Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 5 2013: TITANS vs BRONCOS

Gold Coast Titans vs Brisbane Broncos
    Friday Apri; 5 7:35 PM - Skilled Park
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Sacked Canberra Raider Josh Dugan to meet with Brisbane Broncos

EXCLUSIVE: BRISBANE are poised to immediately offset Corey Norman's defection to Parramatta, with axed Raider Josh Dugan travelling to Broncos HQ to inspect the club's facilities this week.

Norman yesterday announced he'd signed a three-year deal to join the Eels next season, triggering a ripple effect through the recruitment market.

His departure frees up money for the Broncos to stave off interest from St George Illawarra and secure Dugan on a healthy long-term deal.

News Limited understands the 22-year-old plans to meet Broncos officials from today, after flying north yesterday.

Now resigned to missing Dugan, the winless Dragons - who have scored just six tries from three outings - are focusing all their energy on recruiting a new playmaker to remedy their attacking woes.

Gold Coast understudy Jordan Rankin is understood to be closest to signing, but overtures have been made to Newcastle prodigy Tyrone Roberts and Castleford's Rangi Chase.

And in a worrying sign for under-fire coach Steve Price, recruitment manager Craig Young and CEO Peter Doust have been doing the lion's share of recent negotiations.

According to player agents involved with negotiations at St George Illawarra, Price has been less hands-on in recent weeks as his future falls into deeper uncertainty with each defeat.

Until Norman put pen to paper, the Eels had also been struggling to land decent recruitment since signing Chris Sandow almost two years ago.

But Brisbane's decision to resurrect Scott Prince's career at the expense of Norman's development at five eighth proved the deal-maker for Parramatta.

Having not hidden his desire to succeed Darren Lockyer as Brisbane's long-term five eighth, Norman was nonplussed about moving to fullback to accommodate the 33-year-old veteran this year.

And with Dugan odds-on to join the Broncos within the next week, he could battle to play either position.

But that won't be the case in 2014 at Parramatta, who've been desperately seeking a five-eighth to partner Sandow all off-season.

Their talks with Norman began around Christmas, and Brisbane did themselves few favours with a modest first-up offer. The Broncos responded with better money, but couldn't compete with Parramatta's $1.2 million deal, and, more importantly, the guarantee of wearing the No.6 jersey.

In return, Norman yesterday gave jittery Eels fans a promise he would not exploit the round 13 contractual loophole and repeat Josh Papalii's devastating backflip.

"I understand that under the NRL rules I have until round 13 to change my mind, but I just wanted Eels members, fans and sponsors to know that I will be standing 100 per cent by my decision to make the move to Sydney," he said.

"I have made a commitment and I will see that commitment and contract through."

Parramatta coach Ricky Stuart is still to settle on a permanent five-eighth for this season, with Ben Roberts, Joseph Paulo and Luke Kelly all sharing the role.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Looking forward to this game , should be a good win for us.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Looking forward to this game , should be a good win for us.
    Definitely should be if we keep playing as well as we have been, and from DIEHARDS article, it sounds like the Prince poison, umm, sorry, position is already setting into the Bronocs ranks.

Also, maybe not the thread for this, but Eels would be pretty dangerous if they had Norman and Sandow working together. Sandow has been a bit of a revelation this year, but Norman would bring that extra everything.

All brings some more instability to Broncos. Should get a good crowd, and best of all, fickle Broncos fans will all be gone 20 minutes before the end of the match so won't be too much of a queue getting back to the buses and trains!

After watching the Princess on various footy shows over the last week and his condescending manner to the club, I hope we smash in the very real sense of the word. I don't want try celebrations or any lowering to the moronic standard, just a good old-fashioned whacking, please.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    After watching the Princess on various footy shows over the last week and his condescending manner to the club, I hope we smash in the very real sense of the word. I don't want try celebrations or any lowering to the moronic standard, just a good old-fashioned whacking, please.
    Saw him on the Sunday Footy Show. Prince was questioned about Alby and Sezer and didn't have much to say. One of the hosts then said that what has impressed them the most about Alby is his defence. Prince looked so dark...mouth shut, eyes looking straight.

I lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Saw him on the Sunday Footy Show. Prince was questioned about Alby and Sezer and didn't have much to say. One of the hosts then said that what has impressed them the most about Alby is his defence. Prince looked so dark...mouth shut, eyes looking straight.

I lol'd.
    Spewin' I missed it. Definitely would've been worth seeing..

Broncos Injury Report: Round Four
    Bronco Media

THE injury news is positive for the Broncos with Justin Hodges back on the paddock - but it's not so great for Mitchell Dodds and Denan Kemp.
    Hodges will play against the Storm this Friday night and told Bronco TV he was raring to go.

The Broncos have received yet another injury blow though with hard-hitting forward Dodds out of calculations.

Dodds has injured a foot ligament and will be out of action for two to four weeks.

He began his recovery yesterday after being placed in a moon boot after training.

Dodds has played all three games this season off the bench.

There were some injuries suffered by Broncos' players in the Queensland Cup as well.

Pacy winger Denan Kemp will be out a week or two with hamstring injury suffered as he was warming up for Redcliffe on the weekend.

And Aaron Whitchurch has an ongoing back complaint that will not let him return for another week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Broncos Injury Report: Round Four
    Bronco Media

THE injury news is positive for the Broncos with Justin Hodges back on the paddock - but it's not so great for Mitchell Dodds and Denan Kemp.
    Hodges will play against the Storm this Friday night and told Bronco TV he was raring to go.

The Broncos have received yet another injury blow though with hard-hitting forward Dodds out of calculations.

Dodds has injured a foot ligament and will be out of action for two to four weeks.

He began his recovery yesterday after being placed in a moon boot after training.

Dodds has played all three games this season off the bench.

There were some injuries suffered by Broncos' players in the Queensland Cup as well.

Pacy winger Denan Kemp will be out a week or two with hamstring injury suffered as he was warming up for Redcliffe on the weekend.

And Aaron Whitchurch has an ongoing back complaint that will not let him return for another week or two.
    Good old Bronco media. From what I have seen I don't think the absence of Dodds and Kemp has turned their season bad. It was interesting to hear the guys on Talkin Sport today discussing the Broncos They mainly discussed the halves and Peter Tunks (I think it was him) suggested Princey is the one who should be dropped.

Is round 5 still heritage round?? Pretty sure both 2011 and 2012 it was.... LU forum has shown pretty much everyones heritage stip except ours... Anyone know if we're getting one?

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Spewin' I missed it. Definitely would've been worth seeing..
    Me too. Downloading it now....

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Me too. Downloading it now....
    Ahh goodone, there's an idea.

Onto it now.
    Last edited by Toads; 27-03-13 at 10:46 PM.

Three cheers to my username.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Quote Originally Posted by Princey's Titanz View Post
    Three cheers to my username.
    So how is it, hangin' out at Bogan's (Oops, Bronco's Supporters) Forum these days?