Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    Zillman being the fittest in the team has no eagerness to break the line or do anything in attack. A very crap fullback, Numerous times i have seen him standing around waiting for something to happen and waiting for something to come to him. Best fullbacks create opportunities and try to get their hands on the footy as much as possible. Its very frustrating and i beg for him to be dropped. Matty Russell or Marmin Barba are much much better options.
    That's the general consensus man. It's a shame Carty is never ever ever ever going to drop him.

Zillman could miss 20 tackles, drop the ball 5 times and make -50rm and Carty would still start him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    That's the general consensus man. It's a shame Carty is never ever ever ever going to drop him.

Zillman could miss 20 tackles, drop the ball 5 times and make -50rm and Carty would still start him.
    Just imagine if we had a Dugan at the back, our attack would be a whole new dimension. But we are stuck with crap Zillman
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

A couple of stats from the match

Nate Myles 75min 54 tackles
    Luke Douglas 51 min 42 tackles
    Ryan James 43 min 42 tackles

Zillman 80 min 0 tackles, 1 missed
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post

MOM - William Zillwoman. What an effort.

James is playing well. Great DT player too

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    Just imagine if we had a Dugan at the back, our attack would be a whole new dimension. But we are stuck with crap Zillman
    After witnessing Meady last night constantly under pressure. It does make sense to what teke has been calling for, for quite sometime. And that's slot Meady into Fullback. Got me stuffed who'd replace him with on the Wing though..

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    After witnessing Meady last night constantly under pressure. It does make sense to what teke has been calling for, for quite sometime. And that's slot Meady into Fullback. Got me stuffed who'd replace him with on the Wing though..
    Anthony Don.

Not Shmichaels.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post

There's one positive to draw on from this. There could be savings made in the Laundry Department this week..
    Last edited by Toads; 06-04-13 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Anthony Don.

Not Shmichaels.
    Ahh ok, I can't say I've witnessed Anthony Don in action yet. Just hope his defense can match that of Meady, 'cause his corner post does cop a hammering at times.
    Last edited by Toads; 06-04-13 at 10:48 AM.

Ridge is where we lost out, imho. His defence on the right was sadly missed and if he is no good for next week that's another issue.

"Zero" Zillman, it's about time we gave this protected species what he deserves.

As far as where do we go next: Zillman won't get dropped, Michaels is our only centre option and if both half's are stuffed then it can only be Rankin and Henry ... no brainer. Shuffling the side to accommodate O'Dwyer and/or Minichiello would be plainly ridiculous.

And if you think a nights sleep has tempered my disillusionment at the coach's display pre-media conference last night then you would be very wrong ... he has lost what little respect he had from me and the others who witnessed it with me.

Anybody else notice Bailey roaming around lost last night, trying to get into plays and being largely ignored then barking at all and sundry?

Also I thought Bird went well although he is not a 5/8 at all but will we lose him for a week or so? Then City/Country.
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-04-13 at 11:29 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I'm not as harsh on Zillman as others are on this forum because Cartwright doesn't know how to structure a back line or create plays to incude Zillman's ability.
    The guy cops a bagging even if he plays well but tonight he played poor and didn't involve himself...I was especially disappointment with his defense attempt on Hoffman.

My issue with the call for another fullback is still the coaching structure...I thought having a forward dominating team would suit the style of a straight hard running fullback like Zillman...I thought Carty would give him opportunities around the ruck once our forwards had the defense on the back foot.

Mead has the potential to do well and could have a similar style but having more enthusiasm could be what is needed.
    I personally would miss him on the wing.

Thinking about changes in the backline without Kelly at in the halves makes things tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Ridge is where we lost out, imho. His defence on the right was sadly missed and if he is no good for next week that's another issue.

"Zero" Zillman, it's about time we gave this protected species what he deserves.

As far as where do we go next: Zillman won't get dropped, Michaels is our only centre option and if both half's are stuffed then it can only be Rankin and Henry ... no brainer. Shuffling the side to accommodate O'Dwyer and/or Minichiello would be plainly ridiculous.

And if you think a nights sleep has tempered my disillusionment at the coach's display pre-media conference last night then you would be very wrong ... he has lost what little respect he had from me and the others who witnessed it with me.

Anybody else notice Bailey roaming around lost last nightt, trying to get into plays and being largely ignored then barking at all and sundry?

Also I thought Bird went well although he is not a 5/8 at all but will we lose him for a week or so? Then City/Country.
    I missed the pre pressed thing. Can u elaborate more mate. Sounds like something ill be pissed at too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I'm not as harsh on Zillman as others are on this forum because Cartwright doesn't know how to structure a back line or create plays to incude Zillman's ability.The guy cops a bagging even if he plays well but tonight he played poor and didn't involve himself...I was especially disappointment with his defense attempt on Hoffman. My issue with the call for another fullback is still the coaching structure
    Mate, we have nearly the simplest attacking structure in the entire competition. Zillman cannot provide even the most basic support play by staying on the hip of some of our wrecking balls who have a hand free just about 70% of the time they get tackled and it doesn't get any easier than that. He over runs outside inside plays 99% of time. He looks absolutely clueless on the rare occasion he does break the line, and can't put a man away to save his life. In terms of defense, his one on one 'try-saving' ability is easily the worst for any fullback in the comp, his read and attempt on the hoffman try was shocking, his lack of urgency for the Gillett try was even worse imo. When people say he is 'safe' i suppose they refer to under the high-ball? but i think the only safe thing about him, is that he is safely the least exciting fullback in the game. How is he vice captain? I cannot see what value he adds on the field in any regard.

He made Micahels look great last night. That is really saying something.

I honestly believe that with the squad we have, a better coach could take us to a GF... but even in that scenario, Zillman would be the weakest link, and would probably be dropped before anyone else > fullback is too important a position these days to just be a passanger

Zeroman needs to go.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

A laughable moment was when bird did make a break and for once zillman WAS on his hip...literally, as in attached and running while his body was touching birds.

Bird couldn't step, swerve, pass or do anything because 'zero' was hampering him in every way.

If it wasn't so depressing I would laugh.

He also left any ball that wasn't directly to him for mead...but I'm pretty happy about that. Shows even 'zero' knows who the FB should be.