Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

"He's copped some outside criticism but a lot of people are not sure what is going on inside this place," Bailey (sic) said.
    This is not a good look at all.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Knights reject Kelly finally fulfilling potential

This time last year, gifted playmaker Albert Kelly was trying to resurrect his career in Newcastle after Knights coach Wayne Bennett threw the one-time boy wonder a lifeline.
    Now Bennett and the Knights are trying to plot his downfall as they prepare to tackle the Titans at Skilled Park on Sunday.
    After false starts at Parramatta, Cronulla and Newcastle, 22-year-old Kelly has steered the Titans to four wins from their first six games – the same record as the Knights – and appears to be fulfilling his potential under Gold Coast coach John Cartwright.
    Bennett gave Kelly another chance after the Sharks tore up his three-year contract in March last year. A cousin of South Sydney, Queensland and Australian superstar Greg Inglis, Kelly played a handful of NSW Cup games for the Knights in and around his commitments with Newcastle Rugby League club Central.
    Advertisement
    But the Knights ran out of patience and sacked him on June 28 after he appeared in Newcastle Local Court two days earlier and pleaded guilty to smashing a light at a nightclub on April 26.
    Despite Kelly's poor off-field disciplinary record, Cartwright gave the 2008 Australian Schoolboys representative a shot at redemption and he has made the most of the opportunity.
    Veteran Knights centre Timana Tahu, who helped initiate Kelly's move to Newcastle last year and still keeps in touch as a mentor, could not be happier for his friend and former clubmate.
    "Me and my manager, Warwick Wright, our company brought him here and it was great that Wayne gave him a chance to come here," Tahu said.
    "I think the main thing Wayne wanted to do was for him to stay in the NRL, because he's a talented kid and he's brought a lot of spark to the Titans. He's enjoying his footy at the moment and I'm happy for him."
    Tahu said Kelly had settled down since becoming a father. Kelly and his partner, Mtia Tass, have an eight-month-old daughter, Brida-Lee.
    "I never [doubted his ability], and that was probably the main reason why I wanted him up here with me," Tahu said.
    "I think he was in a bad place at the time, so it was good for him and his family – he's got a little daughter now – so I think he's in a happy place and I think he plays for his daughter as well.
    "What he's doing this year, he's done some freakish things and he's a dangerous player."
    Despite suffering what appeared to be a serious knee injury in Gold Coast's 32-12 loss to Brisbane on April 5, Kelly made a remarkable recovery to back up nine days later and score the go-ahead try in the Titans' come-from-behind 28-22 victory over his old club Parramatta.
    Although he would have preferred to see Kelly find his feet in Newcastle, Tahu said the Bowraville Tigers junior was surrounded by good people on the Gold Coast.
    "I think he probably needed a new change and the Titans have shown him some love, and he's loving it up there," he said.
    "I talk to him now and then, and my manager talks to him every couple of days, and he seems to be happy and seems to be enjoying his footy.
    "I think it's been a while, because he was in a dark place a couple of years ago at Cronulla, then when he came here it was more about looking after him, and him having the support of family and friends around him.
    "He's gone to the Gold Coast and they gave him a crack, and now he's paying the favour back by playing good footy.
    "There's a few indigenous boys up there – Preston Campbell, and Greg Bird's up there as well – and the Gold Coast is probably just a good place to be at too. So for him, he's concentrating on footy and his family is his number-one priority, so I'm happy for him."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz2REHhUnFe

Good to see Mini is getting another run. He had a good game against parra

The iSelect Gold Coast Titans have received a boost with key quartet Aidan Sezer, Matt Srama, Dave Taylor and Beau Falloon today named for Sunday’s Round 7 clash against the Newcastle Knights at Skilled Park.
    iSelect Titans Coach John Cartwright today named key playmaker Sezer (hamstring) and hooking duo Srama (shoulder) and Falloon (appendicitis) to return from injury/illness while Taylor has been named on the interchange bench in his return to first grade after being stood down on disciplinary grounds a fortnight ago.
    Sezer has missed the past two matches while Srama, Falloon and Taylor were absent from the club’s last start victory over the Eels at Skilled Park prior to last weekend’s representative bye weekend.
    Representative quartet Greg Bird (Australia), Nate Myles (Australia), Jamal Idris (Country Origin) and Ryan James (Country Origin) have all been included in the team to take on the Knights after coming through last weekend’s representative fixtures unscathed.
    In other team changes for the clash with the Knights, utility Luke O’Dwyer makes his return to the centres while centre Steve Michaels has been named as 18th man on an extended five-man interchange bench.
    Fans can purchase tickets to this weekend’s match and the club’s other remaining home matches for 2013 at reduced prices as part of the “Five Day Fan Frenzy” ticketing offer, with savings of up to 30 per cent for tickets purchased before close of business on Friday, April 26.

iSelect Titans vs Newcastle Knights
    Sunday, April 28
    2pm – Skilled Park

1 William Zillman
    2 Kevin Gordon
    3 Luke O' Dwyer
    4 Jamal Idris
    5 Anthony Don
    6 Aidan Sezer
    7 Albert Kelly
    8 Luke Douglas
    9 Matt Srama
    10 Nate Myles
    11 Greg Bird
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange
    14 David Taylor
    15 Luke Bailey
    16 Ryan James
    17 Beau Falloon
    18 Steve Michaels

http://www.titans.com.au/news-displa...ts-clash/73009

Boooo O'dwyer in the centres....

Quote Originally Posted by Dopamine View Post
    Boooo O'dwyer in the centres....
    I know what you mean man but lets take the positive...Michaels out of the 17..

Ahh screwit. Carty strikes again

O'Dwyer has more lives than a cat. I would like to see Jamie Dowling getting a run before O'Dwyer and Michaels. Takairangi can't come back soon enough. Obviously worried about the Knights strike power out wide.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

So happy to see those boys back. But Taka can't come back soon enough. (Well I guess he cant, but you get my drift)
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

You've got to be kidding me, O'Dwyer again? The guy did nothing but give away dumb penalties against Parra, why he deserves selection even over Michaels is beyond me. Would rather see Hymel get a shot over both of them though, but Carty is always reluctant to try new blood unless he really has no choice, like with Irwin.

What is the Status of O'Dare ?? Surely give him a go if he's not injured rather than O'Dwyer....

Maybe O'Dwyer has the " Goat Photos now "....hahahhaha

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    What is the Status of O'Dare ?? Surely give him a go if he's not injured rather than O'Dwyer....

Maybe O'Dwyer has the " Goat Photos now "....hahahhaha
    Have been told he is very fast but defence is very average & he's 0 chance of playing NRL this season
    Last edited by TITAN PETE; 23-04-13 at 04:23 PM.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    :Maybe O'Dwyer has the " Goat Photos now "....hahahhaha

I forget who it was but someone said "50 bux on Odwyer giving away the first penalty with a leg pull in the Parra game" Lukes first tackle he got up with the opponents leg under his arm pit ...he should have been penalised
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post

I forget who it was but someone said "50 bux on Odwyer giving away the first penalty with a leg pull in the Parra game" Lukes first tackle he got up with the opponents leg under his arm pit ...he should have been penalised
    That was Shamus
    #itaintweaktospeak

I think Carty picked O'Dwyer in the centres because of his defence.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Knights have named both Gagai and Mullen to play this week. Just our luck.