Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 9 2013: TITANS vs DRAGONS

Gold Coast Titans vs St George-Illawarra Dragons
    Sunday May 12 3:00 PM - Skilled Park

Last edited by DIEHARD; 05-05-13 at 03:31 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Dugan set to finally sign deal with Dragons

Josh Dugan is on the verge of a return to the NRL after his manager met St George Illawarra officials on Wednesday to finalise a contract at the joint venture.

A source close to the deal told Fairfax Media that Dugan's manager, Paul Sutton, held talks with Dragons chief executive Peter Doust and recruitment manager Craig Young on Wednesday afternoon to finalise the details of the deal. The NRL is yet to receive the contract from the Dragons but it's understood St George Illawarra could announce his signing as early as Thursday to send the deal to the NRL for registration.

The NRL has given no guarantees it will sign off on the contract immediately, but the Dragons are hopeful of having the troubled fullback in their side for the round-nine clash with the Gold Coast Titans in just over a week's time. It's understood the deal is for the rest of 2013 as well as another two years, but there has been a delay in negotiations over a number of clauses in the contract.

The Dragons are way of Dugan bringing the club into disrepute with another off-field misdemeanour and are ensuring they are covering themselves with various clauses in the contract. The Dragons have been in negotiations with Dugan since the Broncos tore up their $2 million offer to the troubled former Raiders fullback a month ago.

Advertisement Dugan won't attract the $650,000-a-season he did at the Raiders before he was sacked but it is understood the Dragons are willing to fork out up to $1.5m for the next two-and-a-half years for his services. The deal was placed in jeopardy when allegations surfaced that Dugan had been involved in a brawl after a funeral in Canberra three weeks ago, but the 22-year-old has since denied any physical altercation.

The Dragons have also expressed some interest in dumped Canberra halfback Sam Williams, who will play for Mounties in the NSW Cup this weekend.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz2S25vFNWg

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Looks like we will face him.

Hope the NRL at least makes him sweat a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Looks like we will face him.
    Hopefully he has become very unfit and bloated and even if he did line up would have very little impact.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Hopefully he has become very unfit and bloated and even if he did line up would have very little impact.
    Yea slammed down a few 100 cruisers.

He'll be pumping with adrenaline and an even bigger chip on his shoulder. This is not good for us. The Dragons are another team we must beat, especially at home if we are to get back into the finals. The biggest concern is our flanks against theirs. If they get their second phase play going and Sowards kicking game is on Dugan, Morris and Nightingale will carve. Real danger game in our season.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Based on today's performance, which I havent seen, how are people feeling?

Titans v Dragons, should always be a big game and crowd. We have lots of history with them, including our first ever NRL match which we narrowly lost.

We all know as fans that the Dragons fans will come out in large numbers.

So here is my plug for tickets! CLICK HERE

Can anyone tell me why we are playing so many games on Sundays?
    Is it just luck of the draw or is it something the club requested?

Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post
    Can anyone tell me why we are playing so many games on Sundays?
    Is it just luck of the draw or is it something the club requested?
    I'd say it's all about the TV and Nine and Fox Sports taking their picks.

Do you like Sundays?

I'd say it's all about the TV and Nine and Fox Sports taking their picks.

Do you like Sundays?
    Normally I wouldn't mind, but my Sundays are ridiculously busy at the moment, and I am having to sacrifice getting through workload so I can watch games, as I have no way of recording them.
    I had a look forward a few weeks and see it is not going to get any better...

Personally I love Sundays as that is what I grew up with. The down side of it is if we were taken seriously as a challenger we would have been allocated a lot of Friday night games.

I would imagine the Titans will see years of this type of scheduling due to the Broncos ratings and Channel 9 continuing to slot them into Friday night matches. IMO it gives the Broncos a significant advantage due to having very few short turn-arounds or long breaks and enables them to get into a groove of consistency to their approach to matches.
    The Cowboys have their usual Saturday matches scheduled (which they request and love) and the Titans are treated like second class cousins and are slotted in to the leftover slots.
    I must say we are not the only club in this position but being only one of three QLD teams doesn't help IMO.
    The only way this will change is if we become the dominant NRL team from QLD in this competition.

Based on today's performance, which I havent seen, how are people feeling?
    Not very confident at all
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).