Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 4 2013: PANTHERS vs TITANS

Penrith Panthers vs Gold Coast Titans

Sunday March 31 3:00 PM - Centrebet Stadium
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 05-01-13 at 07:56 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

8 day turn around has come at a good time, were some tired legs out there. A match off might do the world of good for Harro with origin just around the corner.

We're gunna get Steamrolled..

We need to smash these bunch of chickpeas. It would do a whole lot of good for our for and against.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    We're gunna get Steamrolled..
    Ah-ha the old reverse psychology trick no complacency and we'll be competitive again. The Souffs game today should give us a benchmark.
    Last edited by Titanic; 24-03-13 at 01:26 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

we have the chance to win the next 8 games easy

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Quote Originally Posted by thelwall View Post
    we have the chance to win the next 8 games easy
    we need to win as many games as possible because our run home is going to be difficult.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

one at a time for me
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    one at a time for me
    Yup, after hearing a from a couple of players (post game) this year, it seems to be their approach as well.

And personally, I wouldn't be that upset if we didn't make the top 8 this year. Just as long as the guys gel this year, to eventually build to be a formidable team in 2014 and beyond.

Yup, after hearing a from a couple of players (post game) this year, it seems to be their approach as well.

And personally, I wouldn't be that upset if we didn't make the top 8 this year. Just as long as the guys gel this year, to eventually build to be a formidable team in 2014 and beyond.
    Id be shocked if we didnt make the 8 this yr.

Looking at the first 3 rds, there are 4/5 very ordinary teams in the comp
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post

Yeah, for sure. Going by our early stats this year, we're well ahead of some of the usual front runners. Three Rounds in, we do look like serious contenders.

But to be closer to the point to my previous comment. I was basically putting it out there that I don't particular care where we end up this year. Just as long as the team comes together. Though here we are, only the 3rd round in, the guys have gelled quite well already.

Only minor downside I could draw on yesterday's match. Was the lads looked a lil' rattled when Manly started to make their comeback in the 2nd half. A few panic maneuvers in Defense for a handful of minutes. But the lads seemed to find their composure once again, and got on with it. If that happened in either 2011 or 2012 with us, it would've thrown some of our guys for the rest of the match, in some cases.

To me, they're the promising signs that we've got something good coming together in 2013.

Thumbs up

Yeah, for sure. Going by our early stats this year, we're well ahead of some of the usual front runners. Three Rounds in, we do look like serious contenders.

But to be closer to the point to my previous comment. I was basically putting it out there that I don't particular care where we end up this year. Just as long as the team comes together. Though here we are, only the 3rd round in, the guys have gelled quite well already.

Only minor downside I could draw on yesterday's match. Was the lads looked a lil' rattled when Manly started to make their comeback in the 2nd half. A few panic maneuvers in Defense for a handful of minutes. But the lads seemed to find their composure once again, and got on with it. If that happened in either 2011 or 2012 with us, it would've thrown some of our guys for the rest of the match, in some cases.

To me, they're the promising signs that we've got something good coming together in 2013.
    I know what u mean by a few minutes of panic. But the re shuffle was a bit crazy and caused most of it. Taka went off, and we moved Albert to fullback , bird to 5/8th and ridge to centre or something. It was a weird re shuffle and lucky we rallied to fight of the challenge.

This is the one game where I won't be cheering the Titans.

But in all honesty, I think they'll win.

Panthers aren't the strongest team going around, but the bunnies are definitely one of them, and that game could have gone the other way.

Titans forward pack will dominate, and Titans defence has been much better than the Panthers this year.

That said, Panthers attack looked much better when compared to the other week when every set ended with a bomb, and Segeyaro will be hard for any defence to stop.

Should be a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    one at a time for me
    Yes, definitely. Planning half a season ahead is pretty pointless. Take each game as it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post

And this. I honestly can't understand a lot of the early negativity before the season kicked off, and now that we have shown what we have got, what we can do, and people still wonder whether we will make the 8?

It's early days, anything can happen, there will be Rep duties, probably some injuries, but to even think there are 8 better teams than us going around is about as far from reality as it gets.

This can be our year. The only viable threats at this time are Storm, Dogs, Manly and Souths, possibly Easts if they get it in a pile, maybe Sharks if they can maintain the rage (but i doubt it). We have beaten Manly in a great tussle, and Dogs need to start the long haul back to the top.

Panthers looked pretty good yesterday, for the Panthers, but I cannot see any real concern. Souths let them run in some easy tries, which flattered the Panthers scoreline. Our defence should have stopped most of that.

Souths engaged the Panffers in a shoot out yesterday and it nearly brought about the undoing of the better team. If we can turn the game into a grind we will win the game comfortably. However, if we play the sort of loose football that the Rabbits were guilty of we will probably be beaten as we don't have the points in us that Souths do.

The blue print for this game was laid down against the Raiders. If we keep it tight and under control early they will not be able to match our physicality and we will steam roll them late.