Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Gagai/Uate v O'Dwyer/Gordon (pulls bed covers over head)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Haha, my thoughts exactly. Gagai is a gun, he'll be a big boost for the Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Don't fear one thing about Chalky he can and will defend like a demon all day,and Gaigai has a little issue with being hit.

I read in another thread that David May had faith in our young talent coming through and we didn't need to buy a big name player in the back line.
    It was positive and would give our young guys confidence.

Yet, this week we see O'dywer named at centre.
    The guy is a hard defender in the middle but reading defense out wide with structured plays coming at you is another.
    I wont go into is attacking ability.

I feel O'dywer and Michaels are holding out the young guys May is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I read in another thread that David May had faith in our young talent coming through and we didn't need to buy a big name player in the back line.

The guy is a hard defender in the middle but reading defense out wide with structured plays coming at you is another.

I feel O'dywer and Michaels are holding out the young guys May is talking about.
    it is rare when i agree with you Chaos, but ur 100% right about holding young kids back.

it is a negative thought process to 'just hold them out' and pick a defender. we will never win back all of our fans if we dont go 'balls out' from time to time and show some faith.

Agreed.

I really thought this was going to be the week that Hymel would be given a shot.

I'm glad Don has been given a chance on the wing instead of Michaels though.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post

I forget who it was but someone said "50 bux on Odwyer giving away the first penalty with a leg pull in the Parra game" Lukes first tackle he got up with the opponents leg under his arm pit ...he should have been penalised
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    That was Shamus
    Yeah, but I would have blown my money, coz he got away with it.

Gagai is a gun because he was believed in by his coach and given an opportunity when Bennett had nothing to fall back on ... Hunt must be wondering what he has to do. O'Dwyer will be eaten alive and in his frustration will give away ridiculous penalties.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I havnt seen anything from Hunt yet that suggests he would be a better choice at left centre than even Odwyer
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I havnt seen anything from Hunt yet that suggests he would be a better choice at left centre than even Odwyer
    I haven't seen him do much either but everyone talks him up? Have i missed something or he only performs on days that i don't watch :P
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Im really worried about the Knights strike power. It can undo a lot of good work by the Titans in seconds. O'Dwyer shouldn't be a run on centre.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Agree with you mate but David has no say at all in team selection that is Cartys department only & this weekend may see his worst decision this season so far
    I'm confident Chalky will hold his own in the defensive line but his attacking ability will be a struggle & having an out of form Gordon his outside won't help..
    #itaintweaktospeak

If you guys watch the 20s you will see Hymel Hunt has shown no case for NRL selection. He has a poor attitude and floats in and out of games. All the talent in the world but he hasn't earned NRL selection yet and won't get a game until he does.

Quote Originally Posted by chicbarn View Post
    If you guys watch the 20s you will see Hymel Hunt has shown no case for NRL selection. He has a poor attitude and floats in and out of games. All the talent in the world but he hasn't earned NRL selection yet and won't get a game until he does.
    I've only seen a game or 2 and I thought he was very good. Plenty of line breaks, tackle breaks and a lot of promise on defence. Maybe I watched only his good games though..plus its hard to warrant NRL selection on NYC form.

I understand what you mean about the floating in and out though, there have been instances where he appears to go missing a bit. In the statistics we all like to see he seems to be dominating. Perhaps a lack of involvement is his hinderance for NRL selection.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Agree with you mate but David has no say at all in team selection that is Cartys department only & this weekend may see his worst decision this season so far
    I'm confident Chalky will hold his own in the defensive line but his attacking ability will be a struggle & having an out of form Gordon his outside won't help..
    There are a couple of ppl who have great influence over squad selection.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]