Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    one day he might add a tackle bust to his resume
    yeah...he's really lacking in this area since coming back from injury...maybe he needs work on his core...he's struggling to penetrate on his hit-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Broncos don't have many attacking options and they bought Prince to help them in that area.
    If we ran our big men at Prince all night, he wont have much in the tank to attack and Wallace is the worst attacking half in the comp.
    If we did this and considering our current defense, they will be lucky to score over 12 points.
    You don't need to tell us this. We lived it for last 2 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Yeah but I'm glad the shoe is on the other foot and we have really big men.

My point was more about Broncos struggling to score points and the betting market will be interesting on points for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Haha great call Coaster.

I hope we use every trick we have on Prince and that we run at him all night long.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    yeah...he's really lacking in this area since coming back from injury...maybe he needs work on his core...he's struggling to penetrate on his hit-ups.
    He's always been like that.

Michaels cops some dirt on here but his hitups are alot better
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Gold Coast Titans forward Ashley Harrison must pass cognitive test before he can play against Brisbane on Friday night

TITAN Ashley Harrison is proof of why bans for concussion in rugby league should become mandatory.

Queensland Origin forward Harrison (below) wanted to play last Sunday after being knocked out by a Richie Fa'aoso shoulder charge, but was banned by club doctor Paul Ohmsen.

Harrison suffered no headaches, no memory loss and no symptoms in the days after he was flattened.

"I felt within myself I was fine to play, but obviously he is the one with all the experience in that area and I had to take his advice," Harrison said.

"I was pretty lucky. I was fine, I didn't have any ill-effects.

"I was pretty clear in the head, but you know the doc was adamant pretty much on the Sunday that I wasn't going to play just from the severity of the head knock, and the bit of whiplash and then the head hitting the ground as well.

"I don't like them (the concussion rule), because I missed a game. But they're obviously there for a reason."

Harrison must still pass a cognitive test to play Brisbane on Friday night, while centre Brad Takairangi must pass a fitness test on his hamstring.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Hope Ash lines up against his former former former club. Adds to the theatre of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    He's always been like that.

Michaels cops some dirt on here but his hitups are alot better

We must not be watching the same sport?
    Even if that were true, which I have a hard time accepting that anyone would actually believe, hit ups are hardly the most important aspect of a wingers job, certainly not ahead of picking up the ball to score without falling over it like a clown.

Each to their own and all, but KG's just warming up fellas...

It was great to see Kevin Gordon bag a double against the Panthers.

I wish this magazine could be bought for android devices on the app store like RLW, as I'd dearly love to read that article.

Thats a great shot & the size difference looks about right too
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2gordon View Post

We must not be watching the same sport?
    Even if that were true, which I have a hard time accepting that anyone would actually believe, hit ups are hardly the most important aspect of a wingers job, certainly not ahead of picking up the ball to score without falling over it like a clown.

Each to their own and all, but KG's just warming up fellas...
    It is very possible that we are watching a different.

Hit ups are very close to a modern wingers most important job. They start the sets and the best teams wingers get there sets going forward better than the rest.

I do agree it seems KG is in for better year than last year though

Have we all forgotten that Harrison owes Prince a broken nose from the All Stars game?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Hit ups are very close to a modern wingers most important job. They start the sets and the best teams wingers get there sets going forward better than the rest.
    If that's the case, we may as well have dave taylor and minichello on the wings?

I agree that getting wingers to start sets off is a good strategy employed by the best teams, but you can hardly expect them to be breaking through the line with the same frequency as bigger men.

I know stats don't tell the whole story, but if you compare the hit ups and run meters of Gordon and Mead, Gordon has made more meters per run than Mead (and Michaels) has over the first four rounds. He has 2 less line breaks than mead (1 vs 3) despite scoring the same amount of tries (3 a piece). He is well above the league average for amount of hitups taken and meters gained. I just don't see where the complaints are coming from i guess...