Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 214
  1. #1
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    36,020

    Default Round 3 2013: TITANS vs MANLY

    TITANS vs MANLY


    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  2. #2
    Junior Titan The Gladiator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    455

    Default

    The Gladiator will be going to this game in full paint! Come down to the legion if you want a photo looks great for facebook and other stuff... just ask DIEHARD, I'm pretty nice

    See you boys this time next week!

  3. #3
    Coach Coaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Gold Coast Parkwood
    Posts
    4,705

    Default

    What time is this game ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    4,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    What time is this game ?
    4:30pm I think.

    Hope Jamal lays out Jamie Lyin'
    "My god I am shredded. I can't believe I got to this point in my life where literally every person that sees me is saying words like "mirin" and "arnie, that you?". It's boring, sure. But it's part of my life."-DavidBouveng
    https://instagram.com/league_of_titans/

    https://www.facebook.com/leaguetitans

  5. #5
    Super Moderator TITAN PETE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SKILLED PARK S5
    Posts
    10,927

    Default

    Next week will give us a good indication where our team is really at, Eagles were Red Hot last week in the 2nd half & backed it up tonight by flogging the Knights.
    #itaintweaktospeak

  6. #6

    Default

    The Sea Eagles have such an elevated level of line speed it intimidates opposing sides and we have to match this to be seriously competitive. I was impressed with some of our defensive muscle today but our line speed in defence needs to improve.

  7. #7
    Rep Player gotitans101_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wide Bay QLD
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Next week will give us a good indication where our team is really at, Eagles were Red Hot last week in the 2nd half & backed it up tonight by flogging the Knights.
    Pretty much this. If we don't at least make a game of it then we're back to square one unfortunately.

  8. #8
    Kangaroo Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nanjing
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    Lyin' will mark up against Takairangi, Idris against "who knows" as Matai looked busted yesterday and Taufua against Mead but the real match-up will be both sets of half's.
    Last edited by Titanic; 18-03-13 at 10:07 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Lyin' will mark up against Takairangi, Idris against "who knows" as Matai looked busted yesterday and Tafua against Mead but the real match-up will be both sets of half's.
    Should be a good test for Taka who i believe has solved our left center position based on performances in both rounds.

    The young halves clash will be entertaining as well as several other match-ups.

    This game against Manly will be the best indicator we'll get within the first 5 rounds as to how our team is faring in the comp?

  10. #10

    Default

    Man a win this weak means ppl will sit up and take notice.

    One things for sure. We won't get thrashed this year. Our attitude to defense and good metre gainage will keep us in every game. Our kicking and ball handling will decide if we win them.

    2013...things are looking up.

  11. #11
    Titans Star Player Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Our kicking and ball handling will decide if we win them.
    Ball control is an end result...it's not something you should focus on too much.
    If your plays are threatening and your runners are hitting the correct angles, ball control becomes easy. Support play cleans any loose balls thrown....in other words BACK UP.
    If you try and play safe, the defensive reads it and hits you in numbers...you have more chance of coughing the ball up, plus your just wont score.

    Kelly last week created lots of opportunities and give an intercept...thats want you want from your ball player....Risk with result.
    It gives Sezer more room and he can then threaten the line while still playing safe.

  12. #12
    Junior Titan GOLDHAMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Penrith
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Taka did a fantastic job setting up the first try..he has done more in the first two weeks than champion did for a whole year.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Ball control is an end result...it's not something you should focus on too much.
    If your plays are threatening and your runners are hitting the correct angles, ball control becomes easy. Support play cleans any loose balls thrown....in other words BACK UP.
    If you try and play safe, the defensive reads it and hits you in numbers...you have more chance of coughing the ball up, plus your just wont score.

    Kelly last week created lots of opportunities and give an intercept...thats want you want from your ball player....Risk with result.
    It gives Sezer more room and he can then threaten the line while still playing safe.
    I get what u are saying, but I think if u asked 16 NRL coaches what is the first thing their team needs to worry about, likely 16 will say ball control.

    Like Canberra yesterday , if you can't even get to your third tackle, kicking, angles, support play all mean jack.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDHAMMER View Post
    Taka did a fantastic job setting up the first try..he has done more in the first two weeks than champion did for a whole year.
    He has shown more intent to create than almost any of our 'tuck it and run' centres.

    He could end up being a great buy

  15. #15
    Junior gothabull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    reedy creek
    Posts
    165

    Default

    and champions already injured lol


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew