Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thing is, up here. They organise the odd bus trip to go Donkeys Home Games, and I'm fairly confident that happens in other regional areas within Queensland. That's the stuff Titans can only dream of..

So I do believe it does have something to with how big/broad the Supporter Base is. And when you weigh up the demographics of the Coast (a lot of Retired Mexicans that have no interests in any sports other than Horse Racing and AFL). Well, it's always going to be a struggle to attract your average GC Family to home games that's snowed under with debt.

To take your average Family of Four to a Game. You're not going to get much change out of $200, by the time they get in 'n buy something to eat 'n so on. No matter, how hard David 'n Co try and combat that, they're not going beat it while they're tied in with Stadiums Queensland. That there is the biggest issue in regards to getting 'Bums on Seats'.

Yes, there's been quite a few undesirable incidences going on within our Club in it's short lifespan. But it can't be blamed on that alone..

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    We are building to something here - it won't be a sell out but if we beat these wankers the band wagoners will by coming from absolutely everywhere.
    Yes, we're sure are building to something. Though I hope it happens all year, minus any scandal for a change. So yeah, I hope we're viewed as the Quiet Achievers in 2013 'n ****in' lookout in 2014!

I am assuming there is a contract with Stadium Queensland which we are unable to get out off...I wonder how long we are tied to this current arrangement? 2, 5, 10 or 20 years...anyone know?

Really want to see a big crowd. Broncos really came back after I spent half the game being a smart ass about them. They won't be an easy best by any measure and Duggan may be lining up against us.

Spread the world and help us get lots of home support.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I hope that the crowd numbers are bursting for this match!

And more importantly I hope that long-awaited victory song is ready to be blasted out after 80 minutes at Skilled Stadium!

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    I hope that the crowd numbers are bursting for this match!

And more importantly I hope that long-awaited victory song is ready to be blasted out after 80 minutes at Skilled Stadium!
    Here is my post in the Qld derby thread. No reason we can't use it on Friday night!

Broken record time... how about a song????

Has anyone heard of a little ditty called "Waltzing Matilda"?? If you know the tune, try it with this simple verse.
    Get this stuck in your head and you will be singing it all day!

We are the Gold Coast Titans,
    We are the Gold Coast Titans,
    We are going to play Brisbane and we'll kick that donkeys a$$,
    And we came, and we played, and we kicked the Brisbane Broncos a$$
    We are the Gold Coast Titans are we're the Kings of Queensland!

We can substitute Brisabne for Cowboys, so it can work if the 3 way concept takes off. Actually, we can substitute almost any teams into the song and make this a staple of the Legion with some very minor tweaking.

What do you think Brad, put it in the songbook?

If we can't get an almost sell out crowd for this match there's something very wrong.
    #itaintweaktospeak

I can now feel comfortable talking about this game.

I was a bit iffy pumping up our chances before we played an annoying side in the panthers
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

This could be similar to the Sharks vs Dragons derby in that the Broncos are desperate for a win.

I didn't read too much into their comeback against Melbourne though, they were still structured pretty flat in attack and were fortunate Duffie was intent on shooting out of the line.

If we defend well enough and put early pressure on their terrible halves they will crumble.
    Last edited by a_guest; 31-03-13 at 10:32 PM.

Gold Coast Titans look to pile misery on Brisbane Broncos

GOLD Coast Titans are licking their lips at the prospect of registering four straight wins for the first time since 2010 in Friday's derby against the Broncos after dismantling Penrith 28-10 yesterday.

The Titans romped to their third straight win, shutting the Panthers out at Centrebet Stadium in a desperate first half before piling on the points later in a heated clash.

Gold Coast have conceded just 36 points in four rounds to sit in the top four heading into Friday's Skilled Park showdown.

Gold Coast players rushed from Penrith to Sydney Airport last night as the Titans take every measure to overcome a history of scheduling favouritism that has plagued their derbies with Brisbane.

The Titans are also battling some injury concerns with hooker Matt Srama (shoulder) almost certain to miss the clash with Brisbane.

Brad Takairangi (hamstring), Luke Douglas (cork) and Beau Falloon (back) also have injury woes.

Not since the Titans hosted the Broncos in the first week of the 2009 finals have the Gold Coast had a longer turnaround than their big brother rivals heading into a derby.

But against Penrith, for a third straight week the Titans held their opponents scoreless in the first half.

Cartwright said the Titans would be ready for one of the most anticipated derbies in years as Scott Prince returned to Robina for the first time in Broncos colours.

"We love it. It doesn't matter where either side sits on the competition table. It's a genuine local derby," Cartwright said.

"There is a bit of dislike there between Brisbane and Gold Coast people in particular."

The Broncos will head into Friday's clash after a full seven-day break from the Melbourne loss.

The Titans, on the other hand, will be lucky to have one full team training run on match eve as they nurse their weary bodies.

Making matters worse for the Titans, they are coming off three successive daylight matches played in extreme heat where players have at times suffered more than double their usual weight loss during a game.

It's another reason why the Broncos have no excuse not to get their season back on track on Friday.

Cartwright said his men would be given light duties this week.

"Today (the heat) was a bit better, but the rest have been in extreme conditions for rugby league," Cartwright said.

"We'll probably just train Thursday. We've got a few knocks we'll have to assess.

"We'll get together Thursday and finalise a team then."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

hey guys could we see the debut of Sam Irwin this weekend with srama in doubt
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    hey guys could we see the debut of Sam Irwin this weekend with srama in doubt
    I couldn't imagine ever of throwing a Rookie in against the Donkeys in such an important posistion ,Falloon is in career best form he'll be fine
    #itaintweaktospeak

ok I heard that fallons back was no good lets hope that its nothing to serious who comes on the bench with the spare spot
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Chalky for a 20 minute stint at hooker is a safer option than Irwin.

Broncos were pinning their hopes on signing Dugan before this match. Their forum has almost overloaded with more pages than War and Peace about the subject.
    This forum seems civilised compared to the slagging they dish out to most of their list. The Coach, Wallace, Prince, Hannant, McCullough, Maranta, Hodges,Hoffman, Norman all get a huge spray.
    Confidence is way down at Red Hill atm