Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

another way to look at it is that we have Bird Harrison Myles Douglas and Taylor all known for being able to play big minutes if not the whole game.

to add Mini or someone tpo the bench at the expense of Falloo means these guys get their minutes cut, id rather the young emerging hooker who makes 50 tackles a game get a breather and re set himself, than one of those forwards really.

im not crazy fussed either way, but looking at it this way for me makes it so that 2 hookers is a slight winner for me.

Does anyone know why this game is on at 6:30pm on a Sunday?

Seems odd to me, but maybe I am missing something.....

Works out well though because otherwise I would have been pushing it to make it in time for the Away Game viewing at Tallai!!!

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

its the first of the twiglight games on the sunday night...

Sharkies 2011 wooden spoon anyone ?

Douglas was with them then
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    to add Mini or someone tpo the bench at the expense of Falloo means these guys get their minutes cut, id rather the young emerging hooker who makes 50 tackles a game get a breather and re set himself, than one of those forwards really.
    We need centres and that would be my choice. I thought Takairangi would have been the choice but as he's starting I would rather be blooding some outside back but not really complaining just commenting. Too excited for whingeing.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Sharks look to be screwed
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Junior

NRL threatening to take away all Sharkies Premierships...oh hang on...

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Does anyone know why this game is on at 6:30pm on a Sunday?

Seems odd to me, but maybe I am missing something.....

Works out well though because otherwise I would have been pushing it to make it in time for the Away Game viewing at Tallai!!!
    Might be good for us that this game is late in the round. If the game was tomorrow night then the Sharks might have been at full strength but by the time Sunday evening rolls around who knows what the Sharks will look like. Not that I am happy about this this. As a League supporter foremost I just wish we could have one year without any crap.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Sharkies 2011 wooden spoon anyone ?

Douglas was with them then
    Dont forget albert kelly aswell

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Might be good for us that this game is late in the round. If the game was tomorrow night then the Sharks might have been at full strength but by the time Sunday evening rolls around who knows what the Sharks will look like. Not that I am happy about this this. As a League supporter foremost I just wish we could have one year without any crap.
    All league fans would hate all this I'm sure. God knows, as Titans fans we know how demoralising these off field incidents are for fans. Only silver lining is it bumps SBW off the front page of the Tele.

Quote Originally Posted by ByronTitan View Post
    All league fans would hate all this I'm sure. God knows, as Titans fans we know how demoralising these off field incidents are for fans. Only silver lining is it bumps SBW off the front page of the Tele.
    Couldn't agree more. I think the Titans should get on the front foot in relation to Douglas (and possibly Kelly). As this gets messy in the next day or so clubs that are more transparent will be the ones that get our respect.
    What still gets me though is that the substances that the Sharks players supposedly took were not illegal at that time and no positive blood tests were obtained. It seems ASADA want some heads and don't really care how they get them.

The game might not even go ahead...

The people that spoke to me 3 or 4 days mentioned a certain Titans name as being in the mix, he has been referred to on this thread. Also mentioned Manly, Cowboys, Dogs and Knights.

This will not be confined to the Sharks but all the other clubs mentioned do not have the number of players implicated that the Sharks do.

My information is that the number of Sharks is 6, not the 14 being bandied around.

The last point to mention is that the entire drug testers case rests on players coming forward and accepting suspensions to avoid risk being slapped with a full 2 years. Given that the drug testers never, ever actually catch anybody there is a fair chance that if the players say nothing they will not actually wear a suspension at all. The next 24 hours will be very interesting.

Finally, this is not just a distraction for Sharks players - it would be a distraction for our squad as well. They are also going to go and play in front of a very angry and very motivated home crowd now. This is not necessarily a good story for us...

Quote Originally Posted by ByronTitan View Post
    Only silver lining is it bumps SBW off the front page of the Tele.
    Not if David Gyngell and Channel 9 has anything to do with it. Expect an onslaught of the Ad from 6pm onwards.

IIRC.. his missus (Leila McKinnon) is Chook Supporter. Probably why the SBW thing is getting more air time than what it's worth.