nathan Wilson to push up from U18's if the team struggles early on.

Just looking at the updated profiles looks like the titans may have a few big boppers this year something that we really lacked last year was size

Immortal

The two "new names" in the team list for the NYC trial against the Bronco's are 16 Matt Applebee and 23 Seti Launiuvao. Matt Applebee was part of the Penrith SG Ball squad last year. Seti Launiuvao was part of the Roosters SG Ball squad and is from the Ipswich region originally. We seem to have hade some in roads into the Ipswich region of late.

I am very pleased to see some positive movement in this squad.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I am very pleased to see some positive movement in this squad.
    Totally agree and was needed after last year performance

And thanks mdrew for the information it's been great

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Totally agree and was needed after last year performance

And thanks mdrew for the information it's been great

It has been fantastic , nice to have someone giving us some "Real & informative" news
    #itaintweaktospeak

Why is the fullback imported from the UK, who trains with the first grade squad, playing on the....wing?!

Immortal

Unfortunately he has dropped a lot of ball

Hey MD could you give us your insight into how this team is going, please?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

behind early vs broncs 4-0

back to 4-4

titans 10-4

broncs won 28-22 with an 18yo halfback scoring 3 tries and 4 goals

Immortal

yet another horrific loss - do not worry we will send out the same side next week for the same result

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Hey MD could you give us your insight into how this team is going, please?
    Unfortunately Titanic, not good. After a very good preseason and solid win in round 1, things have gone down hill. You can probably excuse the effort against Canberra because of the conditions but not against Manly, the second half against Penrith and a dissapointing effort against the Bronco's. Last year we blooded a number of younger players and I expected that it would make a difference this year, sadly not to be. It is too early to say boys like Sam Harrold and Jahrome Hughes won't shine though. After the Bronco's scored late you could see the heads drop. One of the problems is depth, the Seagulls and Burleigh Colts are struggling and no one is putting thier hand up to demand inclusion. We continue to play boys out of position, Matt Beddow is a half back not a 5/8. At the U18 level, the GC sides are sitting second and third, but we have brought young boys up before, do we do it again? Unfortunately the bigger issue though is that some of the better performed boys are Tigers contracted due to Keebra Park. Also even the really good one's contracted to us including James Iodice, Anthony Coleman, will they actually play with us, or be signed away by the Roosters and bronco's, look through the their NYC sides are you wil see what I mean. Going further down, some of the more talented U16's are already with the bronco's, fingers croseed for boys like Keanu Dawson etc. The article in the Bulliten about us looking to Fiji notes something along the lines of the Titans doing a good job on the coast, I beg to differ. If the club disagrees, feel free to let us know who our Juniors are. To finish, poor Hymel Hunt, he is the stand out and can not get a game in first grade, give him a go, look how Matt Srama and Ryan James etc went when we gave them a chance. Rant over, unfortunately it will not make a difference, I will try to keep pumping up our Juniors, the club will not.