Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

But guys, Zillman is good bloke!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I missed the pre pressed thing. Can u elaborate more mate. Sounds like something ill be pissed at too.
    On the NRL online broadcast which is excellent quality and free to the international community (thanks NRL, I do subscribe but the broadcaster Setanta doesn't show every game so this is my backup) they leave the cameras on and show the setting-up of the media room. This is raw footage, comments, swearing and all.

Last night when our coach turned up with Myles, they sat down and he proceeded to make little snide comments about the interview process to Myles with a superior grin on his face. Sadly the microphones are very sensitive. Once the questions started he had trouble getting the smirk off his face and I can assure you that his attitude was atrocious to say the least. He responses were flippant and disrespectful. I have written this as politely as I could.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    On the NRL online broadcast which is excellent quality and free to the international community (thanks NRL, I do subscribe but the broadcaster Setanta doesn't show every game so this is my backup) they leave the cameras on and show the setting-up of the media room. This is raw footage, comments, swearing and all.

Last night when our coach turned up with Myles, they sat down and he proceeded to make little snide comments about the interview process to Myles with a superior grin on his face. Sadly the microphones are very sensitive. Once the questions started he had trouble getting the smirk off his face and I can assure you that his attitude was atrocious to say the least. He responses were flippant and disrespectful. I have written this as politely as I could.
    That's the sign of a bloke with waaaay too much job security. I hope Mr May brings him in for a chat this week.

I was kicking myself as I was stuck in a plane all night and couldn't even see the game, guess it was a unexpected bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Mead to FB is the first and most obvious change to the team structure. This idea that "who will replace mead on the wing" is the type of stagnant thinking that stops the Titans progressing forward with fresh attacking ideas. Micheals is as good as anyone if it puts Meady in a better attacking position.

Personally, I thought Zillman went better than peeps on here are saying, but there is no doubt that Mead is the MAN for FB!!

Prince was the best I have seen him since about 2009. We all got so distracted by the smallest guy in their team, that we all had eyes for him. If he played like that for the Titans he would still be going around in Pacific blue.

Other than that, I don't think we can bag Broncos fans, as the stands emptied from about the 70 minute mark, and I stayed until after the Broncs had done a lap, and there were more Broncos fans there than I have EVER seen Titans fans hang around after a match, and this was their away game.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Mead to FB is the first and most obvious change to the team structure. This idea that "who will replace mead on the wing" is the type of stagnant thinking that stops the Titans progressing forward with fresh attacking ideas. Micheals is as good as anyone if it puts Meady in a better attacking position.

Personally, I thought Zillman went better than peeps on here are saying, but there is no doubt that Mead is the MAN for FB!!

Prince was the best I have seen him since about 2009. We all got so distracted by the smallest guy in their team, that we all had eyes for him. If he played like that for the Titans he would still be going around in Pacific blue.

Other than that, I don't think we can bag Broncos fans, as the stands emptied from about the 70 minute mark, and I stayed until after the Broncs had done a lap, and there were more Broncos fans there than I have EVER seen Titans fans hang around after a match, and this was their away game.
    Mate, you should have heard them on the way home on the train. Worse than the Manly and St George mob!! Hard to take.

I know I have been slated for sticking by Princey, but he slapped our bottoms hard last night. I think we ALL got a bit too cocky last week. Lesson learnt.

Might have been a different story if we didn't have so many positional changes to make at the last minute. Sure made Prince's job a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    But guys, Zillman is good bloke!
    Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Might have been a different story if we didn't have so many positional changes to make at the last minute. Sure made Prince's job a lot easier.
    Hmmm no. We just got beaten well. By the bloody Broncs!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Hmmm no. We just got beaten well. By the bloody Broncs!
    May be true but I highly doubt we would have been beaten by that much if we didn't have to cover for Taka, Sezer and Ridge at the last minute....oh and Kelly.

Hope we can get our revenge in 5 weeks at Suncorp.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 06-04-13 at 05:09 PM.

Have had 24 hours to calm down. What the hell was John Cartwright doing?
    He had plenty of time bring in a replacement for Sezer. We start the game with no kicker. Only two forwards on the bench and obviously Taka was not fit. I hope Carty doesn't bring Sezer back to early and if this is the only depth we have we're in big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by a flash of gordon View Post
    Have had 24 hours to calm down. What the hell was John Cartwright doing?
    He had plenty of time bring in a replacement for Sezer. We start the game with no kicker. Only two forwards on the bench and obviously Taka was not fit. I hope Carty doesn't bring Sezer back to early and if this is the only depth we have we're in big trouble.
    Couldn't agree more. What was he thinking? If Sezer injured on Thursday we had plenty of time to bring in Henry/ Rankin for a Friday night game. Why if Taka was supposedly fit why name a centre on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by a flash of gordon View Post
    We start the game with no kicker
    I can't agree with this: Bird kicked 2 from 2; Kelly rolled them in at will until he forgot about that, and Zillman proved once more that he can really kick a long, long way. In previous games Takairangi, Idris, Taylor and even Bailey and Douglas have demonstrated their skills.

Admittedly I haven't mentioned that we have the only two hookers in the comp who seem either unable or uncomfortable to kick and a lack of 4th tackle options to get the right personnel in position to have 5th tackle options.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The 17 players didn't lose that game. Cartwright did.
    Bird has never been, and will never be, a 5/8's ****hole. He is the best back-rower I've seen since Les Boyd and this moron plays him at 5/8.
    So he won a MOM in Origin at 5/8. He had 16 Origin players around him that night!!

One try from a bit of individual brilliance and one try from a dummy half dive. Our attack is non-existant. Our coach is clueless. We have the players good enough to win the comp. We have nobody to show them how.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    The 17 players didn't lose that game. Cartwright did.
    Bird has never been, and will never be, a 5/8's ****hole. He is the best back-rower I've seen since Les Boyd and this moron plays him at 5/8.
    So he won a MOM in Origin at 5/8. He had 16 Origin players around him that night!!

One try from a bit of individual brilliance and one try from a dummy half dive. Our attack is non-existant. Our coach is clueless. We have the players good enough to win the comp. We have nobody to show them how.
    Pretty much all of this. Without a backup plan we had absolutely nothing, our attack looked just as disjointed as it did last year. How Carty can continue to play Bird at 5/8 instead of putting a little faith in his young halves waiting for a shot in QLD cup, is beyond me. I guess we shouldn't be surprised though because it's the same old bs that Carty as served up the last few years too.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 07-04-13 at 01:35 AM.