Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Immortal

Default 2013 CC and MM squads named

The final squads for the CC and MM cups for 2013 were announced on Monday. For the first time, there will not be a ?Titans? and other squad from the Gold Coast this year, the players are mixed in together. Some very talented players contracted to the Titans are in the squads. For what it is worth, below are the names of some players worth keeping an eye on. Some surprise omissions from the MM squads, but I will wait to hear the announcement of the NYC squad before noting.

CC:

Ethan Brouwer ? Hooker from the Tweed area. In the Matt Srama mould.
    Keanu Dawson ? Second Row, played last year in CC as a 15 year old. Very powerful runner of the football, has great potential.
    Keenan Palasia ? Centre, another who played in CC as a 15 year old last year.
    Sam Elliot ? second row from St John?s College Woodlawn, like his older brother a hard working backrower.

MM: ( I won?t mention Nathan Wilson and Zac Spring who I have mentioned previously)

Braydon McMahon ? Half, represented Qld in U16 last year. Very good organiser.
    Daymeric Pelo ? Front row, also represented Qld in U16?s, very powerful runner. Twin brother Dylan is a talented winger in the squad also.
    Anthony Coleman ? Second row, represented AIS in recent European tour. May get a chance at NYC level later in the year, he is that good.
    Jack Cook ? Hooker/Half ? Played in CC last year. Nippy ball runner and fearless defensively.
    James Iodice ? Front Row ? missed last year due to injury, but is a tough no nonsense forward.
    Sam Swift and Max Elliott ? Both second rowers. Both played in CC last year and formed the best second row tandem in the competition. Very good runners on the edge of the ruck with the ability to break tackles.

There are plenty of others, which I will detail over the off season if people wish.

cheers mdrew, thanks for the updates it makes great reading and look forward to more player information in the future

Immortal

A couple more names:

CC:

Josh Ralph - Half, on the small side, but has a good passing game, adept at putting runners into holes. Seems to like creating plays on the short side.

Josh Bentley - Lock, from Cudgen Hornets, best attribute is his defence.

MM:

Kail Hulls - Second Row, from PBC, backing up after playing MM this year, also made the AIS tour of Europe, not flashy, but will out work most others.

Brett Stratton - Centre, Played CC last year in the centre's although I think that his long term future is that of a wide running backrower. His hard running resulted in three tries in CC.

Shaun Hudson - Centre, another of the contingent of Titans contracted players that made the AIS tour where he played on the wing in a number of games. Scored two tries in limited MM this year, can also kick goals when necessary. Also from PBC.

I wouldn't leave Daniel Schwass off that list (half/ 5/8) , the only thing that will stop him making the top grade is he's ranked no1 as a referee & is being pushed to stick with the whistle.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I wouldn't leave Daniel Schwass off that list (half/ 5/8) , the only thing that will stop him making the top grade is he's ranked no1 as a referee & is being pushed to stick with the whistle.
    Good point Titan Pete, Daniel is a talented player who can find his way over the try line. The battle for the MM White, half and 5/8 positions will be tough with him up against guys like Nathan Wilson, Braydon McMahon and Adriel Lupeli. I think that Nathan is a certainity, with the others battling out for the other position. A good situation to have for the team.

Daymeric Pelo – Front row, also represented Qld in U16’s, very powerful runner. Twin brother Dylan is a talented winger in the squad also
    I assuming not identical twins
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Some more:

MM

Rhys Duke – Second row, played last year in MM, tough young backrower. Development staff have nothing but praise about his work ethic and ability.

Zac Young – Fullback/centre, player in CC last year, scoring five tries, to be the equal leading try scorer in the team. A tall rangy player who represented Qld Maroons U16 last year.

Tyrone Toorell – hooker. Played a fair bit of fullback when younger, but seems to have moved permanently to hooker now. Player last year in CC. On the small side but really does get stuck in and shows no fear. Will find it hard to get a spot in MM Green with some of the other hookers in that squad, but not because of lack of effort.

Joe Wegert – second row. Has been with the Titans for a few years now, playing at the CC level in 2011. Built low to the ground, his defence is his best feature.

Junior Titan

The kid everyone should be watching from the MM GREEN side is the number 9 Jenan Parrish.The only boy to make the QLD side last year who didnt play in the final series(top 4 sides).Just needs runners coming off his shoulder, very high work rate in attack & defence.

Hi guys just knew to the forums,my son has said the 2 boys from ippy Peaufi Vakuta and Oshae Tuiasau are with the development side as well.My boy is already been named on here and plays in MM green side.These 2 went really well I thought on Sunday so hope our system keeps most of these boys in our system because we could really give the 20s a good shake thats for sure..CHEERS!!

Immortal

Thanks for the information Neranga, Peaufi especially looked very good. Hope your son does well in the competition. You are spot on about keeping these young boys, if we do we will be cheering a few on in higher grades in years to come.

Immortal

No argument from me big bear. jenan is very talented. Only played a handful of minutes on the wekend, but his class showed in a limited about of time. We have a few good young hookers signed, he is as good as any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by big bear View Post
    The kid everyone should be watching from the MM GREEN side is the number 9 Jenan Parrish.The only boy to make the QLD side last year who didnt play in the final series(top 4 sides).Just needs runners coming off his shoulder, very high work rate in attack & defence.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Thanks for the information Neranga, Peaufi especially looked very good. Hope your son does well in the competition. You are spot on about keeping these young boys, if we do we will be cheering a few on in higher grades in years to come.
    thanks mdrew I hope he does well too,yeah Peaufi was really good and I thought Oshae went well with limited game time,was tough but didnt see much ball.Mdrew your feedback on the juniors is second to none!!CHEERS

Immortal

The sides for the first round of the CC and MM cups have been named. A number of Titans contracted players are in each of the four squads, some notables are below:

GC White

CC - Josh Ralph, Ethan Brouwer, Waylon Wood.

MM - Dylan and Daymeric Pelo, Shaun Hudson, Brett Stratton, Nathan Wilson, Daniel Schwass, Aaron Booth

GC Green

CC - Riley Yates, Sam Ross, Jake Gleeson, Josh Bentley, Keanu Dawson, Keenan Palasia, Jacob Roby, Sam Elliott, Zac Beecher

MM - Zac Spring, Oshae Tuisau, Peauafi Vakauta, Jack Cook, Sam Grant, Sam Swift, Anthony Coleman, Max Elliott

Good Luck to all

Immortal

Steve Dressler made his debut for GC Green in CC last weekend. A very powerful front rower who initially signed when he was only 12. He is still eligible for U15's, good work Steve. I young guy from Farrar makes his debut in MM this weekend. He joined the Titans after playing for the AIS on thier European tour late last year.

Immortal

Really should edit my posts, Brad Capello is the young boy from Farrar making his MM debut this week. Apologies.