Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Can ikin zip his mouth
    Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    I will never watch another game when he is commentating, he is that biased and all he talks about is being Wayne Bennett son in law, he hasn't had one good thing to say about the titans
    Well he did work for Titans whilst Searle still held the reins. maybe he got done over as well and holds a grudge?

I remember back in '10 or '11 (not sure, may have even been '09)...When we the supporters had to line up outside the GC Turf Club and upon entering grab our merchandise pack. Ikin was standing behind me in line. I thought it kinda strange that an employee had to line up as well.

Not taking away anything about his bias towards Bennett. Just saying he may not have fond memories of being with the Titans.

Oh.......and I haven't watched the reply yet (and probably won't)...so I have no idea what Ikin rambled on about...just guessing.
    Last edited by shamus; 29-04-13 at 11:56 AM. Reason: added extra

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Interesting to read all the thoughts about todays game. I accept that the injuries would have taken a toll but we showed nothing the whole game. Srama was generally covered by Falloon and we had forward back up for Harro. Why the shuffle for O'Dywer I am at a loss like others have said.
    However we still had a class pack of forwards (on paper) and they gave nothing. There was very little go forward and Newcastle were gaining far more metres each set of 6 than us. That was from the start and not just when the injury toll started to take effect.
    The performance reminded me of the last two years which I thought we had put behind us. I have not been on Carty's back like others but that was a flat and mystifying performance. To solely blame the injuries today is looking for a cheap way out.
    agree, injuries take their toll but there was still 13 blokes out there, many who were not having a dig

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    agree, injuries take their toll but there was still 13 blokes out there, many who were not having a dig
    Bloody hell...harsh critic there but every right to post your opinion. It was about 29 degrees in the stands so (guessing) 33-34 on the park. I am surprised the game wasn't played in quarters. At one stage in the 1st half when packing a scrum (about 25 minute mark) there was a 'mini' drinks break although no time was called off. Even the refs went looking for the water bottles.

In saying that we dropped way to much ball to win that game. What I am trying to say is perhaps our offence lost the match, not the defence. Had we held the ball then different pressure is applied to the opposition and in the end you get different results. Not necessarily a win (not in yesterdays circumstances) but a different result on the scoreboard. Some will say a loss is a loss but we got beat by 24 and that doesn't help F/A. JMO

I can remember during the game Ikin referred to the Titans as "we" ... I didn't think he was biased against us, he just comes over as such a tool and loves his father-in-law ... you can't blame him for that, if he lets fly at Bennett then he gets a saucepan in the head when he gets home.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Sheens is worth the gamble i reckon.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    you can't blame him for that, if he lets fly at Bennett then he gets a saucepan in the head when he gets home.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Mason rejects foul-play accusations after fired-up Knights poleaxe Titans
    Steve Mascord

Willie Mason vehemently denied illegal high tackles had been responsible for two of the three injuries that ruined Gold Coast's hopes of beating Newcastle at Skilled Park.

Titans centre Luke O'Dwyer suffered a broken jaw, lock Ashley Harrison copped knee and ankle injuries, and hooker Matt Srama was left with a bone protruding from a broken finger in the first 12 minutes, leaving John Cartwright's side with one reserve and consigning them to a 30-6 defeat.

Coach Cartwright said O'Dwyer had been caught high and Harrison - whose Origin involvement is now in doubt - had fallen awkwardly because he had been concussed.

"Those tackles were within the rules of the league," said Mason, who along with prop Kade Snowden was in the hit on O'Dwyer. "It was a very aggressive start. Our line speed was something we worked on during the week and it was just line speed into contact. It was a shame that Ashley Harrison did syndesmosis. I thought he just did his medial. It's just the way the tackle happened. It was just a very aggressive tackle, in both cases.

"I don't think anyone will have anything to answer for. The refs saw the replays. They didn't think anything of it."

The Harrison tackle involved Snowden, Travis Waddell and Alex McKinnon, with Waddell up high. Mason said Harrison was not knocked out or dazed because he responded to a question while laying on the ground.

"I said, 'Are you sweet?' and he said 'Yeah, I'm fine,' but his leg was stuffed.

"O'Dwyer, he just got hit hard. You play this game, you hit hard and you get hit hard and sometimes things happen."

Harrison hobbled off after a stretcher had been called, O'Dwyer calmly played the ball and then told a trainer he had broken his jaw, while reserve hooker Beau Falloon - just back from appendicitis - recalled: "I saw Srama come to the sideline with the bone sticking out, so I knew I was going to be playing a fair few minutes."

Cartwright said: "[O'Dwyer] and 'Harro' both got hit, they both got up holding their heads.

"Both were groggy and they were the tackles they got injured in. Both those boys don't lie down.

"[Harrison] lost his bearings and he just twisted. If you've been knocked out, you know what I mean - knee buckled, ankle buckled and rolled 'em both. There's a lot of experience [O'Dwyer], a playmaker [Srama] and a bloke who plays 80 minutes every week [Harrison]. It'll leave a little hole in us.

"I'm anxious to see how long they're all going to be [out]."

At the time of the mishaps the scores were locked at 0-0.

NEWCASTLE 30 (J McManus 2 D Fa'alogo T Tahu A Uate tries K Gidley 5 goals) bt GOLD COAST 6 (A Kelly try A Sezer goal) at Skilled Park. Referee: Jared Maxwell, Luke Phillips. Crowd: 14,201.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugb...#ixzz2RpA6qxZX
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    Sheens is worth the gamble i reckon.
    I agree totally he would be great we have a good CEO we need a top coach Sheens fits the bill.

why oh why Mr Cartwrong do you insist on allowing other teams to wear their white kit on a stinking hot day at the boiler room.
    On hot days we should be exercising our right to where our white kit and make the other team wear their dark kit...like it or not, its an advantageous tactic that ALL the other teams use when playing day games at their home grounds.
    It may seem trivial to some, but this aspect can most definitely be a game changer. Our boys where pressed to cover the lack of reserves after the injuries and this was compounded by the extra fatigue induced by wearing dark colours under a HOT sun.
    Get up and play the ball ya sook

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Well he did work for Titans whilst Searle still held the reins. maybe he got done over as well and holds a grudge?

I remember back in '10 or '11 (not sure, may have even been '09)...When we the supporters had to line up outside the GC Turf Club and upon entering grab our merchandise pack. Ikin was standing behind me in line. I thought it kinda strange that an employee had to line up as well.

Not taking away anything about his bias towards Bennett. Just saying he may not have fond memories of being with the Titans.

Oh.......and I haven't watched the reply yet (and probably won't)...so I have no idea what Ikin rambled on about...just guessing.
    I went to school with Ikin (my little brother was in half his classes) He was a wanker then and he still is...I was there at cooly when he got his jaw broken...you know why it got broken, cos he was mouthing of about being a star and HE picked the fight, he bullied the guy that much that the guy let one rip...sucked in I say im glad hes no longer associated with the Titans
    Get up and play the ball ya sook

Quote Originally Posted by RichOs69 View Post
    I went to school with Ikin (my little brother was in half his classes) He was a wanker then and he still is...I was there at cooly when he got his jaw broken...you know why it got broken, cos he was mouthing of about being a star and HE picked the fight, he bullied the guy that much that the guy let one rip...sucked in I say im glad hes no longer associated with the Titans
    What????? And this one time, at band camp...

I just watched the replay for the first time. We were in that game up to our eyeballs when Gagai made that intercept and still in it well and truly up to about the 50 minute mark. Unfortunately the next 5 minutes turned the game. Two fumbles from Sezer and mis-kick from Kelly which led to a brain explosion by Idris meant we invited the Knights into our territory and then proceeded to run out of gas. Mini once tired made some horrid mistakes in defensive reads creating problems for the right side. At one stage his over-enthusiasm left James 2 or 3 from the right wing and the Knights were good enough to exploit that.

We missed numerous opportunities in the first half to get to a lead, which all tells me that fatigue was a huge factor (rocket science I know). The good news is that even with Cartwrights strange position juggle-a-thon we were going along quite well until those consecutive errors tipped us over the fatigue cliff.

Some more Michaels bashing too. Although I thought he had a half decent game from the stands there were three or four occasions when he could've put Dave Taylor sailing into the defence and the Coal-train was keen as too, but he elected to dummy and take on the line himself. Can someone stand Stevey and Dave side-by-side in front of a mirror so he can see that he should be giving the ball to Taylor at every opportunity! We had DT in the centres for large periods of the game but chose not to let him take the first hit-up of several sets - mental.

Yes we made a few uncharacteristic errors at various stages which put pressure on us but coped with that until we got tired. The 3 errors in 5 minutes by our inexperienced halves was the turning point though.

Alarming was the inconsistency with the ruck infringements. Some seemed to come as the refs got bored. The Knights were excellent at shutting down our offloads which have been our biggest weapon thus far.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!