Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Great defence today, thought Ryan James was great as was Albert Kelly. Another quick one, thought Jamal had has best game as a Titan, great pass for the try and some very good reads in defence.
    Good DT points too

Jamal put some big hits in today, that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Great defence today, thought Ryan James was great as was Albert Kelly. Another quick one, thought Jamal had has best game as a Titan, great pass for the try and some very good reads in defence.
    yes, it's a pity we can't get him a bit deeper and running holes instead of barging around the place.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Titans thrash woeful Raiders 36-0 in NRL

Ed Jackson AAP Sun, Mar 17, 2013 - 4:05 PM

Gold Coast marked their 150th NRL match with a record-breaking 36-0 win over Canberra at Skilled Park on Sunday.

Playing in hot and humid conditions which forced the activation of the NRL's heat rule, the Titans were relentless against a woeful Raiders outfit, running in six unanswered tries as temperatures soared past 30 degrees.

The victory margin is the biggest in the Titans' history, eclipsing their 38-12 win over Parramatta in 2007, while their 30-0 halftime advantage was also a new high for the club.

Matt Srama and Albert Kelly both scored first-half doubles for the Titans, with Kelly's second coming after a length-of-the-field break by Jamal Idris sent the former Cronulla playmaker into the clear.

The Raiders, who have endured a miserable week including the sacking of star fullback Josh Dugan, head back to the nation's capital winless from their opening two fixtures of the season.

The visitors were simply never in Sunday's game, racking up 35 missed tackles and completing just 22 of their 37 sets.

They will also have a nervous wait after forward Tom Learoyd-Lahrs was placed on report in the 72nd minute for a shoulder charge on Titan Ryan James.

The Titans host Manly next weekend while the Raiders welcome St George Illawarra to Canberra.

I'm very excited to see the halves pairing play together more and develop even more. I love having a defensive halfback!

Albys chase on a runaway centre was outstanding. He is so cool.

Some really good signs today without getting carried away.

Titanic, 40 is coming...50 was on the cards until the southerly with its gusty wind came in.

Successful yr is built on defence and this titans team will be a monster defensive outfit this yr.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

That was fun.

Best day I've had at the footy since I don't remember when.

we could of easy put on 60 against canberra, storm would of but the heat was full on im glad our defence stood the test ,alby is amazing he has so much skill i was very impressed his defence is second to none and even him and sezer seemed to gel better, idris was excellent and giving the ball to mead or gordy was always a good option even taka had an excellent game showed some real power earlier on in the game overall very happy look forward to meeting manly now this will be a real test for us

Have we ever kept a team to nil before??

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Even better, Raiders have injuries, might look at a 24+ win now. I am considering 30 points on the board a pass mark today. Anything less isn't really good enough IMO. And I also see no reason we can't hold them scoreless, or at least stop them crossing. This should be todays objective. Post 30, keep them out.
    Any questions, haters?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Albys chase on a runaway centre was outstanding. He is so cool.

Some really good signs today without getting carried away.
    There were 12 points that Alby saved that Prince would have given up on. And he hasn't hit his straps in attack yet.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Titanic, 40 is coming...50 was on the cards until the southerly with its gusty wind came in.

Successful yr is built on defence and this titans team will be a monster defensive outfit this yr.
    Was there something wrong with Meady today? Played worse than Flash last week, the worst hands, no chase, seemed like he must've had the flu or something.... or just the heat??

We we're denied about 24 extra points either by refereeing, or just some unlucky/simple errors at they try line, and some tired attack with kick chases etc. Porbably hard to maintian that intensity in that heat when you are up by 30.

But yes, it was the late defensive effort that made it worthwhile. It will be a different game next week, but you have to savour these wins when you get them, and then start again from scratch for the next week. The boys should take a lot of confidence out of a good effort in attack, and holding them out for 80 minutes. I'm pretty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Any questions, haters?

There were 12 points that Alby saved that Prince would have given up on. And he hasn't hit his straps in attack yet.

Was there something wrong with Meady today? Played worse than Flash last week, the worst hands, no chase, seemed like he must've had the flu or something.... or just the heat??
    a few drop balls in first half but 2nd half he was good with rolling his sleeves up.

He was rooted the whole game, every time I looked at him he had his hands on his knees

That right side defence is solid solid solid
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Have we ever kept a team to nil before??
    we beat the cows 18-0 last years first round

The pace Jamal had over the 60m was fairly impressive for someone his size when he put Albert Kelly thru for a try.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Quote Originally Posted by The Gladiator View Post
    we beat the cows 18-0 last years first round
    Also beat the storm 18-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    The pace Jamal had over the 60m was fairly impressive for someone his size when he put Albert Kelly thru for a try.
    good ball aye.

My first game at skilled for yrs and thoroughly enjoyed it
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]