Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

I agree with you in that our shape didn't reflect our trial form.

We fell back into our forward based rubbish. We did use Taylor / idris / mead a bit towards the end and looked dangerous, but harro is a black hole and absorbs any attack in his area and disappears it.

Defense was awesome, I trust Kelly wholeheartedly and love his commitment.

Hard one to take. Two tries all... Gettable conversion missed.

Dunno what to say about it, i Hate loosing so i will leave it alone till later.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Also think the refs were 'doing it for flano'.

I thought the reffing was terrible ... nah, just joking. Taylor came back on and really made a difference. Idris didn't run into holes but then again the right side did so much defence I can't blame him. Kelly and Sezer will improve.

And our troublesome left side? We leaked nothing there in tackles and that is really pleasing. Takairangi, although a right-sideplayer, went pretty well. Bird needs to curb his enthusiasm and although generally solid Gordon didn't trouble anybody with the ball except our deadball line.

The less said about Zillman's effort the better ... he either wasn't in position to catch the ball or was letting it bounce and along with Harrison watched that log Fifita amble over untouched.

Bring on the Raiders at home ... can't wait.

Ps. When Gallen with down cramp, I'll bet Bird offered him a mouse milk injection to fix it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I listened to the second half online. Sounds like a good effort let down by a bit of poise at the death. Lets not get too carried away in round one.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Junior Titan

I for one would like to see mead go to fullback.His pace and attacking skill tonight was first class.I thought in the first half they targeted Gordon kicking to his wing allowing his taller opponents to put pressure on him.Greg bird played fantastic but unfortunately his was one out,Was really happy with The half combination they will only get better.As earlier stated cronulla kicking game was first class.Our attack to the right look more effective than our left side we need to work on this before next week.We will be better for the run I think the sharks will beat a lot of sides at home this year.

Big Dan, I think after tonight that mead to FB is a matter of time.

With Carty in charge, Zilly won't get hooked from FB until...... round 20 maybe?

Seriously though, would love to see Mead given a longer chance at fullback. Tired of watching Zillman go missing for 3/4 of the season.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 10-03-13 at 08:51 PM.

The show and go when he caught the ball from fb position pretty much showed everyone what could be install for rest of the yr
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    The show and go when he caught the ball from fb position pretty much showed everyone what could be install for rest of the yr
    Me and my wife jumped so high, I hit the fan with my hand, and thought he was gooone.

We have to win next week we can't go 0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Our game plan hasn't changed.
    This team is so forward orientated that we will struggle to score more than 24 points a game.

2 sets near the line and we took 5 hit ups and then Harrison kicked fmd
    I'm not as impressed as others seem to be with the loss
    I've got to agree. I was happy with the way the new guys slotted into the side, but we are playing the same old game plan when we get an attacking opportunity. Our line in attack is way go shallow and where are those second man plays that work for every other team in the NRL.

Defense was the best it has been in a long time.

Rogers never ran 2nd man plays, he hogged the ball or turned it back inside but I thought I saw both Kelly and Sezer try that but the outside backs were way too shallow. It's too early to make changes but Gordon should be looking over his shoulder and Zillman is on borrowed time. Oh, I forgot, those inside balls from Kelly and Bird are 1% plays or miracle balls ... they are not stock plays.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Agreed titanic. Gordon looked a bit weak and not too useful. He looks quite slight too.if it continues for several rounds, I'm not sure who comes in though. Don? Matt Russell?

Kev was very solid as was Zillman who was close to creating a couple of opportunities. We were a little out of sync on the left and our last options were ordinary and devoid of creativity at best. When our backs went hard we were hard to stop, I agree we need to get more ball in their hands (the fact we struggled on the fifth tackle can be in part put down to us not stretching the defence enough on the fourth). We will smash Canberra if they dish up the rubbish they did today although I agree and would like to see us running some more backline stuff.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!