Junior Titan

Default Queensland Cup feeder team question

What is the process in working out what and who goes back to either Burleigh or Tweed when Titans make the final cut.Do Burleigh and Tweed make request for say outside backs or forwards.Can someone enlighten me please.Last year watched Tweed and Burleigh play at piggabean ,tweed looked to be the Titans seconds and Burleigh from memory had rankin, dowling and michaels.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

im pretty sure each player in the titans has a feeder club of their choosing...so between burleigh tweed and whoever else.
    If the player is not chosen in the titans 17 then they are then become available for their feeder team. so then it becomes up to the feeder club coach if they play or not. maybe diehard will give you a more detailed explanation later on)

Junior Titan

Diehard do you know how the club feeder system works.Currently the titans have roughly a 50 man training squad which gets cut to about 25 .Who says what player goes back to what side.

Hi there Big Bear.

I'll do my best to answer your question as best I understand it. I've also asked some of the mods to chime in as well, because I think a few of them would know more than I do.

The reasons why players are put to certain clubs is a mystery to me and one we could ask David to answer or get the answer for us. Obviously comes from the footy department and Cartwright. Do the needs of the feeder team come into play? Titan player perference? Where they live? Where they played junior footy? Or is it just a more straight forward arrangement?

This year we dont have the Ipswich Jets so just Burleigh and Tweed Heads, which simplifies things alot.

They are certainly our feeder teams and the excess players after selecting our weekly squad is then provided to the feeder teams. Which can be a double edged sword for the feeder teams, as they appreciate the classy players but it disrupts the team and also disrupts positions.

Pretty much you have asked a question I'm interested in as well! And in 2013 Id like more of a focus on the Queensland Cup and we have the announcement of what players are allocated to which feeder teams to look forward to.

I've sent an email and asked the question, I'll post my reply later on. Thanks for asking a good Q Big Bear!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

Look forward to the answer Diehard.Looking at how many are in the Titans training squad right now ,it means when a cut is made a lot of players will be going back to Tweed or Burleigh.It could be interesting if Tweed & Burleigh coaches think that they would rather use some of the squad which has been training all the pre season with them instead of some of the cut Titans players.If that is the case some players could see themselves going from Titans preseason training to playing reserve grade. Wouldnt that bruse some egos.

Mr John Cartwright was nice enough to send this across to us.

Hi Brad, it?s a pretty simple system, all players are allocated a club which will be done in the next couple of weeks. This is done after consulting with the respective coaches. We do try to keep junior players with there clubs, Rankin goes to Burleigh, Odwyer to Seagulls etc.

Once we select our 18 players for the week, the ones who are not selected go back to the feeder clubs, they generally get one training session back there.
    Its not a perfect system but it keeps all our squad playing at the best possible standard each week.

Hope that helps.

John Cartwright
    Head Coach

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I guess when the allocations are announced we can further scrutinise.

Junior Titan

Default Qcup feeder rules

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I guess when the allocations are announced we can further scrutinise.
    Diehard what a quote~Its not a perfect system but it keeps all our squad playing at the best possible standard each week.Does this mean when these players go back they automaticilly go straight into the Q cup starting side or does the Qcup coach have the right to say no they are not starting i want them coming off the bench.Reason is i am happy with my starting 13 who have been playing well together.Plus i dont want the disruption. Wonder what are the stipulations the Qcup coaches have to work under.