Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

More importantly we get a big home crowd. If its tight it will make a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    More importantly we get a big home crowd. If its tight it will make a difference.
    I hope we get a great crowd as well but it might be in spite of Ticketek who I think are bloody hopeless. I have just tried to get a couple of tickets for family who will be here and:
    1) the Ticketek link from the NRL site does not work (it does for all other games in round 5). I had to log in to the Ticketek site site direct.
    2) the ticket availability list says Steel GA is exhausted but that is what tickets I was offered. I could not get a reserved seat in Steel despite all bar two bays of Steel being reserved seating.
    3) the print at home option is not listed - only ground collect or ticket to your mobile phone.

I will try again tomorrow. None of these are big deals but just sloppy, unprofessional, and not what we want to see when we are trying to get people to the games. In the first round the site offered no seating plan for Skilled Park so first timers would have had no idea what seats they were obtaining.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Falloon will be fine & taking on the Donkeys without Thaiday & Justine will be just fine for me
    this makes me happy. he dragged them back into that game the other night through grit and hard work. he is a big loss for them.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

i spoke to falloon at penrith and he said it was just corked he said he will be 100% for the derby,

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Titans Fanatic View Post
    i spoke to falloon at penrith and he said it was just corked he said he will be 100% for the derby,
    this is good news. i think both of our hookers now have the McCulloughs measure,

and dont get me started on Ben Hunt... im halfway thinking hes almost missed his window of opportunity, and halfway thinking his career and development have been so badly coached it makes Carty look like Bellamy / Bennett / Hasler.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I hope we get a great crowd as well but it might be in spite of Ticketek who I think are bloody hopeless. I have just tried to get a couple of tickets for family who will be here and:
    1) the Ticketek link from the NRL site does not work (it does for all other games in round 5). I had to log in to the Ticketek site site direct.
    2) the ticket availability list says Steel GA is exhausted but that is what tickets I was offered. I could not get a reserved seat in Steel despite all bar two bays of Steel being reserved seating.
    3) the print at home option is not listed - only ground collect or ticket to your mobile phone.

I will try again tomorrow. None of these are big deals but just sloppy, unprofessional, and not what we want to see when we are trying to get people to the games. In the first round the site offered no seating plan for Skilled Park so first timers would have had no idea what seats they were obtaining.
    Have sent your post to Ticketek.

Sorry is about all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Im getting a bit concerned about who's going to play hooker if Srama and Falloon are out?

Also, off topic a bit but has anyone else noticed the "Bet-Ezy" logos peeling off the back of the jerseys each game?
    Yep I have

Bird, Taylor may be pitched against Prince
    Travis Meyn | 12:01am April 2, 2013

TITANS coach John Cartwright is poised to order hulking hardmen Greg Bird and Dave Taylor to run straight at ousted skipper Scott Prince as they attempt to capitalise on deficiencies they spent years protecting.

Prince will come up against his old side for the first time in the Skilled Park clash where the desperate Broncos, who have won just once this year, will come up against the high-flying Titans aiming for their fourth straight win.

And the Gold Coast will implement the game plan which they were the victims of for so many years, deliberately targeting the 33-year-old through menacing edge-runner Bird.

Cartwright could also be tempted to rotate Bird with the "Coal Train" Dave Taylor. Taylor usually plays on the right side but the prospect of sending the 118kg mammoth at Prince could be too good to ignore.

Prince's former co-captain Luke Bailey revealed the Titans would target Prince.

"I think so. Definitely," Bailey said when asked if the Titans would target Prince.

"We've got some monsters on the edge so we'll definitely use them up.

"Birdy won't give that (opportunity) up. He'll be looking for some metres down that way.

"We'll put a bit of pressure on him (Prince) and send some traffic his way."

It's shaping as a blockbuster derby with Prince's return to Robina compounded by Brisbane's bad form.

The Broncos have only beaten wooden spoon contenders St George-Illawarra this year but hold the wood over their south east Queensland rivals, winning six of the past seven clashes.

The Titans defeated Brisbane at Skilled Park last year and are a better team now with a rejuvenated halves combination of Albert Kelly and Aidan Sezer thriving on the back of an all-star forward pack.

Their watertight defence has leaked just 36 points this season - an average of nine a game - and Bailey said he was determined to continue that trend against the Broncos after the Titans were slightly off the pace in Sunday's 28-10 win over Penrith.

"We talk about trying to be arrogant in defence because we're on top defensively at the moment," he said.

"We were a little bit off the pace. The Broncos, particularly their forward pack, were sensational against Melbourne (32-26 loss).

"Winning ugly at this time of the year isn't too bad as long as we don't get used to it."

Lock Ashley Harrison will return from concussion and will start the match with utility Luke O'Dwyer likely to be dropped.
    #itaintweaktospeak

We SHOULD win this one.

Better forward pack, and currently better performing halves.

That said, Prince might feel he has a point to prove, and on his day he can tear any team apart.

This is definitely the best opportunity we've had to give the donkeys a sound spanking.

This match up, I hope we emulate the flogging that the Chooks handed the Eels yesterday. With a handful of their key players out. It's quite possible, if our boys fire on the night.

Any win over these show ponies is a plus. I begged my wife to let me fly home for this one and she said ok as long as I got a picture with Scott Prince I slept on the couch again last night.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Bird, Taylor may be pitched against Prince
    Travis Meyn | 12:01am April 2, 2013
    I hope Taylor is up to it, because Scott Prince has been doing a lot of bulking up in the off-season and his defence has really improved*.

*Source: some BS media releases pre-season from Broncos media PR staff.....

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I hope Taylor is up to it, because Scott Prince has been doing a lot of bulking up in the off-season and his defence has really improved*.

*Source: some BS media releases pre-season from Broncos media PR staff.....
    #itaintweaktospeak

Someone should run a book. So we can have a punt at what 'minute mark' Princey will succumb to his season ending injury. The punter that gets closest to that magical number, scoops the pool.

I wonder if Bet Ezy is interested..

If Prince doesnt fire for this game he never will.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER