Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I suppose I'm attacking the refs from a NRL perspective...the comments about Carty are from a Titans perspective.
    This week shows a higher percentage of fans having a stronger opinion of our coaching inability.

It's about time players lost faith in our gameplan...maybe the new recruits for this year actually think for themselves.
    Coaches get fired when teams quit on them.

The Warriors have quit on Elliot - he is a dead man walking but what options does that club have left. You want to talk about a culture problem, this club has that in spades!!! Who in their right mind would walk in and coach at that joint??

There are deep rifts at the Wests Tigers where a new coach is being terribly undermined by senior players. In particular one who was benched.

The Eels quit on Kearney last year and turned it around straight away with some other nuffie in charge.

This happens in every sport. In the AFL the Demons have quit on there coach and two years ago the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NFL) spectacularly quit on their coach leading to the sort of results that we are seeing from the Warriors, Demons and Tigers.

We aren't at that level, there is no quit in our team and we don't want that. It is why management needs to be proactive in ensuring they maintain a fresh playing environment. I'm not sure who it was who mentioned it earlier but the spectre of Michael Searle still looms large over our club. I mean seriously, how does he retain the position of football manager or whatever the hell he is???

I didn't watch really closely on Friday night - I was up in some corner seats with a lot of beers under my belt with a whole bunch of friends who were into me all night and I was hardly impressed.

Searle holds his position because he OWNS the club and there is nothing any amount of ranting can do about that. If he is in dispute with May and Cartwright supports him then we are truly in deep pooh.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    C whiz forced me to eat some crazy foul smelling pork crisp things... 'They are good protein' 'good fats in them' 'salt content is a bit high...' tasted ok in the end, but as i started eating them the penalties came...and came and came. Turns out the pork crisps would finish as a highlight of the night.
    Haha, genuinely lol'd at this. Seriously, apart from blocking your arteries and giving you high blood pressure, they are really good for you! What about the sh!tty potato things you made me eat on the way home.

c Whiz casually mentiosnhe thought last time he was there it was a gay bar...
    Haha, funnily enough we left because they didn't sell the type of cider we wanted! Yep, we are way to tough for that bar! That's why I didn't renew my membership!

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Mead out for 6-8 weeks minimum, jaw is basically shattered. Had two operations and inserted bigger titanium plates in.

With all the whinging from them about high shots he copped 2, the one that broke his jaw was high contact with shoulder.

Ok...Dave broke his jaw last yr, he drove himself to hospital (1st wtf), he broke his jaw a few weeks ago, gf drove him to hospital(2nd wtf)...fri night (.....)

Duty of care?
    This is bad on every level, don't even know where to start. He was one of the few regular shining stars of the team. Hope his jaw ends up ok. All the best to him mate.

Since he's out for a while, and since I'm not even that keen on traveling to Skilled at the moment, why don't we look at a round of golf over the next couple of weeks? I'll even shout Meady a few extra golf balls.
    Who is in for Tallai again? or any other suggestions?? Sunday June 2nd before Cows game?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Haha, genuinely lol'd at this. Seriously, apart from blocking your arteries and giving you high blood pressure, they are really good for you! What about the sh!tty potato things you made me eat on the way home.

Haha, funnily enough we left because they didn't sell the type of cider we wanted! Yep, we are way to tough for that bar! That's why I didn't renew my membership!

This is bad on every level, don't even know where to start. He was one of the few regular shining stars of the team. Hope his jaw ends up ok. All the best to him mate.

Since he's out for a while, and since I'm not even that keen on traveling to Skilled at the moment, why don't we look at a round of golf over the next couple of weeks? I'll even shout Meady a few extra golf balls.
    Who is in for Tallai again? or any other suggestions?? Sunday June 2nd before Cows game?
    Took Teke to coplicks at talley and he liked it. U just get to use ur driver a bit more than Tallai, which is fun.

But I'm happy either way. Golf is good. Golf with u lads is better. And if we play before the cows game, we will still be optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Took Teke to coplicks at talley and he liked it. U just get to use ur driver a bit more than Tallai, which is fun.

But I'm happy either way. Golf is good. Golf with u lads is better. And if we play before the cows game, we will still be optimistic.
    Yep, I'm in for Coplicks. Let's get another game organised in the golf thread....

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I'll even shout Meady a few extra golf balls
    If his jaw is wired shut then he couldn't complain about it anyway nor could he shout for you to duck.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.