Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ItO9fZNzDA

Good review on who he thinks will make the Round 1 team. He likes Brad Takairangi at centre with Gordon staying at wing. Also check out http://www.titans.com.au/news-displa...r-action/69054 where Cartwright also mentions that he likes Takairangi and that he is a chance for centre. I think I would prefer a Takairangi/Gordon left side to a Gordon/Don left side for the first round. He is a big unit and can offload and make breaks and has some good pace. His defence was his only concern at the Roosters.
    I think Taka will get the centre spot with Gordon on the wing outside him. Carty seemed very keen on him and there have been some very suggestive tweets lately from the likes of Toopi to Taka suggesting that he is lined up for centre come round 1. Maybe I'm looking into it too much but i wouldn't mind it at all, from what I've heard he is a good player. His offload will be lethal with Gordon staying on his shoulder.

I'm amping for this game. We're paying 2.60 h2h on the TAB here. I never bet on us because I'm bias as **** but this may in fact be worth a dabble.

I can't wait for kick off. It's going to be a great season and it feels like a new era. I back us to win, but it really comes down to our halves.

I guess I dont expect any surprises when the team is announced, but I'd like a couple.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Cronulla Sharks playmaker Todd Carney looks fit and ready to tackle the Titans in round one

TWO weeks ago, Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan was telling NRL insiders that star five-eighth Todd Carney was no hope of recovering from a torn achilles tendon in time to face the Gold Coast Titans.

While his acceleration and trademark swerve were showing signs of returning, given the importance of Carney to Cronulla's title aspirations, Flanagan wasn't taking any chances.

Scroll through their roster, with recruits Luke Lewis, Michael Gordon, Beau Ryan and Chris Heighington, and you realise why Jack Gibson's famous line that "waiting for the Sharks to win a premiership is like leaving the porch light on for Harold Holt" could finally be under pressure.

It's taken three seasons, but Flanagan has assembled an all-star line-up capable of challenging for the title and a fit Carney is a must for the big end-of-season games.

Chad Townsend appeared a far more sensible alternative to start the season, giving Carney that little bit of extra time to get himself cherry ripe.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Titans Fanatic View Post
    3 weeks guys until our first game....Whos headed to cronulla with me
    I'll be there mate

Coach sidelines Mark Minichiello

Travis Meyn | March 5th, 2013

Mark Minichiello will miss the Titans' first game. Pic: Jerad Williams
    TITANS coach John Cartwright is set to make one of the biggest selection decisions of his career in overlooking foundation forward Mark Minichiello for the club's first game of the season.

Minichiello will be a noticeable omission from the 18-man squad Cartwright names this afternoon for Sunday's clash against the Sharks at Cronulla.

The foundation Titan holds the record for the most games played for the club and has been a regular in the team in its six-year history, signing a two-year contract extension last year.

But he will start the season on the sideline as Cartwright opts for youth in Ben Ridge and Ryan James while utility Luke O'Dwyer will be on the extended bench.

Roosters recruit Brad Takairangi has won the race for the Titans left centre spot while Albert Kelly will be the Gold Coast's halfback in 2013.

Burleigh's Anthony Don was pushing for an NRL debut on the wing but Cartwright will keep Gordon on the flank outside Takairangi.

Wish I could be there. But can't because of stuff out of my hands. Penrith too is a bust for me.

See some of your at our designated watering hole.

Where's titanic? Ridge starting overctaylor and mini and others. U must appreciate that.

Titans Round 1 Team Announcement

Adam Gardini | Tuesday 5 March 2013

iSelect Gold Coast Titans Coach John Cartwright has named three new faces in an 18-man squad for the club’s season opening clash against Cronulla at Shark Stadium on Sunday night.

New iSelect Titans recruits Albert Kelly, David Taylor and Brad Takairangi will all make their club debuts for the Titans on Sunday after impressing coach Cartwright during the club’s three pre-season trial match victories over the Warriors, Broncos and Cowboys.

Kelly, a 21-year-old former Australian Schoolboys representative, forms a new-look halves combination with young gun Aidan Sezer. Kelly will play his 15th NRL match this weekend against Sharks - the club he made his NRL debut for in 2010.

Queensland State of Origin forward David Taylor, 24, has been named on the interchange bench in what will mark his 113th NRL match since making his debut for the Brisbane Broncos in 2006.

Takairangi, who joined the Titans in February after a pre-season switch from the Sydney Roosters, has been named in the centres alongside winger Kevin Gordon. He will play his 30th NRL match this weekend.

The trio will become the 71st (Takairangi), 72nd (Kelly) and 73rd (Taylor) players to represent the club since 2007.

iSelect Titans v Cronulla Sharks
    Sunday, March 10 | 6.30pm (AEDT) - Sharks Stadium

1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Brad Takairangi
    4. Jamal Idris
    5. David Mead
    6. Aidan Sezer
    7. Albert Kelly
    8. Luke Douglas
    9. Matt Srama
    10. Nate Myles
    11. Greg Bird
    12. Ben Ridge
    13. Ashley Harrison

14. Dave Taylor
    15. Luke Bailey
    16. Ryan James
    17. Beau Falloon
    18. Luke O' Dwyer

http://www.titans.com.au/news-displa...uncement/69243

mmmm not a fan of ridge and harrison both starting... would of thought it would of been one or the other

me either..... didnt expect to see no mini either - carty seems different

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Good looking team, 2 hookers so it can prolong Sramas career
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

The Sharks are going to feel some pain when we bring on Taylor and James from the bench. Great looking side. No qualms from me.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Monstrous side. I'm fine with it. Not typical Carty..could be a good thing.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Monstrous side. I'm fine with it. Not typical Carty..could be a good thing.
    Agree 100%. Love the impact of the bench. Feels like a genuine changing of the guard that Scott P's departure is only part of.

Taylor will probably start, and so he should. Talk about knocking the morale out of a marquee signing.