Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Dave said mansour is the hardest bloke to tackle in the comp.
    He wouldn't be alone in that opinion. I don't have a man-crush on him but he was the guy who worried me most leading into the game and was a constant headache for us. I thought we handled him well most of the time and Mead's tackle on him into touch was a cracker.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Penrith offloaded with amazing frequency and it didn't make a difference how many guys we had in a tackle. The good news was that we kept turning up in defence to shut down 2nd, 3rd and 4th phases. While we didn't play great we kept showing up and the effort was there.

Sezer was sensational and Bird and Falloon were great off the back of Taylor and Idris. Myles and James tore up the middle and the wingers cashed in. We have an excellent football team to support and we have a big test in front of us in the shape of the Broncos. It's time to show Queensland who the number one team in this state is in 2013 and put Brisbane to the sword. Hear's hoping Harrison, Takairangi and Srama are all okay.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Another look at this game without the emotion of the win will change a few opinions I think ... we won and that's great but gee we were far from convincing against a lower ranked team.
    I don't think anyone thought we played that good to be honest. I thought they could have rolled us in the 2 nd half.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Glad we weren't playing the Broncos on Friday night with this performance. We will need to be better on Friday night!
    I took Titans at 13+ but I think we were lucky for most of the game and flattered ourselves late. Don't get too excited on this win, but a win is a win.
    We need to be much better in 5 days.
    I agree that we shouldn't get too carried away with this scrappy win, with a flattering scoreline, but as others have said, this is the sort of game we would have lost in the past couple of years, so if we can win when we are scrappy, that is a good thing.

I just wanted to say that I thought Steve Michales went well, and apart from that howler at the end, which is what we all remember, I thought he did what he had to, and lets not forget he did score a try too. Some credit where it's due, he did his job.

zillman always over runs the inside ball ... useless
    So does Slater. But it seems he's allowed to receive one forward pass per set of six.

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Interesting, Most will say Inglis is the hardest to tackle.
    Thats just his opinion as of now, it could very well change as soon as inglis puts him on his butt in a few weeks time
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

He wouldn't be alone in that opinion. I don't have a man-crush on him but he was the guy who worried me most leading into the game and was a constant headache for us. I thought we handled him well most of the time and Mead's tackle on him into touch was a cracker.
    Segeyaro was the other bloke I thought we handled well, this 2 were the panthers danger men. Mansour strength is his strength but he ain't much chop on anything else, Dave handled him alright considering he played with flu
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Ok, the game was a little scrappy but still a very good win and hard to find a bad player on our team. This defense is going to win us many games.
    Among a host of good performances Bird was a standout. Kelly was great in defense as was Zillman. Actually, they were all great in defense.

And, Gordon proved the Flash is back. He outran Mead in the chase on Humble.

Just for fun because it is April Fool's Day and Gould is truly a legend in his own mind:

The Panthers played more of the good football, provided more of the better moments and created by far the most scoring opportunities, but ended up well behind on the scoreboard when the siren sounded
    The home side did have three tries disallowed. The first of these was crucial because it would have given them the early lead, which would have had a vastly different effect on their mentality
    The first two tries to the Gold Coast yesterday were terrible defensive lapses by the Panthers. They were not the result of great attacking play
    The Gold Coast beat them yesterday on attitude, not football
    From Gus Gould's column in the SMH.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post

And, Gordon proved the Flash is back. He outran Mead in the chase on Humble.
    I said that to him aswell and he replied he was too tired to chase.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Just for fun because it is April Fool's Day and Gould is truly a legend in his own mind:

From Gus Gould's column in the SMH.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I don't think anyone thought we played that good to be honest. I thought they could have rolled us in the 2 nd half.
    You guys are quite a tough audience!

But I love a challenge... It's a long season and every team is going to have their off days. If we can win scrappy games like this then it has to be a good sign.

I'd also just point out that I think penrith have averaged 30 points a game so to keep them pegged to a low score like we did was pretty impressive. Even though we weren't on top form, it's a good win.

And 5 years since we won at centrebet I think...

Not trying to be overly positive but if we need to win 14 or 15 games to make the top four I will happily take this one.

Quote Originally Posted by david may View Post

But I love a challenge... It's a long season and every team is going to have their off days. If we can win scrappy games like this then it has to be a good sign.

I'd also just point out that I think penrith have averaged 30 points a game so to keep them pegged to a low score like we did was pretty impressive. Even though we weren't on top form, it's a good win.

Not trying to be overly positive but if we need to win 14 or 15 games to make the top four I will happily take this one.
    As the game progressed into the 2nd half and beyond I thought the Panthers could get a roll on and do their typical pts burst.

The offloads were and are horrible to contain but the boys scratched really well. Spoke to some off the players and they mentioned the same.

Bottom line is they got a good win.

You going to start a war of words with your fellow Bronco CEO this week
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

The most concerning set for me was a penalty we got half way through the second half. At 12-4 up we needed an attacking play to get points.
    Firstly Bailey wanted to take the two...glad he's not captain.
    0. Taylor makes a strong run
    1. For some reason Falloon takes a shot to the blind and waste a tackle.
    2. 2 pass to middle looking like some positional set up
    3. Then it looks like Sezer runs a tail behind some leading decoys but half runs it and gives a pressure pass to Michaels with defenders on him.
    4. Then a switch to an extra inside ball looked to be the play they were going for but the set up was pathetic and they just run into traffic.
    5. Talyor gains something out of the set via a grubber into the in-goal.

If we get a penalty 35 out, Kelly has to get the ball and I expect Idris to be involved

The top 4 sides wont be producing attacking sets like this at this stage of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    The most concerning set for me was a penalty we got half way through the second half. At 12-4 up we needed an attacking play to get points.
    Firstly Bailey wanted to take the two...glad he's not captain.
    0. Taylor makes a strong run
    1. For some reason Falloon takes a shot to the blind and waste a tackle.
    2. 2 pass to middle looking like some positional set up
    3. Then it looks like Sezer runs a tail behind some leading decoys but half runs it and gives a pressure pass to Michaels with defenders on him.
    4. Then a switch to an extra inside ball looked to be the play they were going for but the set up was pathetic and they just run into traffic.
    5. Talyor gains something out of the set via a grubber into the in-goal.

If we get a penalty 35 out, Kelly has to get the ball and I expect Idris to be involved

The top 4 sides wont be producing attacking sets like this at this stage of the game.
    i have seen manly do worse than that.

This happens week in week out by every team.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

At this time of year David I agree with you. We did well to win scrapy. Yes a few things looked ordinary buts its only Rd 4 and we are in 4 spot on the ladder. I hate to think where we were last year. I smiled when I saw Dave Taylor kick because that said to me that he is starting to feel comfortable in his role with the club. To me the difference in the defence is that I think that every player has confidence in those player inside and outside of them although I tend to think that we have a few holes on the middle of the park at times.

If we win scrapy by round 7-8 ill be a little worried but overall have where we are at the moment.