Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

For what it's worth, I agree with those people who are questioning the 12k crowd call. They must have been counting feet.

That game is why so many of us got excited with the loss last week. We could see they had it in them if they got it right. Admittedly, Canberra were awful but we shut them out.
    A couple of good things with the small crowd...
    Most people ignored their seat allocations and were able to find a shady spot.
    There was no 'cattle crush' to get home.

Top four for sure.

I doubt the crowd as well

I mean from my vantage point I could safely count the 12 thousand people at the game or lack thereof.

I think they were 1 short
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Jersey looked awesome at the ground. And looks just as good on the tv... It's just us poor sods wearing it around that the helmet is so apparent and off putting.

Raiders had more tackles in the 20 zone than us and we kept them to zero. Also in the redic heat, alby made a gutsy chase that was pure heart and taka also made awesome late cover to deny a certain try. They could have eased a bit , but they showed super spirit to fight for our cause. Really proud of it.
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 17-03-13 at 10:40 PM.

Watching replay, idris trying so much harder in attack and defense.

Busy on both sides of the ball. Now we just need to devise plays to isolate defenders and hellbe unstoppable. He's getting 3 or 4 manned most times he gets the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Watching replay, idris trying so much harder in attack and defense.

Busy on both sides of the ball. Now we just need to devise plays to isolate defenders and hellbe unstoppable. He's getting 3 or 4 manned most times he gets the ball.
    The better they defend
    , the more adventurous they will attack I believe. It gives them confidence to try things
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

i havent been at a titans game since 2010 i think its about time i go have a watch , after seeing an exciting game of football today i think i should

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Good win by the boys today, but dam it was hot. I watched as Dave Taylor using a towel used 3/4 of a bucket of water to try and cool down. No doubt the result was awesome but I heard one thing that I have rarely heard from a Titans Bench. That was when Nate Myles came off for a break in the first half he was watching and saw a few things that could be done better. He then said to Gilly and Dan Ferris a few things and they went directly out and took the message out to the forwards. Couldn't quite hear the message tho. That to me was the most pleasing aspect.

As many have mentioned, the crowd was below what everyone would have liked, but winning will bring the fans back, and I would expect an honest 12k next week, after this strong win. It will be reported as 16K though. Hopefully we can get 20K to the Broncos game.

The best thing about this match is the fact it has made a lot of people happy! Hopefully it will continue and we can build with confidence and a positive attitude as the season rolls on.

Raiders Post Game: From the Sheds
    Adam Santarossa
    Sunday 17 March 2013 6:56 PM

Titans TV caught up with iSelect Titans Co-Captain, Greg Bird, Jamal Idris and Kevin Gordon in the sheds following the Titans win over the Raiders on Sunday.
    To view the video

http://www.titans.com.au/
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Raiders Post Game: From the Sheds
    Adam Santarossa
    Sunday 17 March 2013 6:56 PM

Titans TV caught up with iSelect Titans Co-Captain, Greg Bird, Jamal Idris and Kevin Gordon in the sheds following the Titans win over the Raiders on Sunday.
    To view the video

http://www.titans.com.au/
    Loved the comment from Flash

Unstoppable
    #itaintweaktospeak

How intimidating is the Titans defensive line...with Ridge, Bird, Taylor, James, Myles and Idris in the side...your bound to get a couple of these guys hitting a ball carrier at the one time...no wonder they dropped the ball so many times.

Kelly's attack is a breath of fresh air...runs straight lines, gives a good ball, takes it to the line and importantly for his runners in the future, held the ball when runners were marked...oh and backs up!

Zillman...The only attack Canberra offered were bombs and he not only defused every one of them, he ate up metres on the return by running straight..his attack up the middle destroyed Canberra and he would have to be the most underrated player on this forum. I can't believe nobody voted a point for him.

As good as we were...Canberra were pathetic.

Another point that i don't think has been mentioned is that the players stayed on the park well after the Fulltime siren (some were still there 15min later) & they looked to have gone over to see most parts of the ground, Harro & Taylor came over to us & thank us for turning out to watch them, thought they were good words considering they looked like they were about to pass out at the time..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Furner fumes after Titans beat Raiders

RSS
    By Ed Jackson AAP Sun, Mar 17, 2013 - 8:40 PM

Canberra coach David Furner said a possible recall for errant star Blake Ferguson was the last thing on his mind as the Raiders were handed a 36-0 NRL hiding against Gold Coast on Sunday.

The Titans ran in six unanswered tries in hot and humid conditions at Skilled Park, completing a horror week for the Raiders during which star fullback Josh Dugan was sacked and Ferguson stood down indefinitely for an alcohol-related incident.

While the temptation is there to rush the 22-year-old back for next weekend's visit by St George Illawarra, Furner said Ferguson's situation wasn't his primary concern in the wake of the defeat.

"That's the furthest thing on my mind at the moment," he told reporters.

"I just need to look at individual performances out there today and have a look. That's where we're at."

Raiders skipper David Shillington said the week's dramas may have had some impact on the team's preparation for the game but it couldn't be used as an excuse for the performance.

The visitors were awful both in possession and in defence, missing 35 tackles to the Titans' 10 and racking up just two line breaks to the hosts 10.

"It just purely came down to that ball control," Shillington said.

"You can analyse our defence all day but we shouldn't have been tackling so much.

"We should have just held the ball, gone set-for-set with them and we would have been a lot more competitive."

The Raiders could be further depleted for the clash with the Dragons with forward Tom Learoyd-Lahrs placed on report for a shoulder charge on Titan Ryan James late in the match.

The victory margin was the greatest in the Titans' 150-game NRL existence, eclipsing their 26-point win over Parramatta in 2007.

The new halves pairing of Aidan Sezer and Albert Kelly took control of the match, with Kelly running in two first-half tries and Matt Srama notching up a try assist.

There was also a first-half double for hooker Srama as the Titans raced to a 30-0 halftime lead, also the biggest in the club's history.

Titans coach John Cartwright said it was the clean sheet in defence which had pleased him the most following the 12-10 opening round loss at Cronulla.

"It's hard to keep a side to nil in any level of football," Cartwright told reporters.

"To keep them to nil in that heat ... there would have been an excuse to give up towards the end of the game, or someone drop off or not finish the tackle but we kept coming up."
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    How intimidating is the Titans defensive line...with Ridge, Bird, Taylor, James, Myles and Idris in the side...your bound to get a couple of these guys hitting a ball carrier at the one time...no wonder they dropped the ball so many times.

Kelly's attack is a breath of fresh air...runs straight lines, gives a good ball, takes it to the line and importantly for his runners in the future, held the ball when runners were marked...oh and backs up!

Zillman...The only attack Canberra offered were bombs and he not only defused every one of them, he ate up metres on the return by running straight..his attack up the middle destroyed Canberra and he would have to be the most underrated player on this forum. I can't believe nobody voted a point for him.

As good as we were...Canberra were pathetic.
    On Zillman, there were times were he looked off the pace. down the left side he was given an inside ball as he ran through a gaping hole. he dropped it but that is not the point. He ran for another 20 metres through the gap not looking back at the play and Canberra picked up the ball and stole another 30 metres down the field.
    He also should not of been caught when he made the dash from centre field. if he has put in 100% he would of made the try. Maybe he was injured/stuffed i dont know.

Zillman still outplayed Mead, which is good for Zilly.